Windows 10: MS Ofice 2016 crash when inserting hyperlink

Discus and support MS Ofice 2016 crash when inserting hyperlink in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; User @Zardoc posted warning about puting GodMode (access to all Control panel items) shortcut to specific folders, as it will make Office apps crash... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by AndreTen, Sep 18, 2017.

1. AndreTen Win User

MS Ofice 2016 crash when inserting hyperlink

User @Zardoc posted warning about puting GodMode (access to all Control panel items) shortcut to specific folders, as it will make Office apps crash when inserting hyperlink.

I've confirmed this behavior, as have had exactly the same problem on one computer. Word crashed when trying to insert hyperlink to a file on the PC. In my case GodMode was created on desktop, but was crashing Word when trying to create hyperlink at totally different folder...

Discussion was going on in Insider announcement thread, but think it deserves its separate thread. And, if anybody doesn't know what Godmode is (all Control panel items)

Solution again.
    If any of your Office applications crash, when trying to create hyperlink to local file, check if you have GodMode (all Control panel items) shortcut or folder. Delete it.

:)

AndreTen, Sep 18, 2017

2. Hyperlinks don't work in windows 10 mail

I am using Mail that comes with Office Student 2016....

I am unable to access hyperlinks within emails I received. When I click on link I a blank page displays and then I receive a sad face icon and that is it.

To even answer your questions I had to do a copy and paste as nothing happened when I clicked on the 'reply' link.

with thanks

Robyn

RobynSinclair1, Sep 18, 2017
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    Hyperlinks don't work in windows 10 mail

Hi Robyn,

It is possible that this is a browser issue or registry problems. For us to properly isolate your issue, we'd like to ask some questions:

• Are you using the default mail app for Windows 10 or Outlook 2016?
    • Are you having issues inserting or accessing the hyperlink?
    • Did you encounter any error messages when working on the hyperlink?

In addition, if you're encountering the issue using the Outlook application, we have provided an article below for a resolution:

Hyperlinks are not working in Outlook

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Sep 18, 2017
  4. MS Ofice 2016 crash when inserting hyperlink

Just confirming this is still an issue with Word 2016 version 1712, build 8827.2148

Speedbird186, Jan 29, 2018
  5. AndreTen Win User
    Hope you found this info on time. It took me weeks before finding what is preventing me to inserting hyperlinks...
    With Microsoft moving more and more commands from Control panel to settings, It's easier to give up on God mode...

And welcome to Tenforums *Smile

AndreTen, Jan 29, 2018
  6. simrick Win User
    I had no idea this was a problem. Granted, I have not had problems inserting hyperlinks into documents (yet?), but glad I saw this thread.

simrick, Jan 29, 2018
  7. First search result on DuckDuckGo!

Speedbird186, Jan 29, 2018
  8. AndreTen Win User

*Thumbs this is exactly why I started this thread... Tenforums are very high on every search engine *Smile

btw, it took me more than one reinstall of Office and worrying about why can't I insert hyperlink on my PC, while I can on every other...

AndreTen, Jan 29, 2018
  9. AndreTen Win User
    *Thumbs that's exactly what I was thinking, when saw the original post *Wink

AndreTen, Apr 5, 2018
  10. ASavage Win User
    Never in a kazillion years would I have guessed this to be the cause. Thank you thank you thank you for this post!

ASavage, Apr 17, 2018
Thema:

1. MS Ofice 2016 crash when inserting hyperlink - Similar Threads - Ofice 2016 crash

2. Embedded hyperlinks not working in MS Word 2010 when printed to PDF

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Embedded hyperlinks not working in MS Word 2010 when printed to PDF: I have been using MS word for over 20 years. I am running Windows 10 with tons of ram and MS Word 2010. There is a fatal problem when printing doc or docx containing hyperlinks to PDF. I tried both Adobe Acrobat 9 and Microsoft PDF printer. This bug occurs in either PDF...
  3. Expression Web 4 crashes when trying to add hyperlink

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Expression Web 4 crashes when trying to add hyperlink: Expression Web 4 has worked fine with all until this week when following an upgrade it crashes when using the add hyperlink folder search dialogue box. works. Previously reported in community forum but locked for comments. This problem has now restarted! Rolling back an...
  4. How to insert hyperlink in PowerPoint?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to insert hyperlink in PowerPoint?: Could you help me to insert hyperlink in my PowerPoint presentation? Notes section. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-insert-hyperlink-in-powerpoint/9de09428-36a1-494e-b42d-0debe6891185"
  5. MS Office 2016

MS Office 2016: Where can I download Office Pro Plus 2016. I Have it and have Key for it but takes a long time to download. want to have Disk Image of it. 140675
  6. Excel crashes when clicking on a external Hyperlink

Excel crashes when clicking on a external Hyperlink: Hello - I have one computer on build 17763.475 version 1809, the rest are version 17763.437. On this particular computer whenever you click on an external hyperlink, excel closes. I have read several forums where it says to remove the "god-mode" folder, but I don't see...
  7. Outlook hangs on inserting Hyperlink

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook hangs on inserting Hyperlink: Steps to Reproduce: 1. Install MS office and configure Outlook. 2. Type some text- lets say- Prashant Dhasmana. 3. Select the text and right click and select - Hyperlink. 4. Now, navigate to the browser using "Alt+tab" key- to copy the url you want to paste on that...
  8. Hyperlinks not working when clicking on Outlook 2016 message

Hyperlinks not working when clicking on Outlook 2016 message: Hello, I know this is a common issue. Would someone please help with the reg edit instructions or other solutions for this problem? Thank you so much. I downloaded a firmware update for my Brother printer today and an Abode reader update. After restarting, when I click on a...
  9. Obscure Message and Crashing MS Office 2016 Apps

Obscure Message and Crashing MS Office 2016 Apps: Whenever I try to use any app of my Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 suite -- together with Windows 10 Pro Version 1803, OS Build 17134.191 -- the following error message is displayed: "We're sorry, but ____ has run into an error that is preventing it from working...
  10. Ofice Mail Attachments

in Browsers and Email
    Ofice Mail Attachments: Hello from Ireland: As I can't seem to get any help from the MS Office Crowd, I came here because I always get an answer here! In Office Mail, there seem to be no way to save pictures that are attached to an Email! The answers that I receive from the Office crowd in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. word 2016 crashes when inserting hyperlinks

2. office 2016 inserting hyperlink crash