Windows 10: MS Outlook 2010 issues after Windows 10 update

Discus and support MS Outlook 2010 issues after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After updating Windows 10, my default browser Firefox was disabled, links in Outlook 2010 prompt an error message: This operation has been canceled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CarolLindsay1, Oct 5, 2019.

1. MS Outlook 2010 issues after Windows 10 update

After updating Windows 10, my default browser Firefox was disabled, links in Outlook 2010 prompt an error message: This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.

I have uninstalled and downloaded fresh Firefox app and deleted the old file folder. Still unable to access links in emails. Please help.

:)

CarolLindsay1, Oct 5, 2019

2. Cannot find Outlook 2010 and Windows is corrupted after recent update on Windows 10.

Hello Jim,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From your description, I understand you your PC is corrupted and have lost Outlook 2010 after installing a recent update.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Which was the update installed causing the issue on your PC?

• Did you check if Outlook 2010 is shown in Programs and Features window?

• Which edition of Outlook 2010 are you using?

• Are you facing any system performance issues?

I suggest you to check and repair Outlook 2010 from the Programs and Features window by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Programs and Features and select the top most search result.

• Locate and select Outlook 2010 program and click on
      Repair option which will now be enabled in the window.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

• After the repair is completed, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 5, 2019
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Oct 5, 2019
  4. MS Outlook 2010 issues after Windows 10 update

Outlook 2010 Not Responding with Windows 10

I have Office 2010 Pro. Installed Windows 10 a couple of days ago and most of my apps seem to be working fine. However, Outlook 2010 loads very slowly, and while I am typing a 10 line email it may stop 3 or 4 times and the top says Outlook not responding. I've run Task Manager along side to see if I can catch another program taking CPU cycles, but have not seen anything major. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Whiteferrari, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

MS Outlook 2010 issues after Windows 10 update

1. MS Outlook 2010 issues after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Outlook 2010 issues

2. MS Outlook 2010 connectivity

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS Outlook 2010 connectivity: I am trying to get MS Outlook to connect to my husband's email account. It used to work, but then stopped. I have tried to repair his account using the manual option. He has a Verizon mail account through AOL, so it uses IMAP. Nothing works, so I then deleted his account from...
  3. GLITCHES WITH MS OUTLOOK 2010 OPERATING ON WIN 10 PRO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GLITCHES WITH MS OUTLOOK 2010 OPERATING ON WIN 10 PRO: SO, what else is new, GLITCHES WITH MS OUTLOOK...LOL...A couple of glitches I'm looking for a fix...2 questions I'm sure are common problems...hope there is a fix for them. I am using MS Outlook 2010 with Windows 10 Pro running it. 1st is AUTO COMPLETE not working. Did...
  4. Outlook 2010 After latest update = Disaster

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2010 After latest update = Disaster: This morning I downloaded a number of W10 updates onto my number 2 machine. This machine had my Hotmail and Outlook email accounts being managed via Microsoft Exchange. So, while I was messing around with this machine I thought that I would change them all to IMAP like my...
  5. MS Outlook Issues after Windows 10 upgrade

in Browsers and Email
    MS Outlook Issues after Windows 10 upgrade: I have a clean install of Windows 10 and Office Pro 2013. Initially I could not send any emails from Outlook. I resolved this by running SFC /scannow. However, I am getting constant sync errors and a blue circle when using Outlook with IMAP. The 2 accounts I have added are my...
  6. Windows 10 & Outlook 2010

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 & Outlook 2010: Just installed Win 10 and everything seems fine, one question though. In my old Internet Explorer I had a "Mail Button" on my browser that allowed me to access my mail and it had other functions, such as email a link etc. How can I get that back in Edge? is it even possible?...
  7. AVG Free conflicts with MS Outlook 2010

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AVG Free conflicts with MS Outlook 2010: Since updating to Win 10 in October 2016, I have relied on Windows Defender together with MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware. This morning, I installed AVG Free having checked extensively on line re its relationship with Win Defender. All seemed well until I opened my email...
  8. Windows 10 and Outlook 2010

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 and Outlook 2010: I am still looking for a fix for this problem - since I downloaded Windows 10, I am unable to 'unsubscribe' or follow any internet addresses from my Outlook 10. I know there is a fix because I have had the problem before, but I can't remember it. 24489
  9. Windows 10 and Outlook 2010

Windows 10 and Outlook 2010: After I downloaded Windows 10, my Outlook 2010 has a problem. I cannot follow a hyperlink from an email, nor can I 'unsubscribe' from a mailing list. The system advises that I do not have the right level of security. I had this problem over 12 months ago, and I was advised of...
  10. Is MS office 2010 outlook compatible with windows 10

Is MS office 2010 outlook compatible with windows 10: Hi I'm using Microsoft office 2010 outlook wit windows 10... I find that windows 10 keeps changing my settings i.e. when I uncheck the box in an email account in outlook 10... it changes back after next boot... I uncheck leave on server so it is removed and I don't receive...