Windows 10: ms minecraft listens on random not fixed port - impossible to set properly port forwarding.

Discus and support ms minecraft listens on random not fixed port - impossible to set properly port forwarding. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to host a minecraft game windows 10, from microsoft store so friends over the internet could join my kids. The problem has been narrowed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gregorymp80, Oct 18, 2020.

1. ms minecraft listens on random not fixed port - impossible to set properly port forwarding.

I am trying to host a minecraft game windows 10, from microsoft store so friends over the internet could join my kids.

The problem has been narrowed down to ports minecraft is using.

It seems that besides 19132 udp/tcp which everyone is aware of, minecraft picks one random udp port different every time you start the game and that random port is used for rakenet communication.

Because it is random, it is impossible to properly setup port forwarding and firewall.

As a workaround I start a game, run netstat to check which port minecraft picked this time, quickly go to my router configuration and add that port to forwarding configuration. This makes it work but it is unacceptable. A server using random port each time to listen on doesn't make any sense.

I hope there is way to force a specific port somewhere in the configuration. Can someone tell me how to do this or this a "way" to force us into buying "realms"

I hope this the right place to ask this question?.I was looking to find a technical support contact for this minecraft microsoft game but I've failed.

:)

Gregorymp80, Oct 18, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

Help with port forwarding!

Just for clarification: Port forwarding takes a packet that is addressed to your external (public) IP address and forwards if to an internal (private) IP address

First step:

Go to What's My IP Address? Networking Tools & More

Your External (public) IP address will be shown at the top of the page.

This is the IP address that other users on the internet will use to connect to you.

Second step:

Find your Internal (private) IP address.

This is the IP address of the Ethernet card in your PC

This IP address MUST be in one of the following ranges to be guarenteed to work:

10.0.0.0 – 10.255.255.255
    172.16.0.0 – 172.31.255.255
    192.168.0.0 – 192.168.255.255

Third step:

Open up the admin application for your router and look for port forwarding/private servers option.

The screen will have a source port number (tcp and udp) and will also have a destination IP address and port.

Example:

Your PC has a private IP of 192.168.0.2 and your run a game server that uses ports 2345 and 8977

In admin screen source ports will be 2345 and 8977 (an entry for each port will be needed)

Destination will be 192.168.0.2 port 2345 and 192.168.0.2 port 8977

Example screenshot of port forward screen http://www.kumagames.com/img/server setup/server_setup_04.jpg

IggSter, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Smaed Win User
    Port not opening despite forwarded port, no firewall and an open listen server

On my previous PC, I was perfectly able to open ports with no issues, however after a switch to a new PC, all ports refuse to open.

To illustrate the process I have used, I have done the same with the test port 1235.

1. Forwarded port on router.
    2. Created a listen server using this tool
    3. Checked that the port is listening using netstat -an, where it reports a port listening at 0.0.0.0:1235.
    4. Checked that the port is listening locally using PortQryUI , where it reports that TCP port 1235 is listening.
    5. Checked that the port is listening externally using PortQryUI, where it reports that it is not listening.

To make sure that firewall is not the issue here, my firewall has been turned off and all third party firewalls have also been turned off.

I have searched around for a while, but I can't for the life of me find a solution that works for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: This happens for all ports, 1235 is just used to show the process.

Smaed, Oct 18, 2020
  4. billybag Win User

ms minecraft listens on random not fixed port - impossible to set properly port forwarding.

Trying To Forward Ports

I am not new to port forwarding. I had to deal with it when running a Minecraft server on my PC. However, i am running into a problem with The Forest (for PC)

Here are some screenshots of my problem. Basically, i get told that the ports are being used by other configs. Then it tells me to check the configs of various settings which i do, but they are all empty.

I need to forward 3478, 4379-4380, 27000-27050 (TCP/UDP) according to PortForward.com
    ms minecraft listens on random not fixed port - impossible to set properly port forwarding. [​IMG]

ms minecraft listens on random not fixed port - impossible to set properly port forwarding. [​IMG]

EDIT: I also noticed that when i check to see if my Minecraft ports are open, i get told they are closed which is weird. i havent played on my server for a couple years, but i never changed any settings.

billybag, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

ms minecraft listens on random not fixed port - impossible to set properly port forwarding.

1. ms minecraft listens on random not fixed port - impossible to set properly port forwarding. - Similar Threads - minecraft listens random

2. Port forward

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Port forward: Why do the various sites online for checking the router's open ports see the doors closed, while they are open? I have a Fastweb Fastgate router. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/port-forward/7c87e27e-60f9-4ff3-9582-f20582de3024
  3. Port forwarding minecraft server doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Port forwarding minecraft server doesn't work: I wanted to create minecraft server, and everything works fine but if i want to port forward minecraft port 25565 it looks like it's ok but if i try port forward cheker or say my friend to connect it is not working. Thank you for help!...
  4. help setting up port forwarding

help setting up port forwarding: Can anyone please help me with port forwarding on ee smarthub. Sort of know how to do it just dont know what to put in all the columns. i want to set up my vivobook tp412u, as i cant play on some of the older online games. taken pics of a few things to help. many thanks...
  5. Port Forward

Port Forward: How do I port forward? I tried portforward.com but did not work.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/port-forward/00a563a6-dab5-478b-9547-f6c19f73e1a8
  6. PORT FORWARDING

PORT FORWARDING: HEY, i tried a lot!!! but i am not successful in port fordwarding... where is the problem, i don't know. How to solve.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/port-forwarding/581bf140-fd49-471c-8412-dc44d9023e79
  7. Port forwarding issue

Port forwarding issue: I have a public IP address and sometimes host game servers on my PC. I was perfectly able to do this before, but now any server that I create doesn't seem to be visible from the outside of network. I made no changes to the network configuration, the only thig that appears to...
  8. Port Forwarding

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Port Forwarding: Need to open up ports for an upcoming project (HTTPs, SSH, and RDP). I've added all these services in the "port forwarding" section of my network settings. However when scanning with netstat, I cannot find these ports enabled. Pinging directly with telnet I get a failed...
  9. Can't port forwarding

Can't port forwarding: [ATTACH] Port serviciu = Service port Port intern = Intern port Adresa IP = IP Address Protocol = Protocol Toate = All Stare = Status Activat = On/Activated Modificare = Modify Stergere = Delete I am trying to portforward a server but it doesn't work [ATTACH] I...
  10. Private VPN and port forwarding 1723 to Random Port - any ideas

Private VPN and port forwarding 1723 to Random Port - any ideas: Hi there I'm creating a private VPN - the actual VPN creation process isn't too bad but there's a bit of security I don't like. Incoming VPN connections on Windows I think use Port 1723 - so malicious people if they want to check for any VPN's out there can just see who...