Windows 10: MS Paint error when using B&W colors mode and zooming in. "There is not enough memory or...

Discus and support MS Paint error when using B&W colors mode and zooming in. "There is not enough memory or... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I use an Acer Nitro 5 laptop with 8gb ram and SSD. Never had an issue like this one before, using MS Paint or any other program. It's happening always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Yohana Anailê, Jul 31, 2023.

1. MS Paint error when using B&W colors mode and zooming in. "There is not enough memory or...

I use an Acer Nitro 5 laptop with 8gb ram and SSD. Never had an issue like this one before, using MS Paint or any other program. It's happening always when I'm drawing and using the B&W mode, zoomed in the canvas. When not zoomed in, the erro doesn't appear.

:)

Yohana Anailê, Jul 31, 2023

2. B&W on MS paint....

Hello mcbrickyard! As someone who also uses digital drawing tools for illustrations I'd have to highlight the fact MS paint has some... downsides. Personally i'd suggest to use another program for that, possibly photoshop or even a free drawing software
    called Krita.

I hope I could be of assistance.

SonGoku'sSon, Jul 31, 2023
  3. B&W on MS paint....

Sorry, I should have mentioned it's built into Windows 10 and essentially the new Paint, called Paint 3D. Type it in Start search or check the Apps list from Start button.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jul 31, 2023
  4. MS Paint error when using B&W colors mode and zooming in. "There is not enough memory or...

MS Paint not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to use Microsoft Paint on your PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed on the PC? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

In this scenario, we would suggest you to check if you are able to launch Microsoft Paint from System32 folder.

1. Press Windows + E key to open
      File/Windows Explorer

2. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32
    3. Double click on mspaint.exe
    4. If you are able to launch then Pin to Taskbar and
      create a shortcut.

If the issue persists then try these steps.

Step 1: Run DISM & SFC scan

We would also suggest you to run the DISM & SFC Scan tool to check if you are able to launch MS Paint, refer this article:
    System File Checker.

Step 2: Reinstall Microsoft Paint app.

1. Press Windows + I key to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & features
      from left pane.
    3. Click on Optional features and select
      Microsoft Paint from the list.
    4. Click on Uninstall. Close
      Settings
      and restart the PC.
    5. Now perform step 1 and 2.
    6. Click on Optional features and click
      Add a feature.
    7. Check the box beside Microsoft Paint and click on
      Install.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 31, 2023
Thema:

MS Paint error when using B&W colors mode and zooming in. "There is not enough memory or...

1. MS Paint error when using B&W colors mode and zooming in. "There is not enough memory or... - Similar Threads - Paint error using

2. MS Paint crash when using text tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Paint crash when using text tool: MS Paint crashes when I click on the text tool. All other tools work fine. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, same result. Also, it happens no matter which file I choose to work on. Using Windows 11....
  3. MS Paint error when using B&W colors mode and zooming in. "There is not enough memory or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Paint error when using B&W colors mode and zooming in. "There is not enough memory or...: I use an Acer Nitro 5 laptop with 8gb ram and SSD. Never had an issue like this one before, using MS Paint or any other program. It's happening always when I'm drawing and using the B&W mode, zoomed in the canvas. When not zoomed in, the erro doesn't appear....
  4. MS Paint error when using B&W colors mode and zooming in. "There is not enough memory or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Paint error when using B&W colors mode and zooming in. "There is not enough memory or...: I use an Acer Nitro 5 laptop with 8gb ram and SSD. Never had an issue like this one before, using MS Paint or any other program. It's happening always when I'm drawing and using the B&W mode, zoomed in the canvas. When not zoomed in, the erro doesn't appear....
  5. Error in MS Paint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error in MS Paint: HiI have found an error in MS Paint, when adjusting the border of an image that has been zoomed out. If the whole image is not visible, dragging the corner inwards cuts off more of the image than it should.RegardsAngus Walker...
  6. Not enough memory error RAM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not enough memory error RAM: Hi,I really need to scan lots of documents but each time after it scans it won't save bc it says there isn't enough Ram memory. I have tried fixing it thru making the RAM file 3000 and also re-starting the computer. It will do one big scan and save and go back to saying not...
  7. MS Word says not enough memory to print

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MS Word says not enough memory to print: Hello, Today WORD says this error and refuses to print or doesn't show anything and just ignores command to print. We tried : Get-acl C:\Windows\fonts\arial.ttf | Set-Acl -path c:\windows\fonts\*.* Get-acl C:\Windows\fonts\arial.ttf | Set-Acl -path c:\windows\fonts Or...
  8. There is not enough memory or resources, MS Paint

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    There is not enough memory or resources, MS Paint: Hi all, I'm using Windows 10 x64 and when working on Paint, I get this error frequently. [img] I also went to the path: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Paint but don't know what do delete. 153191
  9. There is not enough memory or resources, MS Paint

in Windows 10 Support
    There is not enough memory or resources, MS Paint: Hi all, I'm using Windows 10 x64 and when working on Paint, I get this error frequently. [img] I also went to the path: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Paint but don't know what do delete. 153191
  10. In Win10 Msft Paint: tinting a b&w image

in Windows 10 Customization
    In Win10 Msft Paint: tinting a b&w image: I have a black and white graphic image and want to print it in green and white. How can that be done? Dave https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-win10-msft-paint-tinting-a-bw-image/b0463bdf-ab59-4721-97ea-42c7fa8cf35a