Windows 10: MS Money fails after WINDOWS 10 Install - requires IE 6

Discus and support MS Money fails after WINDOWS 10 Install - requires IE 6 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After installing Windows 10 and then running MS Money I get a message that MS Money now requires Internet Explorer 6. My install of MS Money worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by StuartH, Aug 5, 2015.

1. StuartH Win User

MS Money fails after WINDOWS 10 Install - requires IE 6

After installing Windows 10 and then running MS Money I get a message that MS Money now requires Internet Explorer 6.
    My install of MS Money worked perfectly fine on Windows 8.1 - I really do not want to go back to 8.1.
    Is there a fix for this - I see from other threads that this has been raised however no workable solution has been offered. Any suggestions please?
    Thank You, Stuart H

As a side issue - I just found this on a different site which had positive replies. I'll be trying this later today. (Note this is NOT my suggestion and therefore untested by me
    Follow the steps.

Open Registry Editor (RegEdit).
    Navigate to the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
    In the right pane, look for Version registry value.
    Modify the value date to 9.11.10240.0.

:)

StuartH, Aug 5, 2015

2. Ms Money Plus

I cannot run MS Money Plus after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1. When I try to run MS Money Plus, an error message appears saying that it requires IE to function properly and asks to install IE to add those required components. However, no IE
    can be installed in Windows 10. Please help me how to solve this problem.

WingLi_793, Aug 5, 2015
  3. BobnearMS Win User
    MS Money

I'm using MS Money Sunset. It's on my main computer which I did not test 10 on. Just upgraded to 10 and when I go to launch Money I get error message Requires IE 6 to run. Fails to start. Ran fine through 8.1. Any ideas other than using an old computer?

BobnearMS, Aug 5, 2015
  4. robin0800 Win User

Here is the Fix https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/...&prof=required

robin0800, Aug 5, 2015
  5. Berton Win User
    Confirmed, installed Money Sunset and make the Registry change, all good.

Berton, Aug 6, 2015
  6. Joergi Win User
    Would be interesting to know, which programmes rely on that registry value being actually correct so that they break, if it is changed to something else...

Joergi, Aug 6, 2015
  7. Trapper Win User
    Same problem, Money would not open as IE 6 components missing. Tried the regedit change and found Money seemed ready to go. I used 'Open' to navigate to my Money file and tried to open with my usual Money password, this failed *Mad. I thought it might be the keyboard but it is typing the right letters!

Bit of a loss now, if I cannot get Money to run then years of records will be wasted and I will be back with W7.

Trapper, Aug 6, 2015
  8. Trapper Win User

Money is my C drive (Now a W10 PC) my wife's Acer laptop (W8.1) is on our home network and can access the Money file fine on my PC using our normal password.
    BUT, on my PC when I try to open the Money file using the same password I am advised its the wrong password or a quick notification flash then nothing or I get a message that says the file is corrupted. If my wife's laptop can access the file it is not corrupted and the password is correct. That can only mean the faults are within W10, not Money or the saved file.
    And to have to do a registry hack to make it even open is downright ridiculous *Mad

Trapper, Aug 6, 2015
  9. Trapper Win User
    The fault stemmed from date and time conflicts, although W10 is supposed to transfer all settings from your W7 installation it does not update time and date settings.
    Being in the UK I had the 24hour clock 09.00 and 21.00 and 13/01/2015 in W10 these were 9.00am and 9.00pm and dates were 01/13/2015. Once I had corrected these I could then open my Money file *Smile

Trapper, Aug 8, 2015
  10. I understand that this does not support UK currency, just US and Japanese. Have you worked around that?

Tone Dialling, Aug 8, 2015
  11. andru Win User
    andru, Aug 8, 2015
  12. andru Win User
    Just installed it from the above link and all ok after the registry change plus all currency is in £

andru, Aug 8, 2015
  13. Trapper Win User

Well it may be free but would seem to be a cut down version:

I am not sure if this is the same as 'Bill's' in Money 2005 which keeps tracks of regular income and regular expenditure or transfers, mortgage payments, wages or pension income etc. I have about 30 of these 'Bill Payments' scheduled at various times and to lose this function would be a real problem.

For anyone with a similar problem please see the thread as listed below **
    Post #3
    ** Please see the thread here.https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a0c7a95e-6a83-4c2c-ae6c-325634a38eab/password-no-longer-works-in-money-2005-uk-under-w10?forum=money&prof=required

Trapper, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. MS Money fails after WINDOWS 10 Install - requires IE 6 - Similar Threads - Money fails Install

2. MS Money 2000 starts to open and fails...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Money 2000 starts to open and fails...: I have MS Money Deluxe and have used it for 20+ years. Today, I started my computer and I get this notification and then MS Money shuts down. I've restored my computer to a couple days ago in case it was an update conflict and it still does not help. I also changed the...
  3. MS Money 2000 starts to open and fails...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Money 2000 starts to open and fails...: I have MS Money Deluxe and have used it for 20+ years. Today, I started my computer and I get this notification and then MS Money shuts down. I've restored my computer to a couple days ago in case it was an update conflict and it still does not help. I also changed the...
  4. MS Money

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Money: Ive been using very successfully MS Money in the UK for 20 years latterly say 10 years using USMoneyBizSunset version.I have two 'files' - a personal and business both of which until yesterday worked very well.However when I try to open the personal file I get the following...
  5. MS Money

MS Money: Ive been using very successfully MS Money in the UK for 20 years latterly say 10 years using USMoneyBizSunset version.I have two 'files' - a personal and business both of which until yesterday worked very well.However when I try to open the personal file I get the following...
  6. MS Money on Windows 10

MS Money on Windows 10: I have used Money for years and all working fine on 64 bit Windows 10 until today. The program will execute from 2 of my 3 files but not my largest most critical file which is 27.2 Mb. I read the regedit suggestion and tried a similar one I found online but it didn't help....
  7. Ms Money

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ms Money: I had to reinstall Ms Money under Windows 10. Now Money won't open the back-up file. It Comes up with the following message: "Money cannot locate the Backup file or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file, or you do have the permission tp change it, or your...
  8. MS Money for windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS Money for windows 10: I have purchased a new Surface . I have Money98 on my old PC. How do I download the new ms Money for Windows 10 to see how it works. Can I move the old files to the new program...
  9. MS Money and IE compatibility problem

in Browsers and Email
    MS Money and IE compatibility problem: I have used MS Money for years and, although I realise it's now discontinued, it meets my needs and has worked well up until the upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10. It now fails to start and states it requires IE 6 to work, although I'm sure that's an old error message. It has...
  10. Windows 10 Compatibility with MS Money2003 and IE

Windows 10 Compatibility with MS Money2003 and IE: Hello Group: I just installed Windows 10 upgrade to Windows 8.1, and now find that I am unable to run MS Money 2003. I need MS Money 2003, because I have financial records going back to 1996! I am shown an error dialogue that says something along the lines: MS Money...