Windows 10: Ms must be getting desperate Free Office/365 trials

Discus and support Ms must be getting desperate Free Office/365 trials in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi folks Have had a flood of messages from Ms (email etc) begging me to take a "Free Month's trial of Office/365". I'm happy with the "heavily... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by jimbo45, Aug 10, 2020.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Ms must be getting desperate Free Office/365 trials

Hi folks

Have had a flood of messages from Ms (email etc) begging me to take a "Free Month's trial of Office/365".

I'm happy with the "heavily discounted" version of Office 2019 I have -- seems that their subscription model isn't generating them as much cash as they hoped --I don't like these endless subscription things anyway for all sorts of reasons.

There's a few decent Office clones out there currently -- and if you want a reasonable email client that has IMAP and can access many accounts then - although a pig to set up on a home computer -- is Roundecube which gives a decent professional looking layout akin to outlook -- it runs from a web browser - but without all the rubbish / ads etc with normal types of "web mail things" -- you can use your own ISP email IMAP / SMTP settings too.

I've got it working on Linux - and Kingsoft Office for EXCEL, POWERPOINT, and WORD is very compatible with ms Office products and also works on Linux and Windows too.

It's a real pity but there really aren't many (if any) decent flexible email clients out there currently -- thunderbird was OK but now it's a real pain to get passed the automatic settings so hopeless to configure if you have different imap and smtp passwords, different non standard email servers etc.

Roundcube - is an absolute dog to set up as essentially you are creating your own Email server plus client on your pc so you need to install WAMP / LAMP etc - but if you have the time it's well worth the effort and great learning tool.
    I suggest you play around on a VM first - since you might want to make several attempts before you get it right !!!.

Good also if you have kids etc in the house as you can route all their emails through your server rather than let them have their own account from your ISP-- so you can get some method of control -- of course if they have their own 4g/5g phones then that's another matter but they still won't have access to your ISP's email !!.

Even if they send email via gmail the send is still connecting to gmail via your server --rather like an exchange server in a corporate environment - but nothing so complex.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 10, 2020

2. office 365 vs office 2013

my Microsoft surface came with 1 month trial of ms office 365 , now it's expired.now I wanna know if I she subscribe to office 365 or uninstall it & install office 2013. what's the difference between both?

freebird_9924, Aug 10, 2020
  3. RCoon Win User
    office 365 vs office 2013

They are the same, 365 has less money making schemes, but dumps everything on the cloud.
    365 is online, 2013 is 100% offline.
    Also 365 will cost more in the longrun, especially if you dont upgrade for 3 years.

RCoon, Aug 10, 2020
  4. meebers Win User

Office 365 trial, incomplete uninstall

Tried Office 365 on a trial basis. Cancelled the option to continue after 30 days. Uninstalled Office 365 and it seemed normal and when finished asked me to restart so that MS could "tidy" up a bit. Did that, but all the programs, word, excel etc remain on the start menu and the Apps menu. Selected them to uninstall, it directs me to control panel, programs and features, any office app is no longer listed.*Confused

meebers, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Ms must be getting desperate Free Office/365 trials - Similar Threads - must getting desperate

2. Microsoft 365 Free Trial

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft 365 Free Trial: I signed up for a free trial in Microsoft 365 but I think I was charged even before the trial ended. I'd like to cancel my subscription and I need a refund. Please help me....
  3. Microsoft 365 Free Trial

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft 365 Free Trial: I signed up for a free trial in Microsoft 365 but I think I was charged even before the trial ended. I'd like to cancel my subscription and I need a refund. Please help me....
  4. Office 365/Microsoft 365 Trial Subscriptions that are not complete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 365/Microsoft 365 Trial Subscriptions that are not complete: Office 365 / Microsoft 365 Services SaaSRecently we tried the Advanced Communication License with Office 365 that works with our VoIP we use with Teams.We were trying to test the features and found that we could not find them anywhere. We contacted support and they too could...
  5. Office 365/Microsoft 365 Trial Subscriptions that are not complete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 365/Microsoft 365 Trial Subscriptions that are not complete: Office 365 / Microsoft 365 Services SaaSRecently we tried the Advanced Communication License with Office 365 that works with our VoIP we use with Teams.We were trying to test the features and found that we could not find them anywhere. We contacted support and they too could...
  6. Office 365/Microsoft 365 Trial Subscriptions that are not complete

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Microsoft Office 365 trial

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Office 365 trial: A short time ago I signed up for a free trial of Microsoft office 365. I canceled it before the trial was up. I just recently went into my files to get some financial information. Unbeknownst to me, my pdf/hard copies of my files have been changed to outlook/xhtml files...
  8. office 2013 stopped working, after trying office 365 free trial

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    office 2013 stopped working, after trying office 365 free trial: office 2013 stopped working after install free trial office 365 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2013-stopped-working-after-trying-office/3433be7f-c7b2-4ddf-adcd-7a47d06a6365
  9. Microsoft 365 free trial?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft 365 free trial?: How do I activate the Microsoft 365 free trial? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-365-free-trial/50919ebd-954c-4c09-aebb-3fb5498d69a4"
  10. Office 365 trial, incomplete uninstall

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 trial, incomplete uninstall: Tried Office 365 on a trial basis. Cancelled the option to continue after 30 days. Uninstalled Office 365 and it seemed normal and when finished asked me to restart so that MS could "tidy" up a bit. Did that, but all the programs, word, excel etc remain on the start menu and...