Windows 10: MS Office & unable to save documents without signing into MS - Ugh!

Discus and support MS Office & unable to save documents without signing into MS - Ugh! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently after another monthly RIDICULOUS MS update I am unable to save documents to my personal PC without having to sign into my MS account! This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MaryBakerNC, Dec 4, 2018.

1. MS Office & unable to save documents without signing into MS - Ugh!

Recently after another monthly RIDICULOUS MS update I am unable to save documents to my personal PC without having to sign into my MS account! This is awful - I am not at all happy - I do not want to put anything out on the CLOUD!!!! I want it on my PC ONLY! Either tell me how to remove it or I am tossing this HP laptop and getting an APPLE! I paid for my MS Office products and I do like them but I DO NOT want MS to control my computer!!!!

:)

MaryBakerNC, Dec 4, 2018
  2. 4dw10 Win User

Can't save MS Office 2013 documents after Win10 upgrade from Win8.1

PROBLEM:
    MS Office 2013 can't save files anywhere except in OneDrive (which I don't want to use).

BACKGROUND:
    • Win10 upgrade on Alienware 17 R2 (2015 model) from 8.1 went well - no errors.
    • After using for a few days (normal shutdown / startups), used MS Word to create a document.

1. Created my document
    2. Went to file save dialogue, typed in filename e.g. "status update.docx".
    3. Almost immediately, the MS Word file save dialogue popped back up with the same filename, but now appended with a "1" e.g. "statusupdate1.docx" and received an error message (1st clue things aren't right)
    4. Hit 'Save' and everything looks okay except the document name shown at the top of MS Word is "Document1" (2nd clue things aren't right)
    5. Choose 'File, Close' and dialogue "Want to save your changes to Document1?" pops up (3rd clue)
    6. Choose 'Save' and "statusupdate1.docx" appears as the filename -- no matter how many times I hit 'Save' the 'Save as' dialogue keeps coming back with the "statusupdate1.docx" filename
    7. I'm forced to choose 'Don't Save' in the dialogue to exit MS Word
    8. I CAN'T save in docx, docm, or doc in any location EXCEPT OneDrive
    9. I CAN save rtf versions everywhere

ACTIONS TAKEN:

1. Checked the web for fixes but didn't find any that worked
    2. Ran sfc /scannow
    3. Ran dism /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    4. Chose to completely remove MS Office 2013 and reinstall (used Microsoft's MSO total removal tool which removes all registry entries in addition to removing the files)
    5. After re-installation, experienced the same problem with MS Excel files (new problem after remove/install cycle)
    6. Checked out Microsoft's Known Issues with Office and Windows 10, but no joy - "Known issues with Office and Windows 10
    7. Now every time I use Word, it also tries to save normal.docx which it can't save, and which takes multiple steps to finally abandon saving. Since word is used by Outlook, it also means that I have the normal.docx style sheet issue when composing mail or opening attachments.
    8. UPDATE: Installed Office 2016 in trial mode. No change. Exactly the same problem with Office 2016 as Office 2013.

Any help appreciated.

UPDATE: SOLVED

Trusteer product from IBM was the problem. Once removed, all applications work and save normally.

4dw10, Dec 4, 2018
  3. lnjr Win User
    MS Office 2016 word documents when saved look differently

I recently noticed that when I am saving a MS Word document the icon has changed. I am running windows 10 and MS Office Professional 2016. This only started happening within the past week. i tried doing a quick repair of MS Office and that did not solve the problem so I went back to the control panel and selected to do the online repair. However that has not fixed the problem. I have run malware and spyware scans and well as a full anti-virus scan and everything comes back clean and it is only happening with the MS Word documents - excel is fine and so is everything else. If I open a document that is a little older and then close it, it still looks the same as it always has, but any newly created documents look different now and other than Windows updates there have been no other changes to my computer.

The documents are saving properly and there is no issue with opening them, but they no longer show that W icon for the document

How to I resolve this issue if doing an online repair which uninstalls the program and then I need to reinstall it does not resolve the issue.

The image on the left is the way they have always looked and all of a sudden any documents I save are looking like the one on the right

MS Office & unable to save documents without signing into MS - Ugh! [​IMG]

lnjr, Dec 4, 2018
  4. MS Office & unable to save documents without signing into MS - Ugh!

saved path of Files receiving from MS OFFICE on windows phone 8.1

hello

when i got an email which is attached with a PDF or MS words documents i am able to open directly when i touched the document after downloading it, i am unable to find that downloaded document in my phone/ external memory. Where dose these saved files were
    go and download? or we need to open it always in MS OFFICE itself? i am using Windows Lumia 525 with v8.1

Kumarharsha, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

MS Office & unable to save documents without signing into MS - Ugh!

1. MS Office & unable to save documents without signing into MS - Ugh! - Similar Threads - Office unable save

2. MS Office 2007 will no longer conveniently open the app or an MS Office document in Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Office 2007 will no longer conveniently open the app or an MS Office document in Windows...: MS Office 2007 will no longer conveniently open the app or an MS Office document in Windows 10 Pro from the taskbar or the desktop.Does anyone know why?The apps will not open from the taskbar ever or the list of apps.For example: I can only open an existing MS Office document...
  3. MS Office 2007 will no longer conveniently open the app or an MS Office document in Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Office 2007 will no longer conveniently open the app or an MS Office document in Windows...: MS Office 2007 will no longer conveniently open the app or an MS Office document in Windows 10 Pro from the taskbar or the desktop.Does anyone know why?The apps will not open from the taskbar ever or the list of apps.For example: I can only open an existing MS Office document...
  4. ms office documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ms office documents: why i cannot open ms office documents from whatsapp web or email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-office-documents/4fa25b34-6482-4e8d-aaa9-79b9f9d8a251
  5. How to remove the "Sign In" box from MS Office documents?

How to remove the "Sign In" box from MS Office documents?: Hello, I do not want to sign in to my Microsoft Account while using MS Office, but this “sign in” thing is getting on my nerves. I have tried everything in this thread "Remove Sign In box from Office apps 1" but no luck. Is there any solution? [ATTACH]
  6. MS document

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS document: When I tried to open a MS document, I got this message. The application was unable to start correctly Oxc0000142 Click OK to close application. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-document/fbd199c1-9b09-4e39-b0fc-db914e8f725b
  7. MS To Do Sign-In Without Hello

MS To Do Sign-In Without Hello: I am trying to set up Microsoft To Do as replacement for end-of-life Wunderlist; stand-alone application i.e. not within Office 365. Windows 10 PC sign-in appears to require Hello, which I do not use. How do you sign into To Do in this environment without Hello?...
  8. MS Office sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MS Office sign in: I have a Windows 10 PC I have MS Office 2016 Pro with a local Licence (NOT Office 365) I don't want to sign in to Windows with my MS Account. I don't want my MS Office applications logged in to MS Office. Today , one more time, all my offices applications appeared signed...
  9. Indexing MS office files without MS office installed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Indexing MS office files without MS office installed: I need to have MS office files indexed a computer that does not have MS office installed. what tool do i need to install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/indexing-ms-office-files-without-ms-office/1d5b5dfb-3a90-48f7-8d21-535777e4fe89"
  10. MS Office 2016 word documents when saved look differently

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS Office 2016 word documents when saved look differently: I recently noticed that when I am saving a MS Word document the icon has changed. I am running windows 10 and MS Office Professional 2016. This only started happening within the past week. i tried doing a quick repair of MS Office and that did not solve the problem so I went...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to save word file without signing in

2. how to save on office without signing in

3. cant save excel without signing in

4. why cant i save excel to my desktop without signing into microsoft