Windows 10: Ms one drive and new pc name.

Discus and support Ms one drive and new pc name. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Changed pc name, and removed old pc name from one drive web page. Now it does not show any pc's. How do I get new pc name on one drive page. Henry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hewjr100, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Hewjr100 Win User

Ms one drive and new pc name.

Changed pc name, and removed old pc name from one drive web page. Now it does not show any pc's. How do I get new pc name on one drive page.

Henry

Ps I did unlink one drive on pc and reinstalled one drive.

:)

Hewjr100, Jan 18, 2017
  2. gshile Win User

How to change the username and username folder in windows 10

I did not name the pc. Evidently it named itself with some of my information

I need to transfer my files from my old drive to the new one in my new PC. The path should remain the same. However, the username is different than the one in my old drive

Please reply to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

gshile, Jan 18, 2017
  3. rykman Win User
    Renamed drive on one win10 PC but when viewing network from my other 2 pc's still show old drive name

I renamed several drives on one of my win10 PCs but when viewing via explorer/network from my other 2 pc's (one win10, one win7) they still show the old drive names. I've rebooted all pc's several times with no difference. How do I get the network view
    to reflect the new names?

rykman, Jan 18, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Go into One Drive on your computer and log out then log in. Also you can stop the service and restart it. Make sure that you are logged into your computer with your Live account, otherwise it will not updating your Roaming Profile. You can also delete the Onedrive folder on your computer, flush trash bin and then reboot to see if that works.

bro67, Jan 18, 2017
  5. Hewjr100 Win User
    Yea I tried that before I posted, did not work.

Henry

Hewjr100, Jan 18, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    Did you double check all of the switches in System Settings?

bro67, Jan 19, 2017
  7. Hewjr100 Win User
    what switches?

Henry

Hewjr100, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Ms one drive and new pc name. - Similar Threads - drive name

2. USB drive renamed automatically to a name I don't want

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB drive renamed automatically to a name I don't want: Hello, I just bought this SanDisk Cruzer Glide 3.0, and for some unknown reason, the name of the drive is automatically changed to "IXPANDFLIP". Does anyone know how to change it to "USB Drive"?...
  3. USB drive renamed automatically to a name I don't want

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB drive renamed automatically to a name I don't want: Hello, I just bought this SanDisk Cruzer Glide 3.0, and for some unknown reason, the name of the drive is automatically changed to "IXPANDFLIP". Does anyone know how to change it to "USB Drive"?...
  4. I want to change my boot drive name on msconfig

I want to change my boot drive name on msconfig: I am running dual boot and want to change the drive id on msconfig https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-change-my-boot-drive-name-on-msconfig/197bef36-ed36-4e8e-abd0-b483573ed92f
  5. I want to change my boot drive name on msconfig

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to change my boot drive name on msconfig: I am running dual boot and want to change the drive id on msconfig https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-change-my-boot-drive-name-on-msconfig/197bef36-ed36-4e8e-abd0-b483573ed92f
  6. I want to change my boot drive name on msconfig

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. [SECURITY] File names and file thumbnails from locked BitLocker drive visible in Recent section

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [SECURITY] File names and file thumbnails from locked BitLocker drive visible in Recent section: This issue was previously mentioned in this thread, however the provided response was not an answer to the question being asked.There is a clear security issue regarding BitLocker drives. After locking the drive via: manage-bde -lock -ForceDismount x:the file names and...
  8. [SECURITY] File names and file thumbnails from locked BitLocker drive visible in Recent section

[SECURITY] File names and file thumbnails from locked BitLocker drive visible in Recent section: This issue was previously mentioned in this thread, however the provided response was not an answer to the question being asked.There is a clear security issue regarding BitLocker drives. After locking the drive via: manage-bde -lock -ForceDismount x:the file names and...
  9. How to rename hard drive device name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to rename hard drive device name: I have two hard drives with the exact same device name, both with bootable Windows versions on them, and I wish to rename them to make them distinguishable from each other when I view them from the BIOS or boot menu. Could someone please advise if this is possible, and if so,...
  10. How to rename hard drive device name

How to rename hard drive device name: I have two hard drives with the exact same device name, both with bootable Windows versions on them, and I wish to rename them to make them distinguishable from each other when I view them from the BIOS or boot menu. Could someone please advise if this is possible, and if so,...