Windows 10: Ms one drive and new pc name.

Discus and support Ms one drive and new pc name. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Changed pc name, and removed old pc name from one drive web page. Now it does not show any pc's. How do I get new pc name on one drive page. Henry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hewjr100, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Hewjr100 Win User

Ms one drive and new pc name.

Changed pc name, and removed old pc name from one drive web page. Now it does not show any pc's. How do I get new pc name on one drive page.

Henry

Ps I did unlink one drive on pc and reinstalled one drive.

:)

Hewjr100, Jan 18, 2017
  2. gshile Win User

How to change the username and username folder in windows 10

I did not name the pc. Evidently it named itself with some of my information

I need to transfer my files from my old drive to the new one in my new PC. The path should remain the same. However, the username is different than the one in my old drive

Please reply to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

gshile, Jan 18, 2017
  3. rykman Win User
    Renamed drive on one win10 PC but when viewing network from my other 2 pc's still show old drive name

I renamed several drives on one of my win10 PCs but when viewing via explorer/network from my other 2 pc's (one win10, one win7) they still show the old drive names. I've rebooted all pc's several times with no difference. How do I get the network view
    to reflect the new names?

rykman, Jan 18, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Go into One Drive on your computer and log out then log in. Also you can stop the service and restart it. Make sure that you are logged into your computer with your Live account, otherwise it will not updating your Roaming Profile. You can also delete the Onedrive folder on your computer, flush trash bin and then reboot to see if that works.

bro67, Jan 18, 2017
  5. Hewjr100 Win User
    Yea I tried that before I posted, did not work.

Henry

Hewjr100, Jan 18, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    Did you double check all of the switches in System Settings?

bro67, Jan 19, 2017
  7. Hewjr100 Win User
    what switches?

Henry

Hewjr100, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Ms one drive and new pc name. - Similar Threads - drive name

2. USB Flash drive showing up as an audio device named "USB CAMERA 2.0"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Flash drive showing up as an audio device named "USB CAMERA 2.0": I have two flash drives that are the same model, and contain work files, but whenever I try to plug them in, they show up as "USB CAMERA 2.0", I've tried uninstalling the devices, searching for drivers for both the drives themselves as well the PC's USB ports, to no avail. I...
  3. Drive names missing from file explorer and other errors

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive names missing from file explorer and other errors: Hello, I have multiple errors with my computer right now, and nothing that I have tried has helped me. First of all, all of the names of my drives have suddenly disappeared from the file explorer. This happened recently and I have tried to figure out what is wrong, but to...
  4. I see network drive letters but not names

I see network drive letters but not names: Hello, I am accessing a bunch of USB drives on my Win 10 desktop from a Surface over home ethernet. The connections work fine, but I only see the drive letters, as single capital letters, and not their names on the Surface. On the desktop, I see both in the default order...
  5. Tried to move my folders in /Users/name over to my D drive and accidentally replaced my...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tried to move my folders in /Users/name over to my D drive and accidentally replaced my...: I was able to succesfully move all the other folders (ie documents, videos, etc) but when i try to move the contacts folder it says there is a folder in the same location that cant be redirected submitted by /u/RonenSalathe [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows keeps making a folder on my other drive that is named my username?

Windows keeps making a folder on my other drive that is named my username?: Hello, So I have had this issue for a while now. On my PC, windows keeps automatically making a folder on my D: drive named as my username. Inside the folder is more folders, Favorites, and another folder called Searches. They have the stock icons for the library's in...
  7. Windows network drive - cryptic file names

Windows network drive - cryptic file names: Hello there, I'm currently working on a backup script for some of my linux server which will be uploaded to a hetzner storage box via rsync. The storage box is mounted as a network drive on my windows explorer and I just noticed that the file names are completely off and I...
  8. One drive folder showing up c:\user\desktop the default location name c:\user\userid to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    One drive folder showing up c:\user\desktop the default location name c:\user\userid to...: One drive folder showing up c:\user\desktop the default location name c:\user\userid to c:\user\desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-folder-showing-up-cuserdesktop-the/d6b55008-1019-4ddd-b134-6bf3f7e6c3ed
  9. Ever since large Windows 10 update, "Safely Remove Drive" doesn't show drive name only the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ever since large Windows 10 update, "Safely Remove Drive" doesn't show drive name only the...: Prior to a major Windows 10 update a couple of weeks ago, when I would go so Safely Remove one of my attached hard drives, it would show me the Factory Hardware Name of the Drive Seagate Drive, for example and the name that I had given the drive PCBackUp or iTunes. That way...
  10. "There is not enough space on [folder name]" error - lots of unused space on drive

"There is not enough space on [folder name]" error - lots of unused space on drive: Hi, I am getting an error message when trying to copy files to my main storage drive. The error reads "There is not enough space on [folder name]", eg: [ATTACH] When trying to copy to the drive directly, not to a folder within the drive, I get a similar error, which also...