Windows 10: MS Paint copy and paste

Discus and support MS Paint copy and paste in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since around the 12th August update I have had a problem with MS Paint (not the 3D version). Trying to copy and paste small areas of a picture still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cj241101, Sep 11, 2019.

1. cj241101 Win User

MS Paint copy and paste

Since around the 12th August update I have had a problem with MS Paint (not the 3D version). Trying to copy and paste small areas of a picture still works as before but not if you then want to move the pasted bit. Pasted bits below a certain number of pixels can't be moved to their desired location. The usual crosshairs no longer appear, just directional arrows. I have made extensive use of Paint for several years and have never encountered this problem before.

:)

cj241101, Sep 11, 2019
  2. elk117 Win User

How to copy and paste into Paint

Within Windows 2007 under start you had a list of installed programmes and features and under the title Accessories amongst other useful things you had Paint. There one could copy and paste text from a Word document and save it as a picture file but under
    the new paint how do you do the same thing? With the option of as new canvas I'm given the choice of copying a picture, draw etc but cannot see of find where I can copy and paste text.

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

elk117, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Cutting and copying in Paint greyed out

Hello Mary,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Paint greyed out option in Windows 10. We will certainly help you.

• How exactly are you opening the pictures in Paint?
    • Have you tried to copy and paste the pictures in paint and check?

We suggest you to once try copy the picture and then paste it in paint and check if you are able to use the cut option.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 11, 2019
  4. MS Paint copy and paste

Copy and Paste and Excel Document into Fresh Paint

How do I copy a selection of an excel spreadsheet and paste it into Fresh Paint? I use to be able to copy a section in Excel and then in MS Paint choose the Edit feature and paste it into a new document then save it as a jpeg. I can't seem to find out
    how to perform the same function in Fresh Paint! Help please!

herself4331, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

MS Paint copy and paste

1. MS Paint copy and paste - Similar Threads - Paint copy paste

2. Copy and Paste

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Copy and Paste: Why cant i copy and paste anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-and-paste/5eeab8d5-7e1b-440a-a38e-22b204d11b36
  3. Copy and Paste

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy and Paste: Copy and Paste.i have tried to fix this looking at you tube,i run through the programme as advised,i get to the end and no luck,can somebody please advise. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-and-paste/67121a41-eb34-4d7f-a6c5-a6f777d15af8
  4. Pasting image into Paint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pasting image into Paint: After recent Windows update, Microsoft Paint started pasting images from clipboard in reduced size/quality. Pasting the same image from the clipboard into Word document - pasts normal. I have been using Paint for 15 years every day, and only recently I ran into this problem....
  5. Copy and Paste

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy and Paste: When I try to copy and paste from a search to a file it won't paste but copy and paste to an email does. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-and-paste/ec847d43-e1d8-41e2-85ec-627b4a8fed5d"
  6. Copy + Paste

Copy + Paste: I was trying to copy and paste an information and I can not, I know with Ctrl + C and Ctrl V but I can not use it, I do not have a mouse on my Laptop. Is there another way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-paste/2d9b23d9-8956-4a01-b841-757120c3956d
  7. Copy&Paste

Copy&Paste: Hi There, I have come across a problem with note pad that whenever i want to copy paste some thing on to notepad it always says this: Retrieving data. Wait for a few seconds, then try cutting or copying again. I have so much work left to do and this is not something i...
  8. Copy and paste

Copy and paste: Sometimes I can copy and paste with microsoft word + , but when I am online other sites , I can not copy and paste . How do i fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/copy-and-paste/f366024b-492b-45b7-b087-951f1226a939
  9. Copy and paste

Copy and paste: Why am I having trouble pasting stuff to notepad, wordpad and open office. It just prints off in one long column and in the open office I get lines and can't type into it. Help appreciated. Kerry...
  10. Copy & Paste

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy & Paste: Something just recently changed in Windows 10. I can no longer use the PASTE shortcut CRTL+V. To paste anything, I must use the right click and then click on PASTE. I generally use COPY (CRTL_C) then CRTL+V and it is done. Does anyone know how to correct this so I can use the...