Windows 10: MS Paint / Page Set up not working suddenly

Discus and support MS Paint / Page Set up not working suddenly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Suddenly, about 5 days ago, the Mircosoft Windows program "Paint" stopped functioning properly. Under the menu to print is a sub menu called "page Set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KellyD222, Sep 15, 2018.

1. KellyD222 Win User

MS Paint / Page Set up not working suddenly

Suddenly, about 5 days ago, the Mircosoft Windows program "Paint" stopped functioning properly. Under the menu to print is a sub menu called "page Set Up" which is of the most vital importance to the program. And it's just not working. It's there but doe snot open when I click on it. And this 3D program which everyone is trying to shove down my throat is pretty but does not have this "detailed" page set up...or even a page set up at all that I can see. There's a couple of random lousy settings when you try to print. That's it.

I have tried multiple tutorials to reinstall the program but I **don't have** the option to add or remove windows components. It's not there. In the list of programs, I see no Paint to repair. When I search for the actual file location of Paint and try to repair it that way, I'm told it cannot be repaired.

********Can anyone tell me if there is an easy fix to this missing page set up feature? Or a way I can download the program again or repair it? There's got to be someone out there that uses Paint and knows about the page set up feature.*******

I have done my windows updates to see if that makes a difference. I have restored to an earlier point. Nothing.

Trying to find controls and settings and specific features on this Windows 10 Home is absolutely ridiculous. Liek the darn screen saver. I mean really. Wow. I spend more time trying to find and fix stuff then actually enjoying my time on this PC. lol But the missing page set up feature is the last straw. I've been a loyal Windows user from the start, but I think I'm just too exhausted for this nonsense now.

:)

KellyD222, Sep 15, 2018

2. MS Paint

Hi Tawm,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

Method: 1

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Press windows key on the keyboard.
    • Type “Paint” & select the paint icon & hit enter.

Method: 2

• Press windows + R.
    • Type “MSpaint” hit enter.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Sep 15, 2018
  3. ms Paint

Hi,

There are several ways to remove MS Paint. Let's try deleting the app from its file location. Follow the steps below:

• Type mspaint.exe in the search bar.
    • Right-click on mspaint.exe, and select Open file location.
    • Press Delete on your keyboard.
    • Follow the next instructions to remove the program.
    Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Martin Bar, Sep 15, 2018
  4. cereberus Win User

MS Paint Recent Files

Here s a partial solution. Works for Windows 10 as well.

Paint - Delete Recent Pictures from List in Windows - Windows 7 Help Forums

This will clear it but of not disable list ie you would have to do again later etc.

cereberus, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

1. MS Paint / Page Set up not working suddenly - Similar Threads - Paint Page Set

2. MS Paint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Paint: My ultimate goal is to have a picture of me and cut me out of one picture and paste me in another picture as me as Santa... my granddaughter wants me to play Santa and we are going to have family pictures taken with Santa. I have been experimenting with other pictures and I...
  3. MS Paint page setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Paint page setup: I use Windows 10 Pro. I do a lot of printing from MS Paint to letter-size portrait layout with no margins. Every time I open a Paint window it defaults to landscape layout with 0.5 inch margins. Is there any way to modify default layout on Paint launch so I don't have to...
  4. MS Paint page setup

MS Paint page setup: I use Windows 10 Pro. I do a lot of printing from MS Paint to letter-size portrait layout with no margins. Every time I open a Paint window it defaults to landscape layout with 0.5 inch margins. Is there any way to modify default layout on Paint launch so I don't have to...
  5. MS PAINT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS PAINT: Can't create a windows shortcut without placing it on the task bar.No more CTRL - ALT - P as a hotkey ?So for MS Paint and notepad the options are just not there !I was able to get them to work somewhat creating copies of executable files and placing them on the desktop, but...
  6. MS Paint not working

MS Paint not working: Hello, I use paint a lot so save screenshots and sometimes edit them to hide information, recently I've been having some troubles with it. I clicked it to open but it doesn't do anything I opened the task manager and I had all the paint that supposedly I opened but I doesn't...
  7. MS Paint

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Paint: How do I get MS Paint back in my wheel house? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-paint/f294c51c-ab6b-497a-8f11-f902cd862e63
  8. MS Paint

MS Paint: Make background transparent https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-paint/ae52fa0c-a8d3-4739-9443-0267e1b17763
  9. MS paint

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    MS paint: How can I use MS paint to make a cool Fortnite funny moments video thumbnail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-paint/8a5c6720-a179-4997-8420-32ad18098470"
  10. MS Paint Change Page Setup Problems.

MS Paint Change Page Setup Problems.: If I change Page setup in MS Paint to Portrait I get the following message "Paint has stopped working A problem has caused the program to stop working Correctly etc etc......" This even happends if I just start Ms Paint and go straight to Print, Page Setup, Portrait...