Windows 10: MS Paint Causing Computer to Restart

Discus and support MS Paint Causing Computer to Restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer updated this morning. Now, when I'm in MS Paint not 3D and I go to format page, my computer crashes and restarts.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KPow90, Mar 25, 2021.

1. KPow90 Win User

MS Paint Causing Computer to Restart

My computer updated this morning. Now, when I'm in MS Paint not 3D and I go to format page, my computer crashes and restarts.

:)

KPow90, Mar 25, 2021

2. MS Paint not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to use Microsoft Paint on your PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed on the PC? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

In this scenario, we would suggest you to check if you are able to launch Microsoft Paint from System32 folder.

1. Press Windows + E key to open
      File/Windows Explorer

2. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32
    3. Double click on mspaint.exe
    4. If you are able to launch then Pin to Taskbar and
      create a shortcut.

If the issue persists then try these steps.

Step 1: Run DISM & SFC scan

We would also suggest you to run the DISM & SFC Scan tool to check if you are able to launch MS Paint, refer this article:
    System File Checker.

Step 2: Reinstall Microsoft Paint app.

1. Press Windows + I key to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & features
      from left pane.
    3. Click on Optional features and select
      Microsoft Paint from the list.
    4. Click on Uninstall. Close
      Settings
      and restart the PC.
    5. Now perform step 1 and 2.
    6. Click on Optional features and click
      Add a feature.
    7. Check the box beside Microsoft Paint and click on
      Install.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 25, 2021
  3. MS Paint

Hi Tawm,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

Method: 1

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Press windows key on the keyboard.
    • Type “Paint” & select the paint icon & hit enter.

Method: 2

• Press windows + R.
    • Type “MSpaint” hit enter.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Mar 25, 2021
  4. MS Paint Causing Computer to Restart

ms Paint

Hi,

There are several ways to remove MS Paint. Let's try deleting the app from its file location. Follow the steps below:

• Type mspaint.exe in the search bar.
    • Right-click on mspaint.exe, and select Open file location.
    • Press Delete on your keyboard.
    • Follow the next instructions to remove the program.
    Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Martin Bar, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

MS Paint Causing Computer to Restart

1. MS Paint Causing Computer to Restart - Similar Threads - Paint Causing Computer

2. MS Paint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Paint: My ultimate goal is to have a picture of me and cut me out of one picture and paste me in another picture as me as Santa... my granddaughter wants me to play Santa and we are going to have family pictures taken with Santa. I have been experimenting with other pictures and I...
  3. MS Paint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Paint: My ultimate goal is to have a picture of me and cut me out of one picture and paste me in another picture as me as Santa... my granddaughter wants me to play Santa and we are going to have family pictures taken with Santa. I have been experimenting with other pictures and I...
  4. MS PAINT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS PAINT: Can't create a windows shortcut without placing it on the task bar.No more CTRL - ALT - P as a hotkey ?So for MS Paint and notepad the options are just not there !I was able to get them to work somewhat creating copies of executable files and placing them on the desktop, but...
  5. MS PAINT

MS PAINT: Can't create a windows shortcut without placing it on the task bar.No more CTRL - ALT - P as a hotkey ?So for MS Paint and notepad the options are just not there !I was able to get them to work somewhat creating copies of executable files and placing them on the desktop, but...
  6. MS Paint

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Paint: Hello, I was happily scanning lots of images to my pc this morning. 300dpi JPEG's for an art project. This is the first time I've scanned to JPEG as I've only used my scanner for Pdf's in the past. The scanning became slow and it was only then I noticed that every scan...
  7. MS Paint

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Paint: How do I get MS Paint back in my wheel house? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-paint/f294c51c-ab6b-497a-8f11-f902cd862e63
  8. MS Paint

MS Paint: Make background transparent https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-paint/ae52fa0c-a8d3-4739-9443-0267e1b17763
  9. MS paint

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    MS paint: How can I use MS paint to make a cool Fortnite funny moments video thumbnail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-paint/8a5c6720-a179-4997-8420-32ad18098470"
  10. MS Paint

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MS Paint: How would I be able to reload an older version of ms paint on my computer? We are using a program that has conflicts with the new version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/ms-paint/396aac3f-f09a-41fa-94ea-b488ce4acf8d