Windows 10: MS Money 99 and Win10

Discus and support MS Money 99 and Win10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Greetings, New to Win10 and this forum. I have read about some difficulty installing MS Money in Win10. Today I downloaded and installed Win10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Smorton, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Smorton Win User

MS Money 99 and Win10

Greetings,

New to Win10 and this forum. I have read about some difficulty installing MS Money in Win10.

Today I downloaded and installed Win10 (64 bit) and then tried to install MS Money 99 (basic). I assumed it would not install, but it did, easily, without any changes to the registry, etc.

Does anyone know if this would have been a fluke, or has Win10 been upgraded to support MS Money? I am startled to discover that a 1999 version of Money could be installed so easily.

Any input appreciated.

:)

Smorton, Dec 10, 2015
  2. edferg Win User

money plus doesn't work with win 10. help!

Search the web for: Microsoft Compatibility Center ms money

It shows WIN10 is compatible with several versions of MS Money, including mine, Microsoft Money Plus Sunset Deluxe

So, let’s hope MS feels compelled to fix WIN10 to work with MS Money. My version worked fine with WIN8.1 Now it wants me to install IE6 !

Due to future upgrades, unforeseen issues, etc., I'm not keen on the idea of changing the registry unless MS announces that is the official fix.

Ed

edferg, Dec 10, 2015
  3. ErsanCH Win User
    Microsoft Money with Windows 10

Hi,

I have Money 99 (german Version).

Yesterday evening I upgraded my notebook from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 (64-bit) and initially I could start Money 99 correctly, but the application was not able to read my existing .mny file.

I followed then the recommendations in
    http://www.hbcifm99.de/nachrichten/installation-von-ms-money-unter-windows-10.html
    by first installing an SP1 (http://www.hbcifm99.de/files/hbcifm99/DL/QFE05127.EXE)
    and then by adding [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer]"Version"="9.11.10240.0" in the Registry.

After rebooting the machine I could start Money 99 and open my existing .mny file without any problem.

ErsanCH, Dec 10, 2015
Thema:

MS Money 99 and Win10

1. MS Money 99 and Win10 - Similar Threads - Money Win10

2. stop taking money off my credt card

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    stop taking money off my credt card: please stop trying to take money off my credit card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-taking-money-off-my-credt-card/64de33ff-c6d9-454f-b889-2d10261de48b
  3. stop taking money off my credt card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stop taking money off my credt card: please stop trying to take money off my credit card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-taking-money-off-my-credt-card/64de33ff-c6d9-454f-b889-2d10261de48b
  4. stop taking money off my credt card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MSN Money - wrong figure for AUM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSN Money - wrong figure for AUM: 1 Bug in MSN MoneyStep 1: Go to msn moneyStep 2: Go to "expert portfolios" Step 3: Choose "ETFS" Step 4: Sort the data according to "Net assets high to low" Step 5: Choose "list view" Step 6: you will see wrong info for AUM for all companies. Interestingly, if i stay with...
  6. MSN Money - wrong figure for AUM

MSN Money - wrong figure for AUM: 1 Bug in MSN MoneyStep 1: Go to msn moneyStep 2: Go to "expert portfolios" Step 3: Choose "ETFS" Step 4: Sort the data according to "Net assets high to low" Step 5: Choose "list view" Step 6: you will see wrong info for AUM for all companies. Interestingly, if i stay with...
  7. Microsoft Money Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Money Issue: I have a 2009 iMac with VMWare Fusion installed so that I can use Microsoft Money Plus. It's the only program I used on this machine and I've used it for more than 15 years. I've tired other software but this suits my needs. Today when I try to open Money Plus it tells me...
  8. Microsoft Money Issue

Microsoft Money Issue: I have a 2009 iMac with VMWare Fusion installed so that I can use Microsoft Money Plus. It's the only program I used on this machine and I've used it for more than 15 years. I've tired other software but this suits my needs. Today when I try to open Money Plus it tells me...
  9. safe website for old money plus sunset installation files

safe website for old money plus sunset installation files: I have money plus sunset on my old computer and have just bought a new computer & would like to install on that one. I know Microsoft no longer supports the application but is there a safe site that I can download the money sunset installation files from? or a safe forum that...
  10. Does anyone know a good alternative to MS Money Plus for WIn10?

Does anyone know a good alternative to MS Money Plus for WIn10?: I just upgraded from WIn7 to Win10. The upgrade went very well. However, there is one issue I am concerned about. Microsoft Money Plus Sunset edition is no longer working :-( Others have posted fixes to include a registry hack. I really don't want to go that route. But I do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Money99 upgrade to MoneyPlusSunset