Windows 10: MS Outlook 2016 - one Junk Email won't delete

Discus and support MS Outlook 2016 - one Junk Email won't delete in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Thanks in advance for your help. I received a Junk Email today advertising flashlights for sale. I've moved the email to Deleted Items, but I cannot... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rlee123, Oct 23, 2018.

1. rlee123 Win User

MS Outlook 2016 - one Junk Email won't delete

Thanks in advance for your help.

I received a Junk Email today advertising flashlights for sale. I've moved the email to Deleted Items, but I cannot delete it. This error message pops up: "An error occurred in the underlying security system. An internal error occurred."

Windows 10 Pro
    MS Outlook 2016
    The Account type is Gmail POP/SMTP.

:)

rlee123, Oct 23, 2018
  2. Jeddie Win User

Outlook 2016 Junk or Junk Email

I have tried Googling but so far no solution.
    I just logged into my web client and it also shows 2 x Junk folders.

From @jimbos45 post, I should have only 'Junk Email' folder.

In my both Outlook 2016 and my web client, I can delete 'Junk Email' but not 'Junk' folder?

My account is Imap.

Can anyone suggest how I can rectify this?

Jeddie, Oct 23, 2018
  3. Jeddie Win User

Hello,
    I just upgraded from Office 2007 to Office 2016.

I go into Outlook and find there are 2 junk folders > 'Junk' and 'Junk Email'

When I right click Junk Delete is grey out. When I right click Juck email delete is active.

Why do I have 2 Junk folders?

And which one do I need?

Jeddie, Oct 23, 2018
  4. MS Outlook 2016 - one Junk Email won't delete

I have not used Outlook since 2010 but if I remember correctly, the default folders in Outlook have a JUNK folder and I think it was all in the same list with your email account folders. Try looking in Outlook settings for JUNK and or folder settings. Then see if you can set it to the IMAP JUNK folder or remove it in there.

Access Denied, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

MS Outlook 2016 - one Junk Email won't delete

1. MS Outlook 2016 - one Junk Email won't delete - Similar Threads - Outlook 2016 Junk

2. Problems with Email Rules in Outlook 2016 Desktop - Using MS Office Professional 2016 NOT...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Email Rules in Outlook 2016 Desktop - Using MS Office Professional 2016 NOT...: I am having issues with Email Rules in Outlook 2016 Desktop. Sometimes the rules work and sometimes they don't. I have deleted all rules, started over, cleared cache, cleared cookies, and re-installed Outlook 2016 desktop, but to no avail. I am using a 2022 LG Laptop, Windows...
  3. Problems with Email Rules in Outlook 2016 Desktop - Using MS Office Professional 2016 NOT...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Email Rules in Outlook 2016 Desktop - Using MS Office Professional 2016 NOT...: I am having issues with Email Rules in Outlook 2016 Desktop. Sometimes the rules work and sometimes they don't. I have deleted all rules, started over, cleared cache, cleared cookies, and re-installed Outlook 2016 desktop, but to no avail. I am using a 2022 LG Laptop, Windows...
  4. How to delete MS account for a deleted Outlook email?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to delete MS account for a deleted Outlook email?: Hi, I have used a MS account on my laptop, and now everytime I turn it on it shows that I need to go to Settings because a work or school account has a problem. It turns out that this may be because the account is registered with an Outlook email which was the official email...
  5. MS Outlook 2016 stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS Outlook 2016 stopped working: Does anyone have any suggestions on how to repair Outlook? It was working fine yesterday, but after I turned my laptop on this morning, Outlook is no longer working. When I click on it, (the 'activity circle' just disappears - and does nothing. Any suggestions are...
  6. Outlook 2016 - notifications calendar/email

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 - notifications calendar/email: Windows 10 home Office professional Plus 2016. version 1808 Recently got a new desktop up and running with the above software installed. The Installed default had notifications (audible and the visual that comes shooting in from the lower right corner) for both email and...
  7. Outlook Email popup notifications MS Office Professional 2016

Outlook Email popup notifications MS Office Professional 2016: Is it possible to set up a notification in Outlook which pops up and persists until the user dismisses it. The notification would popup when an email arrives with a particular subject or from a specific user. 117734
  8. Importing Email Accounts Into Outlook 2016

Importing Email Accounts Into Outlook 2016: I'm using a new laptop running Windows 10 Pro x64 and I have a subscription to Office 365 Home. I want to import 27 email accounts, 25 of them being Microsoft email accounts, into Outlook 2016. I don't know why, but the import process is not working properly. I first...
  9. Outlook 2016 Junk or Junk Email

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 Junk or Junk Email: Hello, I just upgraded from Office 2007 to Office 2016. I go into Outlook and find there are 2 junk folders > 'Junk' and 'Junk Email' When I right click Junk Delete is grey out. When I right click Juck email delete is active. Why do I have 2 Junk folders? And which one...
  10. Outlook - automatic deletion of Junk email

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook - automatic deletion of Junk email: Hi there question for those "Officy" types On Outlook there's a junk email folder -- I can direct a whole heap of stuff to this junk folder - but is there any way these emails in that folder can get deleted automatically -- doesn't have to be immediately -- say every 60...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook 2016 junk folder wont empty