Windows 10: MS Outlook 2010 connectivity

Discus and support MS Outlook 2010 connectivity in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I am trying to get MS Outlook to connect to my husband's email account. It used to work, but then stopped. I have tried to repair his account using the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Annos1, May 31, 2021.

1. Annos1 Win User

MS Outlook 2010 connectivity

I am trying to get MS Outlook to connect to my husband's email account. It used to work, but then stopped. I have tried to repair his account using the manual option. He has a Verizon mail account through AOL, so it uses IMAP. Nothing works, so I then deleted his account from Outlook and tried to re-install it. It keeps saying that Outlook cannot connect to the email server. I have checked and re-checked the password, and the port settings. I can get into his email account on-line through AOL, but not through Outlook. Any thoughts? The Windows version is 20H2.

:)

Annos1, May 31, 2021
  2. scopio Win User

Outlook 2010 not connecting to server

I uninstalled Outlook 2010 and reinstalled it and now it will not connect to server and will only work offline and I cannot make it go online!
    MS Outlook 2010 connectivity [​IMG]
    *Mad
    I have tried to delete my Hotmail account and add it again but I must be doing something wrong as I keep getting errors.
    This is what I have tried to add my email account again;

When I click Next I get all these messages;

And this security box keeps reappearing even though the password is correct!

What am I doing wrong and why does Outlook 2010 does not connect to the server even though it is allowed through the firewall?

Help will be much appreciated.

scopio, May 31, 2021
  3. scopio Win User
    Outlook 2010 not connecting to server

Hi Caledon Ken,
    Thanks for your input.
    I have now solved the issue with Outlook not connecting to the internet.
    As for you question “Do you have the Work Offline button in your ribbon?”
    Yes it did display with “Working Offline” button with a red cross which could not be turned on to enable it to “Working Online”

The problem was self-inflicted to my shame! *Redface
    I forgot that Outlook 2010 does no longer require Outlook Connector for email accounts for Hotmail, Live and Outlook as it now uses Microsoft Exchange rather than MAPI!
    If you try to add a new Hotmail, Live and Outlook a manually in Outlook 2010 you will get this message; follow the instructions therein.

Solution, just in case someone else has the same problem is;
    1. Delete the Hotmail, Live and Outlook email accounts in File > Accounts Settings from within Outlook 2010.
    2. Close Outlook 2010 and open Control Panel > Mail Options.
    3. Click on E-mail Accounts.
    4. Click on New.
    5. Enter your details and click Next.
    6. It will start Configuring.
    7. If it asks to download Outlook Connector click on Cancel (as it is NOT required)!
    8. Outlook will ask for permission to make changes, click on Allow.
    9. Your email account will appear on the Account Settings as a Microsoft Exchange email account.
    10. Add any other email accounts and when finished click Close.
    11. Finally open Outlook 2010 and it will then connect to Microsoft Exchange and your emails and folders will then be synchronised with your email accounts.

scopio, May 31, 2021
  4. J72764 Win User

Sync Outlook on windows mobile 6.5 with Outlook 2010

Sigh...ok...so if I want to be able to sync my contacts, notes, tasks, etc from Outlook 2010, I need to de install Office 2010 64bit and reinstall the 32 bit version? What steps from the list below am I missing:

1. backup .pst files from Outlook.

2. uninstall Office 2010 64bit

3. install Office 2010 32bit.

4. import/restore .pst files

5. connect windows mobile phone via usb and follow instructions for setting up sync.

Will that cover it?

J72764, May 31, 2021
Thema:

1. MS Outlook 2010 connectivity - Similar Threads - Outlook 2010 connectivity

2. Outlook 2010 search

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2010 search: I am using windows 10 latest update and Microsoft outlook 2010 The search has always worked fine for all email accounts but i had to redo my computer and reinstall Office. Now when i check all my accounts to search, next time i do a search or restart outlook only 1 is...
  3. Gmail in Outlook 2010 Won't Connect

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail in Outlook 2010 Won't Connect: I have Outlook 2010 on one laptop. Starting today Gmail won't connect despite the user name, password and other IMAP details being correct. Gmail is working fine in Outook 2016, Windows Mail App and my mobile. Anyone having the same problem? 155645
  4. Gmail in Outlook 2010 Won't Connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail in Outlook 2010 Won't Connect: I have Outlook 2010 on one laptop. Starting today Gmail won't connect despite the user name, password and other IMAP details being correct. Gmail is working fine in Outook 2016, Windows Mail App and my mobile. Anyone having the same problem? 155645
  5. Opening Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening Outlook 2010: when I open outlook 2010 in windows 10 the install starts (already installed) it asks for a disk with mscomctfix on it, can't find it, so I cancel the process and it closes then open outlook anyway. Usually starts after a windows update. Tried to repair office 10 with the...
  6. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: Hello All, I have just installed outlook 2010 on a new computer but I only get the last 3 days of emails can I change this ? 137380
  7. AVG Free conflicts with MS Outlook 2010

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AVG Free conflicts with MS Outlook 2010: Since updating to Win 10 in October 2016, I have relied on Windows Defender together with MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware. This morning, I installed AVG Free having checked extensively on line re its relationship with Win Defender. All seemed well until I opened my email...
  8. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: My Outlook 2010 has developed a problem. Every time I load it after a few seconds it says Outlook has stopped working. I have uninstalled Office 2010 rebooted and reinstalled but it is still happening. Any help appreciated. 84659
  9. Outlook 2010 not connecting to server

Outlook 2010 not connecting to server: I uninstalled Outlook 2010 and reinstalled it and now it will not connect to server and will only work offline and I cannot make it go online! [img] *Mad I have tried to delete my Hotmail account and add it again but I must be doing something wrong as I keep getting...
  10. Is MS office 2010 outlook compatible with windows 10

Is MS office 2010 outlook compatible with windows 10: Hi I'm using Microsoft office 2010 outlook wit windows 10... I find that windows 10 keeps changing my settings i.e. when I uncheck the box in an email account in outlook 10... it changes back after next boot... I uncheck leave on server so it is removed and I don't receive...