Windows 10: MS Paint is here to stay in Windows 10

Discus and support MS Paint is here to stay in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; MS Paint fans rejoice: The original art app isn’t going anywhere – except to the Windows Store for free! [img] Today, we’ve seen an incredible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

MS Paint is here to stay in Windows 10

Source: MS Paint is here to stay - Windows Experience Blog

:)

Brink, Jul 24, 2017

2. Default app not working

I have set my default app/program for jpg files to Paint however, when I select a link in Excel to a picture with the .jpg file extension Internet Explorer keeps coming up rather than MS Paint. Is the "Paint" icon in Windows 10 actually MS Paint? I do
    have MS Paint pinned.

GreggSimon, Jul 24, 2017
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan, Jul 24, 2017
  4. MS Paint is here to stay in Windows 10

Good. I use it multiple times a day. Glad to see it's not going anywhere.

blackroseMD1, Jul 24, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    This decision is obviously a bs face saving decision as there is NO NEED to change anything at all. Now it just works without having to install anything (even in 10S) and now you have to install it.

What about its counterpart NOTEPAD. Why is that not undergoing the same bs?

cereberus, Jul 24, 2017
  6. swarfega Win User
    Well this is good news.

swarfega, Jul 24, 2017
  7. Awesome! Thanx for this information! Though I love Paint more as a native win32 app than a UWA app...

It is kind of good that most tools get moved to the Store instead of being included in the Setup Media. Makes installation faster and smaller. Only Windows native and service critical stuff should be included in Windows by default. What they should do however, is to stop pushing a ton of Store apps to fresh installs of Windows. I mean, what the heck am I doing with Minecraft Windows 10 Edition when all I want is Visual Studio and a database for source control and data/information collection? Seriously? But I guess I should purchase Windows 10 Enterprise in order to get rid of all the extra clutter!?!? I don't mind as it seems it is possible to buy one single licence at a time, even for private users. *Smile

Let's see how this one develops.

slicendice, Jul 24, 2017
  8. MS Paint is here to stay in Windows 10

That is great (NOT), because store apps do not work on my PC. I hope, that WInaero version will work forever.

TairikuOkami, Jul 24, 2017
  9. Tony K Win User
    Thanks for posting the article and link, Shawn. *Smile

It will be the same Paint Win32 program/app as before. It's just that it will be offered via the Store instead off being included in the Accessories folder. Other Win32 apps are offered via the Store now as well.

Why won't UWA apps run on your system?

Tony K, Jul 24, 2017
  10. I have strict security settings. Like Calc or Edge will crash upon launch.

TairikuOkami, Jul 24, 2017
  11. Berton Win User
    Is the security self-imposed or employer-imposed?

Berton, Jul 24, 2017
  12. meebers Win User
    Paint made the national news this morning, MS caved after multiple protests

meebers, Jul 24, 2017
  13. swarfega Win User

Its made the news everywhere, including our main news provider.

swarfega, Jul 24, 2017
  14. SLeee Win User
    whatever...

SLeee, Jul 24, 2017
  15. So if we have it already then it will vanish presumably when some kind of update hits our systems? And then to get it back we have to install it via store? Pretty annoying if that's the case, if it works just fine as it is then they should leave it alone

Scottyboy99, Jul 24, 2017
Thema:

1. MS Paint is here to stay in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Paint here stay

2. MS Paint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Paint: My ultimate goal is to have a picture of me and cut me out of one picture and paste me in another picture as me as Santa... my granddaughter wants me to play Santa and we are going to have family pictures taken with Santa. I have been experimenting with other pictures and I...
  3. MS Paint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Paint: My ultimate goal is to have a picture of me and cut me out of one picture and paste me in another picture as me as Santa... my granddaughter wants me to play Santa and we are going to have family pictures taken with Santa. I have been experimenting with other pictures and I...
  4. MS PAINT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS PAINT: Can't create a windows shortcut without placing it on the task bar.No more CTRL - ALT - P as a hotkey ?So for MS Paint and notepad the options are just not there !I was able to get them to work somewhat creating copies of executable files and placing them on the desktop, but...
  5. MS PAINT

MS PAINT: Can't create a windows shortcut without placing it on the task bar.No more CTRL - ALT - P as a hotkey ?So for MS Paint and notepad the options are just not there !I was able to get them to work somewhat creating copies of executable files and placing them on the desktop, but...
  6. Ms Paint Not opening windows 10

Ms Paint Not opening windows 10: Since the existing topic is CLOSED--yet NOT resolved, I've decided to open THIS topic.So, mspaint is NOT opening, whether or not it is run as administrator.Previous suggestions apparently did NOT resolve the issue I don't know why the topic was closed.Any more suggestions?As...
  7. MS Paint

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Paint: How do I get MS Paint back in my wheel house? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-paint/f294c51c-ab6b-497a-8f11-f902cd862e63
  8. MS Paint

MS Paint: Make background transparent https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-paint/ae52fa0c-a8d3-4739-9443-0267e1b17763
  9. MS paint

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    MS paint: How can I use MS paint to make a cool Fortnite funny moments video thumbnail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-paint/8a5c6720-a179-4997-8420-32ad18098470"
  10. MS Paint

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MS Paint: How would I be able to reload an older version of ms paint on my computer? We are using a program that has conflicts with the new version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/ms-paint/396aac3f-f09a-41fa-94ea-b488ce4acf8d