Windows 10: MS Maps app

Discus and support MS Maps app in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ever since I installed the latest feature update V.1803, the MS Maps app shows my CURRENT location as somewhere in the middle of Argentina. which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HowardFreed, Jul 4, 2018.

1. MS Maps app

Ever since I installed the latest feature update V.1803, the MS Maps app shows my CURRENT location as somewhere in the middle of Argentina. which is 4,000 miles south of where I actually am. This also happens if I use MS Edge and go to the Bing Maps site.

Can't be my device... when I use Google Maps, it pinpoints my current location perfectly.

Also, I have verified that all my default location settings are correct, location services "on" etc.

IS THERE SOME ISSUE WITH MICROSOFT'S SATELLITE????

:)

HowardFreed, Jul 4, 2018

2. Windows Maps App.

Hi, Peter

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, I understand your concern and will try to assit you in the best way we can.

Have you tried restarting your system and check if you are able to find the app in your computer. If not then I would suggest that you do so and check if you are able to locate the app.

I would also suggest that you go to your c: drive locate Program Files open WindowsApps and check if the app is present there.

If you still cant find the app in your system then follow the steps mentioned below to remove and re-install Maps.

• On the search bar, type “Powershell” right click on it and select Run as Administrator.
    • Copy and paste the command stated below
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsMaps* |remove-appxpackage

• This will remove Maps from your system, you can install the app again from Store. But it will required to close Windows Store (if opened) to reinstall Maps.

Hope this information helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 4, 2018
  3. my location on maps app is wrong.

Hi Don,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Location privacy settings in search bar
      and click on Location privacy settings.
    • Here you can enable/disable the Location.
    • You may try to Enable/Disable the Maps app to use the

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jul 4, 2018
  4. jmack356 Win User

MS Maps app

Maps app not working...?

Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Whenever I go to load the included Maps app, it tries to load, even showing my local map, before it just shuts down after three seconds.
    I followed the tutorial to remove apps as show here (I used Powershell - Option #2)
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

The app uninstalled cleanly and after a quick restart it was gone from my Start Menu.
    I went to the store and found it again (Windows Maps) and reinstalled.
    Still no luck - same behavior - it tries to load then shuts down.
    Any suggestions?
    FWIW, it works fine on my desktop running the same OS - Pro 64-bit.

Thanks in advance...

jmack356, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

MS Maps app

1. MS Maps app - Similar Threads - Maps app

2. Microsoft maps app not displaying maps and settings not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft maps app not displaying maps and settings not working.: This is all I'm getting. So far I have Reset microsoft store; Reinstalled Microsoft maps; Enabled Location globally and for maps specifically.. Notice how I can't access any settings for downloading offline maps because they're blanked out..Any help much appreciated....
  3. Microsoft maps app not displaying maps and settings not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft maps app not displaying maps and settings not working.: This is all I'm getting. So far I have Reset microsoft store; Reinstalled Microsoft maps; Enabled Location globally and for maps specifically.. Notice how I can't access any settings for downloading offline maps because they're blanked out..Any help much appreciated....
  4. Very slow access to mapped network drives in Explorer and Office Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very slow access to mapped network drives in Explorer and Office Apps: I know this issue has been raised on many websites, many times. However, I still have not found a solution. I have tried every registry change and service verification, going so far as to doing a clean install of Windows.I have two very fast Synology NAS devices on my network...
  5. Very slow access to mapped network drives in Explorer and Office Apps

Very slow access to mapped network drives in Explorer and Office Apps: I know this issue has been raised on many websites, many times. However, I still have not found a solution. I have tried every registry change and service verification, going so far as to doing a clean install of Windows.I have two very fast Synology NAS devices on my network...
  6. Cannot map network drive using Windows App SDK version of File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot map network drive using Windows App SDK version of File Explorer: How do I find the usual version of File Explorer, or how do I map network drive in this version?Something changed, and all my maps disappeared....
  7. Cannot map network drive using Windows App SDK version of File Explorer

Cannot map network drive using Windows App SDK version of File Explorer: How do I find the usual version of File Explorer, or how do I map network drive in this version?Something changed, and all my maps disappeared....
  8. Windows 11 map app cannot find addresses.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 map app cannot find addresses.: I am having a problem with my map app for windows 11.Since I updated windows 11, map search cannot find the address I input.Sometimes, I input the name of the business and it will find that. But residences it blows me off.It says "can't find address.Recheck spelling or edit...
  9. Windows 11 map app cannot find addresses.

Windows 11 map app cannot find addresses.: I am having a problem with my map app for windows 11.Since I updated windows 11, map search cannot find the address I input.Sometimes, I input the name of the business and it will find that. But residences it blows me off.It says "can't find address.Recheck spelling or edit...
  10. Changing home address in the Maps app on Windows 11

Changing home address in the Maps app on Windows 11: So I had a question about Changing home and work address in the Maps app, I went to link here below:Changing home address in the Maps app - Microsoft CommunityI found nothing here helpful at changing the map!I checked my account settings and both show my current address as...