Windows 10: MS Office not working after Windows 10 update failed, and not able to rollback

Discus and support MS Office not working after Windows 10 update failed, and not able to rollback in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I own a Lenovo Ideapad purchased Nov'18 Windows 10 Home Version 1803 OS Build 17134.885 (I am not sure if this is the original version, or the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by S K Ray, Aug 24, 2019.

1. S K Ray Win User

MS Office not working after Windows 10 update failed, and not able to rollback

Hi

I own a Lenovo Ideapad purchased Nov'18

Windows 10 Home Version 1803 OS Build 17134.885 (I am not sure if this is the original version, or the upgraded version)
    Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) N4000 CPU @1.10GHz, 1.10GHz
    Installed Memory(RAM):4.00GB (3.83 Usable)
    System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64 based processor

I was prompted to install updates. The update failed for a variery of resaons, afterwards MS Word and Excel not working, and not able to reinstall MS Word Excel. Practically unable to use laptop apart from browsing the internet or use of notepad.

Eventually after a number of restarts I was asked to put back the USB Drive for rollback - but rollback was not successful, the machine was hanging at restart forcing a reboot.

It could be my processor is not compatible with the update as Lenovo customer support (who advised they cannot assist further) provided this link

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install-winpc/how-to-upgrade-to-windows-10-version-1709-fall/617a37da-8fc0-4f33-a3eb-59fe9082f925

Windows update installtion problem:

I was asked to attach an external Drive with 10GB dispspace (I attached a USB Stick with about 13GB free) then I was asked to free up diskspace of over 3GB. That was about the usable space available in the laptop - but I backed up and deleted all my personal files.

After a number of attempts:

Windows needs space to update
    Connect Device at least 10GB free
    Exterrnal Storage D: Drive 11.3GB free attached.
    Next, we will help you free up 562MB on the C Drive

Free upto 594MB on your PC (C Drive)
    Emptied Recycle bin, downloads, documents folder, deleted also personal folders, cleared all browser cookies, and also deleted temp files as suggested in Storage Use.

This PC (CMS Office not working after Windows 10 update failed, and not able to rollback :) -29.1GB
    23.5GB used, 5.5GB free
    (If 5.5GB is free not sure why prompting to free upto 562MB, and I can see no opportunity to relieve diskapce because all files are pre-installed apart from Lenovo Bridge I installed yesterday in order to troubleshoot)

Systems&Reserved 18.0GB
    Apps&Games 3.45GB
    Temp files 1.66GB
    Other 451MB
    Mail 4.74MB
    Maps 304KB
    Desktop 20.0KB
    Documents 8.0KB
    Pictures, Music, Videos, Onedrive, Other People all 0 bytes.

Word/Excel:

1)Initially dbl click on Word or Excel file greying out screen and Explorer had to be closed, only way was to launch Word/Excel then File Open (existed before attempting to install updates)
    2)Then could not copy Word/Excel document in Explorer - even when selected along with other filetypes. Greying out screen and Explorer had to be closed. (existed before attempting to install updates)
    3)Tried Repair - this did not fix
    4)Tried Reset - this disabled Word/Excel. Message - Application cannot be started Try reinstalling to fix problem
    5)When trying reinstalling from Store - progressing from Starting to Download > Downloading Word 2016 > Completed then looping back to Starting to Download. Same with Excel.

6)Now when dbl click on Word or Excel - The application cannot be srated, try reinstalling the application to fix the problem.

Regards

:)

S K Ray, Aug 24, 2019

2. Metro 2033 fails to work on windows 10!

I don't recall you mentioning any trouble shooting steps attempted though. At the very least, doing a quick search and checking threads like this very well may have solved it for you. It's listed as compatible on MS' list of games that work with W10 for a reason, because many if not most are able to get it running on W10. At least some level of workaround may be required, but some got it running without doing anything.

is anyone able to get it running on windows 10 :: BioShock General Discussions

Frag Maniac, Aug 24, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Aug 24, 2019
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

1. MS Office not working after Windows 10 update failed, and not able to rollback - Similar Threads - Office working update

2. Rollback bootloop after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Rollback bootloop after Windows 10 Update: Hi everyone, I'm kin of desperated.After several attemps of unsuccessful Windows Updates my PC ist stuck in a boot loop no Windows logo, just the mainboard logo.My Win10 is on an SSD.1 I downloaded the Windows Media Creation Tool and installed a recovery USB. The automatic...
  3. Update to windows 10 1903 fail and then rollback

Update to windows 10 1903 fail and then rollback: Hello, computer is working fine, but pretty much forever it fails to update. Model: Toshiba Satellite P755-0MK PSAY3C-0MK05C setupapi.dev https://1drv.ms/u/s!AofooWaG_YIPvSR49OvKaCwEiYgQ?e=ujub1v I tried clean restart and couple other easy solutions without luck. I...
  4. MS Office no longer works after August 2020 Windows 10 update

MS Office no longer works after August 2020 Windows 10 update: The latest Windows 10 update installed itself yesterday. MS Office 2013 no longer works - clicking on a file just gets the busy wheel for a moment, then nothing. Trying to Open does nothing. Going to the Start button and opening Office does nothing. Running Quick Repair gets...
  5. MS Office After A Windows 10 Reset

MS Office After A Windows 10 Reset: How do I get my pc based MS Office downloaded after a Windows 10 Reset? Do I have to sign in and use the web based MS Office storing documents on the web?...
  6. MS office not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS office not working: I got message on line to update windows and accordingly I updated the windows yesterday. Unfortunately my MS office is not working today. Kindly help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-office-not-working/6d99b0d4-1e3a-487e-b2c2-f49ed22974af
  7. 1809 wifi not working after update to 1903 failed then rollback

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    1809 wifi not working after update to 1903 failed then rollback: Asus Vivotab Note 8 (M80TA) tablets: Atom CPU Z3740 1.33 GHz processors I have 2 machines: 1 x 32gb and 1 x 64gb. Machines are otherwise identical. Going from a start-point where both machines worked perfectly on 1809. On the 64gb machine 1903 installed with no problems....
  8. 1809 wifi not working after update to 1903 failed then rollback

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1809 wifi not working after update to 1903 failed then rollback: Asus Vivotab Note 8 (M80TA) tablets: Atom CPU Z3740 1.33 GHz processors I have 2 machines: 1 x 32gb and 1 x 64gb. Machines are otherwise identical. Going from a start-point where both machines worked perfectly on 1809. On the 64gb machine 1903 installed with no problems....
  9. update to windows 10 1903 fail and then rollback

update to windows 10 1903 fail and then rollback: The error code is 0xc1900101 - 0x30018, what should i do ?Thanks faild items from setupapi.dev.log >>> [Setup online Device Install (Hardware initiated) -...
  10. Windows Defender not working after rollback

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender not working after rollback: As of this morning, Windows Defender is unable to function properly after rolling back from a Skip Ahead build. Here are some screens. Real time protection is off and greyed out. [ATTACH] This screen shows that the version information is all blank, which isn't supposed...