Windows 10: MS Office Activation tied to what?

Discus and support MS Office Activation tied to what? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I joined this forum because of a specific problem caused by death of my hard drive. The drive wouldn't boot, but I could still read the contents. My... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by mikejbird, Dec 22, 2020.

1. mikejbird Win User

MS Office Activation tied to what?

I joined this forum because of a specific problem caused by death of my hard drive. The drive wouldn't boot, but I could still read the contents. My system is a Lenovo 9960APU with Win 10 Pro 64. I got a new drive and started to rebuild from scratch. Everything was going great until I tried to reinstall my MS Office 2019 Pro Plus. I was able to install it fine, but when I tried to use it it said it needed activation. It was activated on my messed up drive about 6 months ago. I contacted Microsoft support and spent about an hour with them. In the end they said I'd have to get a new key. Boy was I pissed off.
    So I did. I bought a new key and was able to reinstall my MS Office 2019 Pro Plus, activate it and have been using it for a week.
    Today I took an image copy backup of my c:\ drive. I put in a new hard drive and recovered using the image copy. Everything worked smoothly. On reboot I went to my Outlook and low and behold, it said It had to be activated. I took the new drive out and replaced with the one I had just rebuilt, and on reboot my outlook was activated. If it was activated on my drive a week ago, why is it now not activated after doing an image copy/recover on a new drive? this was all done on my 9960APU. Any thoughts?

:)

mikejbird, Dec 22, 2020
  2. HiSpeed Win User

MS Office 2007 no more activated...

Hi Guys,

I have 5 workstations.
    One of them was running properly an official MS Office 2007 under Win XP Sp3.
    Recently I replaced the MB.
    Office is no more activated and it is imposible to activate it by Internet or by phone.

Curiously, the Microsoft customer support told me it's not possible because XP is no more supported.

Are you aware of that?

HiSpeed, Dec 22, 2020
  3. HiSpeed Win User

I contacted a support manager and the situation is:

1. With all my hardware modifications, I reached the limit number of activation (8).
    2. Microsoft is no more capable to force a new activation.
    3. They suggested me to uninstall and reinstall Office in order to redo an activation.

This last point is not good for me because of the time required, specially with the online updates.
    May be, I have only to delete the product key into the registry but Microsoft is not able to confirm.
    Do you have an idea before I try to crack it?

HiSpeed, Dec 22, 2020
  4. NdMk2o1o Win User

Download an iso with all updates and use your serial.

NdMk2o1o, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

1. MS Office Activation tied to what? - Similar Threads - Office Activation tied

2. MS Office

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Office: How to upgrade Microsoft word/officde from 2019 to 2021?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-office/6c6cf6e5-cd1c-4f47-9c5d-c257520afff1
  3. No MS app MS Office/365 will activate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No MS app MS Office/365 will activate.: Opening my Windows 10 desktop on February 11, 2023, I was surprisingly unable to activate any Microsoft 365 Office app. Each of three Word, Excel, and Powerpoint had functioned without interruption for years. I de-installed Office Microsoft 365 and reinstalled using SARA....
  4. No MS app MS Office/365 will activate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No MS app MS Office/365 will activate.: Opening my Windows 10 desktop on February 11, 2023, I was surprisingly unable to activate any Microsoft 365 Office app. Each of three Word, Excel, and Powerpoint had functioned without interruption for years. I de-installed Office Microsoft 365 and reinstalled using SARA....
  5. No MS app MS Office/365 will activate.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. MS Office Product activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MS Office Product activation: Just purchased MS Office but when I try to type in the prod activation code it wont accept the last letter which is a "Z". it will accept any other letter but not a "Z"! so I cant activate. Any ideas or advice on a refund...
  7. MS Office 365 and MS Office online.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS Office 365 and MS Office online.: Are there any advantages to using MS Office online, if you have a 365 account. Besides the 1TB of space. Gort 142047
  8. MS office activation

MS office activation: Hi I have installed MS office 2010 and have a valid license key but after every update I get the popup asking to activate Office. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-office-activation/aedbb1be-5027-4e0e-9448-7aa54d343ceb"
  9. MS Office

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS Office: I an thinking about buying a Microsoft office home and student or a Office professional. What is the difference between the home and student and the professional? Thanks, Frank 129227
  10. Activation of MS office

Activation of MS office: Hello Everyone, I have bought one laptop but there was some technical issues. So, I had to change my laptop OS. And, I have been changed my laptop OS by laptop company's service center but there was notMS office. So, I downloaded MS office but it was not license...