Windows 10: MS Paint - cut/paste issue

Discus and support MS Paint - cut/paste issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In MS Paint you can no longer move very small objects smaller than .3 inches square...about 6 mm square. I've seen a lot of posts without resolutions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TopazEast, Aug 14, 2022.

1. TopazEast Win User

MS Paint - cut/paste issue

In MS Paint you can no longer move very small objects smaller than .3 inches square...about 6 mm square. I've seen a lot of posts without resolutions that work. Microsoft, are you fixing this????

:)

TopazEast, Aug 14, 2022

2. Cutting and copying in Paint greyed out

Hello Mary,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Paint greyed out option in Windows 10. We will certainly help you.

• How exactly are you opening the pictures in Paint?
    • Have you tried to copy and paste the pictures in paint and check?

We suggest you to once try copy the picture and then paste it in paint and check if you are able to use the cut option.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 14, 2022
  3. Pasting a picture into Paint from <prt.Sc>

Hi Francene,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Paint to paste the screen shots on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What exactly are you referring to when you say: "This version doesn't appear"?
    • What happens when you press Ctrl+ V keys on Paint window?

Try the below steps and check if you are able to paste and save the screen shots on MS Paint.

• Try to access the picture you want to take the screen shot, press Print Screen
      button from the keyboard.
    • Open MS Paint by pressing Windows key, type
      paint and select MS Paint from the displayed options.
    • Press Ctrl + V keys to Paste the picture, later press
      Ctrl + S keys to Save the picture and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the brief description about this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 14, 2022
  4. MS Paint - cut/paste issue

MS Paint

Hi Tawm,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

Method: 1

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Press windows key on the keyboard.
    • Type “Paint” & select the paint icon & hit enter.

Method: 2

• Press windows + R.
    • Type “MSpaint” hit enter.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 14, 2022
Thema:

MS Paint - cut/paste issue

1. MS Paint - cut/paste issue - Similar Threads - Paint cut paste

2. Snipping Tool pastes on Paint but wont paste on MS Word. Also images pasted to paint wont...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool pastes on Paint but wont paste on MS Word. Also images pasted to paint wont...: Please see attached image for details.The snipping tool snips image, and once copied, it prints blank box on MS Word. But prints the image fine on Paint. Print screen also pastes fine on Paint, but same problem - it does not paste image on MS Word, just a blank box....
  3. MS Paint copy and paste

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Paint copy and paste: Hello, Ever since the new Windows 11 update, MS paint keep resizing my pictures. Everytime I copy a MS paint picture in MS powerpoint or MS word, my picture is smaller exactly 28%. Resizing it causes a loss in image quality. do not compress in advance options of MS powerpoint...
  4. MS Paint copy and paste

MS Paint copy and paste: Hello, Ever since the new Windows 11 update, MS paint keep resizing my pictures. Everytime I copy a MS paint picture in MS powerpoint or MS word, my picture is smaller exactly 28%. Resizing it causes a loss in image quality. do not compress in advance options of MS powerpoint...
  5. Windows 11: why doesn't latest MS Paint allow cut-and-paste?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: why doesn't latest MS Paint allow cut-and-paste?: I have a Windows 11 operating system, and for years, I've been using the MS Paint app, which I've always found to be convenient, easy, and reliable. However, this month Oct. 2023 my MS Paint somehow changed, probably because of some Microsoft updates. I've found this latest...
  6. Windows 11: why doesn't latest MS Paint allow cut-and-paste?

Windows 11: why doesn't latest MS Paint allow cut-and-paste?: I have a Windows 11 operating system, and for years, I've been using the MS Paint app, which I've always found to be convenient, easy, and reliable. However, this month Oct. 2023 my MS Paint somehow changed, probably because of some Microsoft updates. I've found this latest...
  7. MS Paint - cut/paste issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Paint - cut/paste issue: In MS Paint you can no longer move very small objects smaller than .3 inches square...about 6 mm square. I've seen a lot of posts without resolutions that work. Microsoft, are you fixing this????...
  8. MS Paint - cut/paste issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Paint - cut/paste issue: In MS Paint you can no longer move very small objects smaller than .3 inches square...about 6 mm square. I've seen a lot of posts without resolutions that work. Microsoft, are you fixing this????...
  9. 'Paste' function into MS Paint / and pointer

'Paste' function into MS Paint / and pointer: I have used Paint for years and tonight too and it was fine until just now; I can no longer paste a jpg into Paint by either using CTRL + V or by right - clicking the mouse. The image IS being picked up by CTRL+C as it pastes into e.g. Word but will not paste into Paint....
  10. MS Paint copy and paste

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Paint copy and paste: Since around the 12th August update I have had a problem with MS Paint (not the 3D version). Trying to copy and paste small areas of a picture still works as before but not if you then want to move the pasted bit. Pasted bits below a certain number of pixels can't be moved...