Windows 10: MS Office Apps no longer work

Discus and support MS Office Apps no longer work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I did a PC clean-up of the registry and apps that I thought were cluttering up my PC. Now none of my MS Office Professional 2016 programs work. A... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ducky406, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Ducky406 Win User

MS Office Apps no longer work

I did a PC clean-up of the registry and apps that I thought were cluttering up my PC. Now none of my MS Office Professional 2016 programs work. A window pops up saying "The operating system is not presently configured to run this application" for Word, Visio, Excel, Publisher, Power Point and Outlook. One of the error codes that comes up is "0xc000021F" I figured a restore would put me back, but it says my restore point is over 10 days old and will not work. Skype, X-Box, Grove, Wallet and Edge were some of the Apps deleted. How do I get back to what was installed before the cleaning earlier today. Do I need a fresh install of Windows 10 or reinstall Office?

:)

Ducky406, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Voyager Win User

MS Office Apps not working after Windows 10 upgrade

After upgrading to Windows 10, MS Office Apps (e.g. Excel, Word, etc) crash.

The error message refers to excel.exe, which seems to be missing completely on my local setup.

I tried copying the excel.bak.exe file and renaming it, but get the same error. Suggestions?

Voyager, Nov 27, 2019
  3. elbeasto Win User
    Store Live Tile no longer works

Sorry I didn't finish editing that post.

it's up there now post #6.

elbeasto, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

1. MS Office Apps no longer work - Similar Threads - Office Apps longer

2. No MS app MS Office/365 will activate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No MS app MS Office/365 will activate.: Opening my Windows 10 desktop on February 11, 2023, I was surprisingly unable to activate any Microsoft 365 Office app. Each of three Word, Excel, and Powerpoint had functioned without interruption for years. I de-installed Office Microsoft 365 and reinstalled using SARA....
  3. No MS app MS Office/365 will activate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No MS app MS Office/365 will activate.: Opening my Windows 10 desktop on February 11, 2023, I was surprisingly unable to activate any Microsoft 365 Office app. Each of three Word, Excel, and Powerpoint had functioned without interruption for years. I de-installed Office Microsoft 365 and reinstalled using SARA....
  4. No MS app MS Office/365 will activate.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. MS Office 2007 will no longer conveniently open the app or an MS Office document in Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Office 2007 will no longer conveniently open the app or an MS Office document in Windows...: MS Office 2007 will no longer conveniently open the app or an MS Office document in Windows 10 Pro from the taskbar or the desktop.Does anyone know why?The apps will not open from the taskbar ever or the list of apps.For example: I can only open an existing MS Office document...
  6. MS Office 2007 will no longer conveniently open the app or an MS Office document in Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Office 2007 will no longer conveniently open the app or an MS Office document in Windows...: MS Office 2007 will no longer conveniently open the app or an MS Office document in Windows 10 Pro from the taskbar or the desktop.Does anyone know why?The apps will not open from the taskbar ever or the list of apps.For example: I can only open an existing MS Office document...
  7. Office no longer launches the Desktopp app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Office no longer launches the Desktopp app: I'm not exactly sure why, but recently I've run into an issue with Microsoft Office where it isn't launching the desktop app from the Office app. I instead have to manually launch Word myself. This isn't necessarily a horrible problem, it's just a little bit inconvenient for...
  8. Office no longer working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office no longer working: Hi i have just done a update on my laptop of windows 10 and now I don't have any office at all, please advise. I have tried searching for it in files and nothing, how can this be,...
  9. MS office not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS office not working: I got message on line to update windows and accordingly I updated the windows yesterday. Unfortunately my MS office is not working today. Kindly help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-office-not-working/6d99b0d4-1e3a-487e-b2c2-f49ed22974af
  10. Microsoft Office no longer working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Office no longer working: At 10:50 PM tonight (PST) in the middle of working my computer suddenly went to a blue screen and "restarted". When it came back on my Office programs (Word, Excel) no longer will open any of my documents and I get the following message: "The operating system is not presently...