Windows 10: MS Paint - inaccurate pixel management problem after May '19 update

Discus and support MS Paint - inaccurate pixel management problem after May '19 update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So typically I use MS Paint frequently for basic image manipulation - ie. Copy/Paste duplication etc. However after the last software update, back in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cruTech3000, Jul 14, 2019.

1. MS Paint - inaccurate pixel management problem after May '19 update

So typically I use MS Paint frequently for basic image manipulation - ie. Copy/Paste duplication etc.

However after the last software update, back in May, the new features have significantly affected my ability to continue using this tool.
    Their focus, it appears, was to make it easier to draw freeform utilizing the keyboard arrows and various hotkeys. (Here's a link regarding the new features.)

My standard operation was to select a section of an image - copy/paste duplication - and then line up the copied selection next to the original with a 1pixel gap separating the two. I could accomplish this before by just nudging the duplication with the arrow keys, as it would only nudge the image by 1pixel, providing exceptional accuracy. Except now the arrow keys feel "looser" and are too inaccurate to make such precise manipulations. I tried holding shift - but even that nudges it by 2-3 pixel points at a time. What a frustrating issue.

If anyone knows of a way to change the MS Paint settings to force a 1-pixel nudge using the arrow keys (like the way it was before the May update) I would greatly appreciate your input. Thanks.
    -

:)

cruTech3000, Jul 14, 2019

2. MS Paint

Hi Tawm,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

Method: 1

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Press windows key on the keyboard.
    • Type “Paint” & select the paint icon & hit enter.

Method: 2

• Press windows + R.
    • Type “MSpaint” hit enter.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jul 14, 2019
  3. ms Paint

Hi,

There are several ways to remove MS Paint. Let's try deleting the app from its file location. Follow the steps below:

• Type mspaint.exe in the search bar.
    • Right-click on mspaint.exe, and select Open file location.
    • Press Delete on your keyboard.
    • Follow the next instructions to remove the program.
    Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Martin Bar, Jul 14, 2019
  4. CJIVIL Win User

MS Paint - inaccurate pixel management problem after May '19 update

Problem with MS Paint

Whenever I try to use the fill tool in paint to fill in a shape, it leaves lots of blank pixels around the edge between the line and the new fill color rather than filling them in. It looks awful and takes ages to fill in by hand. Is there any way to get
    paint to fill in the whole shape like it used to in Paint XP?

CJIVIL, Jul 14, 2019
Thema:

MS Paint - inaccurate pixel management problem after May '19 update

1. MS Paint - inaccurate pixel management problem after May '19 update - Similar Threads - Paint inaccurate pixel

2. problem with ms paint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with ms paint: When i use ms paint and try to crop and move certain objects the white bg came too and the removed area became blank, how do i fix it do i need to put layer or another bg before drawing? Thank you in advance...
  3. problem with ms paint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem with ms paint: When i use ms paint and try to crop and move certain objects the white bg came too and the removed area became blank, how do i fix it do i need to put layer or another bg before drawing? Thank you in advance...
  4. MS Paint Update Sucks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Paint Update Sucks: So, MS Paint just updated and the new update is horrible! Whenever I resize, flip, or rotate an image, it comes out bad. The lines lose their quality and become blurred all over the edges, ruining the fill tool's purpose a little and destroying my desires and creativity to...
  5. MS Paint update history?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS Paint update history?: Dear allWhere can I see the MS Paint update history? And a description / content of these updates?The MS Paint that is auto-included in Windows.On Wikipedia I can only see the lastest version / stable release.Thank you...
  6. Corrupted pixels in Paint 3D

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted pixels in Paint 3D: Hello, I've starting using Paint 3D to do some basic art, however, after saving and reopening a file, I noticed that some pixels are being "corrupted", changed to a similar color but not the same one. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] In the pictures above, you can see in the top right...
  7. Task Manager inaccurate?

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager inaccurate?: Hi I'm currently troubleshooting a Win10 laptop with an extremely slow startup and using Task Manger to see what's using the resources. Now according to Task Manager/Processes the disk is running at 99% but in the list there's less than 3Mb in use! So how is it giving me...
  8. Laptop performance degraded after May 19 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop performance degraded after May 19 Update: I updated my laptop to Windows 10 v1903 a week ago. After that, the performance of my system slowly started to degrade, browsers would lag, video players lag almost every 30 seconds or so, windows explorer is also slow. Yesterday, I installed a clean copy of Windows 10 v1809...
  9. Canon Printer Not Responding after May 19 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Canon Printer Not Responding after May 19 Update: I applied the May 2019 Windows Update to my PC yesterday and this morning my Canon IP7200 printer refused to print anything. Jobs just stuck in the print queue and any attempt to ascertain the printer status came back ‘printer not responding’. I tried re-installing the...
  10. May 19 Update and Modems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    May 19 Update and Modems: I read somewhere that there may be a problem with older modems in the 1903 update. I think it had to do with the network settings WEP/WPA/WPS or something like that but am not sure. Does this ring a bell with anyone? If so, could you direct me to an article that discusses...