Windows 10: MS Money and IE compatibility problem

Discus and support MS Money and IE compatibility problem in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have used MS Money for years and, although I realise it's now discontinued, it meets my needs and has worked well up until the upgrade from Win 7 to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by norman, Aug 1, 2015.

1. norman Win User

MS Money and IE compatibility problem

I have used MS Money for years and, although I realise it's now discontinued, it meets my needs and has worked well up until the upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10.

It now fails to start and states it requires IE 6 to work, although I'm sure that's an old error message. It has always worked fine with IE 10 but not now with IE 11. Any suggestions? Is it possible to "downgrade" IE 11 back to 10?

MS Money and IE compatibility problem [​IMG]

Cheers,

:)

norman, Aug 1, 2015

2. MS Money Plus will not work in Windows 10 claims it needs IE 6

MS Money Plus will not work in Windows 10. It claims it needs IE 6. Compatibility was no help. What to do?

RalphShafer, Aug 1, 2015
  3. neilpzz Win User
    Microsoft Money

There have been other posts on MS Money and I use it myself. The main problem was it expected IE 6 and when it didn't find it would shutdown. It doesn't sound like you have that problem. What version of Money are you using. (might help other suggest a fix)
    My only suggestion is running it in compatibility mode.

Right click the shortcut you use to start Money and select Properties. Select the Compatibility tab and try select your previous OS in the compatibility setting. You can also try Run as Administrator.

neilpzz, Aug 1, 2015
  4. norman Win User

Found this on Microsoft support site

After much searching I have found this works for me

MS Money (MoneyDlxSunset) has worked with following registry change.
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer]
    "Version"="9.11.10240.0" (originaly: 9.11.10240.16384)
    I'm not sure about side effect by this change. registry change is at own risk.

It didn't work the 1st time but tried it again later and all's now OK.

norman, Aug 1, 2015
  5. norman Win User
    Spoke too soon. The program starts but crashed when trying to import a .qif file from my bank. When I restart it crashes again immediately because the import process has'nt completed.

norman, Aug 2, 2015
  6. I have spent about a week trying all that was researched on the issue.

First, updating the registry does fix one part of the problem. You must change the following that will work
    "Version"="9.11.10240.0" (originaly: 9.11.10240.16384)

or

"Version"="9.11.10240.1638" (originaly: 9.11.10240.16384)

Secondly, you MUST replace the MS Money .dll with the update patch that works perfectly in Windows 10.

See link and download the patch but delete the old MNY0B99.dll first

mnyob99.dll patch | Ameridans Microsoft Money Offline Weblog

Download the patch "here" and copy to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Money Plus\MNYCoreFiles\MNYOB99.DLL

After completing this, there was no experienced Windows 10 crashes. After importing bank statement, all worked as usual.

Hope this help those many that love MS Money! Now back in business!

JBAlienware10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. MS Money and IE compatibility problem - Similar Threads - Money compatibility problem

2. MS Money

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Money: Ive been using very successfully MS Money in the UK for 20 years latterly say 10 years using USMoneyBizSunset version.I have two 'files' - a personal and business both of which until yesterday worked very well.However when I try to open the personal file I get the following...
  3. MS Money

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Money: Ive been using very successfully MS Money in the UK for 20 years latterly say 10 years using USMoneyBizSunset version.I have two 'files' - a personal and business both of which until yesterday worked very well.However when I try to open the personal file I get the following...
  4. MS Money Sunset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Money Sunset: Dear, For some time now, MS Money Sunset takes 15 minutes to start working. The operation is very slow, taking up to 5 minutes to input a Banking or Credit Card entry. I already deleted all past releases and my file is only with data from 2022. What to do?...
  5. Problem with MS Money 2005

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with MS Money 2005: I have a client who wasusing MS Money 2005. Her PC went south so I backed up all her data andreinstalled Windows 10 Pro. She had just done a backup of MS Money beforeI got the machine and I did one as well. That is I specifically copiedthe file. She did a backup, I copied...
  6. Ms Money

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ms Money: I had to reinstall Ms Money under Windows 10. Now Money won't open the back-up file. It Comes up with the following message: "Money cannot locate the Backup file or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file, or you do have the permission tp change it, or your...
  7. Is MS Money no longer compatible with the newer Win 10?

Is MS Money no longer compatible with the newer Win 10?: When I had my Microsoft Office 2003 app on an earlier computer running XP there was a program called Money that I could use for personal finances, now I have the Office 2003 on this Windows 10 Pro machine, but no money app, why? Is it not compatible with the newer Win 10?...
  8. Windows 10 Compatibility with MS Money2003 and IE

Windows 10 Compatibility with MS Money2003 and IE: Hello Group: I just installed Windows 10 upgrade to Windows 8.1, and now find that I am unable to run MS Money 2003. I need MS Money 2003, because I have financial records going back to 1996! I am shown an error dialogue that says something along the lines: MS Money...
  9. WIN 10 Compatibility with MS Money 2003

WIN 10 Compatibility with MS Money 2003: Hi Folks: I am presently running WIN8.1x64 on a DELL desktop XPS8700, and am considering changing to the current version of WIN10. Last week, an overnight, auto upgrade/download to WIN10 was done on my machine; however, I did not agree to Legalize and reverted back to...
  10. MS Money fails after WINDOWS 10 Install - requires IE 6

MS Money fails after WINDOWS 10 Install - requires IE 6: After installing Windows 10 and then running MS Money I get a message that MS Money now requires Internet Explorer 6. My install of MS Money worked perfectly fine on Windows 8.1 - I really do not want to go back to 8.1. Is there a fix for this - I see from other threads...