Windows 10: MS office Excel 2016

Discus and support MS office Excel 2016 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I apply a new Theme Font to existing workbooks created with another Theme so that all fonts are changed to the new Theme?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JosephSavage1, Apr 28, 2019.

1. MS office Excel 2016

How do I apply a new Theme Font to existing workbooks created with another Theme so that all fonts are changed to the new Theme?

:)

JosephSavage1, Apr 28, 2019
  2. jcm000 Win User

Problem Associating Spreadsheet Files with MS Excel 2010 After Launching an MS Excel 2016 Trial ...

I use MS Excel 2010, and after launching what was a pre-installed version of MS Excel 2016 one time, my spreadsheet files are now associated with the soon to exprire (it expires today) trial of MS Excel 2016. I am unable to restore the association with
    MS Excel 2010 via the Control Panel's 'Default Programs' option.

How can I reset the file association so that my spreadsheet and csv files are associated with MS Excel 2010, and
    not MS Excel 2016?

Under ... Set Your Default Programs >>> Excel 2016 >>> Choose Defaults for This Program >>> Set Associations for This Program ... the options to deselect cannot be changed. I believe the responsible animal is at the bottom of the file-type list, under
    'Protocols'; its check box is marked, and it is identified as 'MS-EXCEL Url:Excel Protocol Microsoft Office 2010.'

I'd guess that declaration specifies that my spreadsheet and csv file associations are set to MS EXCEL 2016, and not MS EXCEL 2010. However, as with the other options, it cannot be unchecked.

I believe this requires a registry edit similar to this Fixing an Excel File Type Association After Upgrading ... but
    one that is specific to my situation.

Please advise.

Many Thanks!

jcm000, Apr 28, 2019
  3. MS excel 2016 issue

I have windows 10 with MS Office 2016 on i5 and 8 GB RAM machine but when i try to open a 14 MB excel file it show not responding and after some time stop working. please help

dinesh_dhariwal, Apr 28, 2019
  4. bwedel Win User

MS office Excel 2016

Cannot open MS Query from Excel 2016

I recently had my work laptop installed with Windows 10 Enterprise 64Bit and office 2016 32Bit.

Now when I want to open MS Query from Excel by selecting "Data -> From Other Sources -> From Microsoft Query", the MS Query application launches minimized and Excel hangs for about 10-20 seconds before displaying an alert with:

Usually MS Query displays a dialog to select an ODBC data source but this dialog never comes.

I've seen other computers running with the same Windows/Office image where MS Query is launching with the "Select data source" dialog as it should.

I've tried to running Office repair, remove/add the Query component from the office installation, remove any ODBC drivers that didn't ship with Windows/Office, and updated Excel with all available updates. But still no luck.

Anyone who can point me in the right direction to solve this error?

bwedel, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

MS office Excel 2016

1. MS office Excel 2016 - Similar Threads - office Excel 2016

2. Uninstalling MS Office 2016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalling MS Office 2016: While doing a manual uninstall of MS Office 2016, one of the steps talks about a folder "MSOCache" being in the root folder of my hard drive. I did not see such a folder on my hard drive. Should the folder be there if OFFICE were still installed/buried somewhere in the...
  3. MS Office 365 eXCEL

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Office 365 eXCEL: Two problems: One- In Excel, keep getting "we're sorry but excel has run into an error that is preventing it from working........" This error is extremely irritating as I have to reenter data everytime MS decides to "prevent it from working" and when you deal with the...
  4. MS Office 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS Office 2016: Where can I download Office Pro Plus 2016. I Have it and have Key for it but takes a long time to download. want to have Disk Image of it. 140675
  5. MS Excel 2016 does not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Excel 2016 does not open: Hi Microsoft Team! I would like to inquire what seems to be the problem whenever I launch Excel 2016. It does not push through and the dialogue box says: C:/USERS/EMR/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Internet%20Explorer/Quick%20Launch/User%20Pinned/Task%20Bar/Excel%202016.Ink...
  6. MS excel 2016 issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS excel 2016 issue: I have windows 10 with MS Office 2016 on i5 and 8 GB RAM machine but when i try to open a 14 MB excel file it show not responding and after some time stop working. please help...
  7. Trying to Download Excel Template for Office 2016

Trying to Download Excel Template for Office 2016: Hello all, I cannot download a template for Excel using Office 2016. When online I keep getting directed to Office 365. Only six templates appear on my Excel new page and the cursor will not go into the search bar on that page to get online. Do you know where I can find the...
  8. EXCELLENT Free Office suite (compatible With Office 2016/2019)

EXCELLENT Free Office suite (compatible With Office 2016/2019): Hi folks For those that don't need or want subscriptions to Office 2016 / 365 etc this suite just keeps getting better and better Downloads - WPS Office Community (Windows Link also on the page) I've found it as pretty well compatible with Ms stuff including .xlsx formats...
  9. Office 2016 users (not 365) / EXCEL print

Office 2016 users (not 365) / EXCEL print: Hi folks Office 2016 now apparently is at the same release level as Office 365. Now version 1807. No probs with EXCEL print so perhaps if you had the issue it's fixed by this update. [img] Cheers jimbo 115043
  10. MS Office 2016 installation problems

MS Office 2016 installation problems: Hello, I'm running a PC with Windows 10 64-bit installed. I purchased a new copy of Microsoft Office 2016 to upgrade the installed Microsoft Office 2007. I think I made a mistake of not first uninstalling Office 2007 before installation of Office 2016 as ended up running...