Windows 10: MS Office Issues

Discus and support MS Office Issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Excel, Word and PowerPoint will not start. The error message that is returned is: the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IanThomas6, Feb 16, 2019.

1. MS Office Issues

My Excel, Word and PowerPoint will not start. The error message that is returned is: the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142).

Can anyone tell me how to correct this? Thanks.

:)

IanThomas6, Feb 16, 2019

2. Quicken & MS Office 2010

Hi William,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Try the commands and check if the MS Office is available on your computer. Try the below steps:

• Press Windows + R and type winword.exe
      and hit enter.

• If MS word open up MS Office is available on the system.
    If not, you have to install it again from the store.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 16, 2019
  3. Geethu B Win User
    MS Office disappeared with Windows 10 upgrade!

Hi Denise,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with office and Wi-Fi connection.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the make and model of the computer

To resolve the issue with Wi-Fi, I suggest you to try these steps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to run the network troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Start Button and in the Windows Search type
      Troubleshooting
    • Open Troubleshooting and select Network and Internet.
    • Run Network Adapter troubleshooter.
    Check if it helps to fix the issue.

Step 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to install latest Wi-Fi driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps. If Windows 10 driver are not available then install latest driver in compatibility mode.

To install the Wireless network driver in compatibility mode, I would suggest you to follow these steps.

a. Download the latest Wireless network driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

b. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

c. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

d. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and
    select latest Windows version from the drop down list.

e. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

For issues related to Office, please post the query in the following forums.

Results in Office - Microsoft Community

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Feb 16, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

MS Office Issues

Thema:

MS Office Issues

1. MS Office Issues - Similar Threads - Office Issues

2. Microsoft Office Activation Issues

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Office Activation Issues: Hi,I had to reformat my computer because it became corrupt. I saved my programs, personal files, but I didn't back up the registry where the key file would be stored?. I do still have the Office folder saved. I do have the key saved via purchase receipt though. I did a fresh...
  3. Microsoft Office Activation Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Office Activation Issues: Hi,I had to reformat my computer because it became corrupt. I saved my programs, personal files, but I didn't back up the registry where the key file would be stored?. I do still have the Office folder saved. I do have the key saved via purchase receipt though. I did a fresh...
  4. Microsoft Office Activation Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. may i know how to troubleshoot VPN connecting & ip connecting issues office laptop

may i know how to troubleshoot VPN connecting & ip connecting issues office laptop: when office laptop can't to vpn and ip in that situation how to troubleshoot Give Any example like IT Team how resolve in the situations https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-i-know-how-to-troubleshoot-vpn-connecting-ip/05be1fbe-f8c8-4d3b-b55b-f25127a836af
  6. may i know how to troubleshoot VPN connecting & ip connecting issues office laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    may i know how to troubleshoot VPN connecting & ip connecting issues office laptop: when office laptop can't to vpn and ip in that situation how to troubleshoot Give Any example like IT Team how resolve in the situations https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-i-know-how-to-troubleshoot-vpn-connecting-ip/05be1fbe-f8c8-4d3b-b55b-f25127a836af
  7. may i know how to troubleshoot VPN connecting & ip connecting issues office laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Microsoft office issues on dual booting windows with linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft office issues on dual booting windows with linux: I partitioned my laptop and added ubuntu next to my existing windows. Then onwards, I have always encountered an error when trying to open Microsoft office products and the file closes soon after it gets opened. The error occurs on windows only, and I had backed up the same...
  9. Microsoft office issues on dual booting windows with linux

Microsoft office issues on dual booting windows with linux: I partitioned my laptop and added ubuntu next to my existing windows. Then onwards, I have always encountered an error when trying to open Microsoft office products and the file closes soon after it gets opened. The error occurs on windows only, and I had backed up the same...
  10. I have an issue where office 365 documents will open fine in the browser but when I try to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an issue where office 365 documents will open fine in the browser but when I try to...: I checked the properties of the file and it is not set to read only. The only fix seems to be to uninstall office 365 and reinstall office 365 and that works temporarily until the issue happens again....