Windows 10: MS money - transferring files

Discus and support MS money - transferring files in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I had to have my hard drive replaced in my laptop. I have all the files from the old including the MS money files and their backups. I have reloaded MS... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by carvoir, Apr 19, 2020.

1. carvoir Win User

MS money - transferring files

I had to have my hard drive replaced in my laptop. I have all the files from the old including the MS money files and their backups. I have reloaded MS money financial suite back onto my lap top using the same CD I had used previously. I am getting this error message when I try to open the files.

Money can not locate C: etc etc or can not open it, possibly because it is a read only file, or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write-protected. I have checked the permissions of the files and they all seem in order. Can any one help? I think the version of MS money is pretty old, but it the same one I was using before?

Thanks.

:)

carvoir, Apr 19, 2020
  2. LL-1023 Win User

MS Money in Windows 10

I've been using MS Money 2005 and just bought a new computer with windows 10. I want to load MS Money Sunset, but it tells me that I need internet explorer 7. Do you suggest that I follow the steps you've outlined prior to installing MS money in order
    for it to download? Ore their other steps I need to do?

LL-1023, Apr 19, 2020
  3. Steve C Win User
    MS Money 2005 Update

There appears to be something odd with your installation. Other ideas:
    1. Uninstall the offending Windows update, check Money operation then reinstall the update with Money closed
    2. Recover from the last working backup - I use Macrium Reflect. Else try System Restore to an earlier date when Money was working
    3. Do an in place repair install

Also peruse this forum and maybe post a question there https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/...me?forum=money

PS are you opening Money by clicking on a link to your money file or to msmoney.exe? If the former fails and msmoney.exe runs then you might have a corrupt money data file.

Steve C, Apr 19, 2020
  4. MS money - transferring files

MS Money

I have been using MS Money Deluxe 2004 for years. I updated to the "Sunset" edition when MS elected not to continue with Money. I used the "Sunset" until December 2017 with no issues until the hard drive "died". I had the drive replaced but the vendor
    was not able to transfer the program from the old drive to the new. I have tried to re-install 2004 but the program doesn't like Windows 10. I tried downloading from MS's website the "sunset" program but it does not like something. Any suggestions???

Randall Fruzza, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

MS money - transferring files

1. MS money - transferring files - Similar Threads - money transferring files

2. MS Money

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Money: Ive been using very successfully MS Money in the UK for 20 years latterly say 10 years using USMoneyBizSunset version.I have two 'files' - a personal and business both of which until yesterday worked very well.However when I try to open the personal file I get the following...
  3. MS Money

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Money: Ive been using very successfully MS Money in the UK for 20 years latterly say 10 years using USMoneyBizSunset version.I have two 'files' - a personal and business both of which until yesterday worked very well.However when I try to open the personal file I get the following...
  4. MS Money Plus

MS Money Plus: I have an old MS Money Plus and the saved password got erased. Since it's not supported online anymore, how can I either find the old password or get it reset? I tried resetting online but the app isn't live online anymore....
  5. Transferring Money Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Money Accounts: I have been using Microsoft Money for about 16 years now, on which I keep all my family's accounts and finances. I am aware that it was discontinued in 2009, but I was wondering if there is a way I could transfer the programme and all my data to a new Windows 11 PC? As I am...
  6. Transferring Money Accounts

Transferring Money Accounts: I have been using Microsoft Money for about 16 years now, on which I keep all my family's accounts and finances. I am aware that it was discontinued in 2009, but I was wondering if there is a way I could transfer the programme and all my data to a new Windows 11 PC? As I am...
  7. MS Money Sunset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Money Sunset: Dear, For some time now, MS Money Sunset takes 15 minutes to start working. The operation is very slow, taking up to 5 minutes to input a Banking or Credit Card entry. I already deleted all past releases and my file is only with data from 2022. What to do?...
  8. MS Money files not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Money files not working: MS Money files .mny will not work after installing the latest Insider Build on Windows 11. For some reason this type of file is no longer recognised by Windows. How do I get these files working again please?...
  9. MS Money files not working

MS Money files not working: MS Money files .mny will not work after installing the latest Insider Build on Windows 11. For some reason this type of file is no longer recognised by Windows. How do I get these files working again please?...
  10. Ms Money

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ms Money: I had to reinstall Ms Money under Windows 10. Now Money won't open the back-up file. It Comes up with the following message: "Money cannot locate the Backup file or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file, or you do have the permission tp change it, or your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. NewColorOfMoney.exe