Windows 10: Ms Paint Not opening windows 10

Discus and support Ms Paint Not opening windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since the existing topic is CLOSED--yet NOT resolved, I've decided to open THIS topic.So, mspaint is NOT opening, whether or not it is run as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RobertDeMaree, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Ms Paint Not opening windows 10

Since the existing topic is CLOSED--yet NOT resolved, I've decided to open THIS topic.So, mspaint is NOT opening, whether or not it is run as administrator.Previous suggestions apparently did NOT resolve the issue I don't know why the topic was closed.Any more suggestions?As a side note, I've always been curious about why some sites CLOSE their topics? Do they think that NO ONE will EVER have that problem again?What if someone experiences that problem, yet has DIFFERENT questions? So, fifty thousand topics, all about the SAME thing are acceptable--because some "genius" decided th

:)

RobertDeMaree, Jun 22, 2021

2. MS Paint not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to use Microsoft Paint on your PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed on the PC? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

In this scenario, we would suggest you to check if you are able to launch Microsoft Paint from System32 folder.

1. Press Windows + E key to open
      File/Windows Explorer

2. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32
    3. Double click on mspaint.exe
    4. If you are able to launch then Pin to Taskbar and
      create a shortcut.

If the issue persists then try these steps.

Step 1: Run DISM & SFC scan

We would also suggest you to run the DISM & SFC Scan tool to check if you are able to launch MS Paint, refer this article:
    System File Checker.

Step 2: Reinstall Microsoft Paint app.

1. Press Windows + I key to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & features
      from left pane.
    3. Click on Optional features and select
      Microsoft Paint from the list.
    4. Click on Uninstall. Close
      Settings
      and restart the PC.
    5. Now perform step 1 and 2.
    6. Click on Optional features and click
      Add a feature.
    7. Check the box beside Microsoft Paint and click on
      Install.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 22, 2021
  3. I cannot open ms paint

I cannot open ms paint - the original one that came with Windows 10. It is still listed in System 32, but nothing happens when I click it.

LauraHordeski, Jun 22, 2021
  4. cereberus Win User

Ms Paint Not opening windows 10

MS Paint Recent Files

Here s a partial solution. Works for Windows 10 as well.

Paint - Delete Recent Pictures from List in Windows - Windows 7 Help Forums

This will clear it but of not disable list ie you would have to do again later etc.

cereberus, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

Ms Paint Not opening windows 10

1. Ms Paint Not opening windows 10 - Similar Threads - Paint opening

2. Paint cannot open files with spaces in filename anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Paint cannot open files with spaces in filename anymore: So just last night I noticed that my Microsoft Paint application stopped working. I could not reinstall it through the settings apps nor could I find it on the Microsoft store, so I had to make a risky move and reinstall it via a 3rd party website. Not only did this update...
  3. Paint cannot open files with spaces in filename anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint cannot open files with spaces in filename anymore: So just last night I noticed that my Microsoft Paint application stopped working. I could not reinstall it through the settings apps nor could I find it on the Microsoft store, so I had to make a risky move and reinstall it via a 3rd party website. Not only did this update...
  4. Paint cannot open files with spaces in filename anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Paint cannot open specific files anymore.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Paint cannot open specific files anymore.: So just last night I noticed that my Microsoft Paint application stopped working. I could not reinstall it through the settings apps nor could I find it on the Microsoft store, so I had to make a risky move and reinstall it via a 3rd party website. Not only did this update...
  6. Paint Shop Pro 7 not opening image with mouse double left click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint Shop Pro 7 not opening image with mouse double left click: Paint Shop Pro7 worked perfectly with Windows10. With Windows 11 if I double left click on a JPG, BMP or similar file it asks "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device". If I say yes it opens PSP but does not show the image. I...
  7. Paint Shop Pro 7 not opening image with mouse double left click

Paint Shop Pro 7 not opening image with mouse double left click: Paint Shop Pro7 worked perfectly with Windows10. With Windows 11 if I double left click on a JPG, BMP or similar file it asks "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device". If I say yes it opens PSP but does not show the image. I...
  8. Paint 3D is not opening is Windows 10-Even after Reset/Reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint 3D is not opening is Windows 10-Even after Reset/Reinstall: Hello, In my personal laptop, recently I reinstalled with windows 10 single language due to change of SSD. After this, Paint 3D is not opening/not starting. When I open the application paint 3D, for a short while the Paint 3D window appears like it opens in a while with new,...
  9. Paint 3D is not opening is Windows 10-Even after Reset/Reinstall

Paint 3D is not opening is Windows 10-Even after Reset/Reinstall: Hello, In my personal laptop, recently I reinstalled with windows 10 single language due to change of SSD. After this, Paint 3D is not opening/not starting. When I open the application paint 3D, for a short while the Paint 3D window appears like it opens in a while with new,...
  10. How to open an image in paint 3d from command line?

How to open an image in paint 3d from command line?: I have an image, "D:\Misc\1.jpg".I want to open/edit it in paint 3d, which is a windows store app, I think.I want to do that operation from command line. How to do that?I have tried the following with no success.mspaint "D:\Misc\1.jpg" /ForceBootstrapPaint3D ms-paint:...