Windows 10: Ms one drive and new pc name.

Discus and support Ms one drive and new pc name. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Changed pc name, and removed old pc name from one drive web page. Now it does not show any pc's. How do I get new pc name on one drive page. Henry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hewjr100, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Hewjr100 Win User

Ms one drive and new pc name.

Changed pc name, and removed old pc name from one drive web page. Now it does not show any pc's. How do I get new pc name on one drive page.

Henry

Ps I did unlink one drive on pc and reinstalled one drive.

:)

Hewjr100, Jan 18, 2017
  2. gshile Win User

How to change the username and username folder in windows 10

I did not name the pc. Evidently it named itself with some of my information

I need to transfer my files from my old drive to the new one in my new PC. The path should remain the same. However, the username is different than the one in my old drive

Please reply to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

gshile, Jan 18, 2017
  3. rykman Win User
    Renamed drive on one win10 PC but when viewing network from my other 2 pc's still show old drive name

I renamed several drives on one of my win10 PCs but when viewing via explorer/network from my other 2 pc's (one win10, one win7) they still show the old drive names. I've rebooted all pc's several times with no difference. How do I get the network view
    to reflect the new names?

rykman, Jan 18, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Go into One Drive on your computer and log out then log in. Also you can stop the service and restart it. Make sure that you are logged into your computer with your Live account, otherwise it will not updating your Roaming Profile. You can also delete the Onedrive folder on your computer, flush trash bin and then reboot to see if that works.

bro67, Jan 18, 2017
  5. Hewjr100 Win User
    Yea I tried that before I posted, did not work.

Henry

Hewjr100, Jan 18, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    Did you double check all of the switches in System Settings?

bro67, Jan 19, 2017
  7. Hewjr100 Win User
    what switches?

Henry

Hewjr100, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Ms one drive and new pc name. - Similar Threads - drive name

2. One drive changed my name of my pictures to numbers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One drive changed my name of my pictures to numbers: One drive changed my name of my pictures to numbers how do i change this back ? Now i have to look at all of the numbered pictures to find the ones i had names for....
  3. Crash when mounting a drive: Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 10.0.17763.1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crash when mounting a drive: Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 10.0.17763.1: Hi all, When trying to mount a WebDAV drive as follows, using a smartcard specified in credentials manager, i get the following crash as below: net use x: https://example.com/storage Any chance of a fix? Machine: Windows 10 LTSC evaluation version, brand new install,...
  4. NAS drive keeps asking for user name and password

NAS drive keeps asking for user name and password: I restarted my router, and now my Synology NAS drive is asking for username and password. I can see the files on my TV and when I login to Plex online, but can't get to them in windows explorer. The user ID and password won't work....
  5. Windows 10 changed all the file names on my thumb drive! Now I can't access my Roboform...

Windows 10 changed all the file names on my thumb drive! Now I can't access my Roboform...: About 4 months ago, Windows 10 somehow changed all the file names in a subdirectory to ONE file name with ascending numbers! It was only about 15 files, so I was able to rename them, but it was shocking and frustrating! A couple of months ago, I had my thumb drive connected...
  6. How to change Hardware IDs names of external drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to change Hardware IDs names of external drives: Up front: I know how to update the "Friendly Name" of devices. A good tutorial can be found on: TUTORIAL: How to change device names in Device Manager | Windows 8 Help Forums When running VMware Workstation and connecting an external USB Drive from host, VMware displays the...
  7. Change the folder name of my User inside C Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the folder name of my User inside C Drive: I want to change the user folder name from Atul Gaur to atul. Because of the space between the name I am experiencing many issues in installing many different things. I have Windows 10 Home installed on my computer. Please help me with this problem. How can I rename it?...
  8. Authentication name and password to backup external hard drives on net

Authentication name and password to backup external hard drives on net: Hi all. Thanks in advance. I am using Acronis 2020 to do system backups to external hard drives on my network connected via my Netgear router. The problem is that name and password authentication is required for the network from acronis before I can backup to these external...
  9. Name the Drives on a Windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Name the Drives on a Windows 10 computer: How can I name the drives on my Windows 10 computer? 151508
  10. How can I move Outlook items with same name to Z Drive without having to rename them?

How can I move Outlook items with same name to Z Drive without having to rename them?: The option to move and leave the same as it was is GONE! Looking for a simple solution as I have to move thousands of emails and can't rename the duplicates. This seems to be a Windows 10 oddity....