Windows 10: MS News brings up a blank page

Discus and support MS News brings up a blank page in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If someone can work this one out, that would be great. The News live tile works, but clicking on the tile to bring up the full story to read only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nada_2009, Jul 30, 2019.

1. nada_2009 Win User

MS News brings up a blank page

If someone can work this one out, that would be great.

The News live tile works, but clicking on the tile to bring up the full story to read only brings up the frame and buttons.

The home page doesn't show the header with My News, My Sources, Top Stories, Australia News

The video button works and brings up a selection so I can watch videos alright.

I have tried uninstalling, resetting in Apps panel, wsreset, resetting host file, flushing dns, changing dns, and using the Apps-Cleaner, but none of those work.

:)

nada_2009, Jul 30, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

"Edge BUG" A blank page setting when opening a new tab in Edge is reset when clearing browsing data

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• Click on Three Dots (…) at the top right corner.

• Under Open new tab with select a blank page.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arun B J, Jul 30, 2019
  3. desktop icons turn into blank pages

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing
    this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    Method 2: I suggest you to check the issue with new user account, so create new user account and check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 30, 2019
  4. MS News brings up a blank page

"Edge BUG" A blank page setting when opening a new tab in Edge is reset when clearing browsing data

He,

Whenever I open a new tab in Edge I want it to display a blank page.

When I set this in the settings menu it is automatically reset when using the "clear browsing data" menu and it is reverted back to "Top sites and suggested content".

This is clearly a bug as this is not listed in the "choose what to clear" menu.

greets, Pim

Pim Scheffers, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

MS News brings up a blank page

1. MS News brings up a blank page - Similar Threads - News brings blank

2. Microsoft News app suddenly began opening articles to a blank white page.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft News app suddenly began opening articles to a blank white page.: on Windows 10, I'm still using older Microsoft News app.not the updated Microsoft Start. which I didn't like.Suddenly it's not working right.News app still appears in Start Menu just as always.it launches just as always.the main page is filled with tiles of news snippets just...
  3. Microsoft News app suddenly began opening articles to a blank white page.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft News app suddenly began opening articles to a blank white page.: on Windows 10, I'm still using older Microsoft News app.not the updated Microsoft Start. which I didn't like.Suddenly it's not working right.News app still appears in Start Menu just as always.it launches just as always.the main page is filled with tiles of news snippets just...
  4. MS Account>Family: Manage Permissions page is blank.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    MS Account>Family: Manage Permissions page is blank.: MS Account>Family: Manage Permissions page is blank. I need to edit the age my family member who is listed as minor. Details; when he loggs into his MS Account, the DOB is very wrong and is not editable. I used my adult account, added him as a family member but there is no...
  5. MS Account>Family: Manage Permissions page is blank.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Account>Family: Manage Permissions page is blank.: MS Account>Family: Manage Permissions page is blank. I need to edit the age my family member who is listed as minor. Details; when he loggs into his MS Account, the DOB is very wrong and is not editable. I used my adult account, added him as a family member but there is no...
  6. MS Account>Family: Manage Permissions page is blank.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft Edge Keeps bringing up a blank page whenever I open OneDrive/SharePoint Links

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Edge Keeps bringing up a blank page whenever I open OneDrive/SharePoint Links: Dear TEAM,I would like to raise an issue regarding MS. Edge. I keep getting this blank page that looks like a bicycle wheel rotating after opening links to a shared folder on SharePoint from MS Outlook. The first time this happened, I removed and re-installed MS Edge...
  8. Blank Pages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank Pages: Hp officejet 8030e Laptop - Asus Vivobook OS - Windows 10 Relaced the ink tank in my printer, but I am still unable to print. There is a printing tone, and paper is inserted, but nothing is printed. I'm completely oblivious to what's going on. I've also done a full reset...
  9. Blank pages on microsoft.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Blank pages on microsoft.: (please read this before you read the question info!) I need microsoft support because i keep on getting pages on microsoft that show nothing, totally blank and i try to reload the pages on firefox and it leads to a message it says to display this page, firefox must send...
  10. windows 10 news page & search page ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 news page & search page ?: Is light & dark the only theme you have to choose from ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-news-page-search-page/1a4eb670-9658-49a0-8ad7-0a2ae5e758dc