Windows 10: MS Paint text box issue

Discus and support MS Paint text box issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When going to type on a text box on MS paint, I'd like to indent first and proceed with writing. I usually hit the tab button on my keyboard. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ActuallyNobody, Aug 31, 2019.

1. MS Paint text box issue

When going to type on a text box on MS paint, I'd like to indent first and proceed with writing. I usually hit the tab button on my keyboard. This always worked until today when I hit my keyboard's tab button and instead of the cursor moving to the right to indent, an arrow cursor appears on any of the tiny boxes (which one uses to click on and drag to change the size of the text box). This is annoying as I am not sure if it's my keyboard or a update on MS Paint (which is doubtful knowing it's pretty much obsolete in Microsoft's eyes)... any ideas???

:)

ActuallyNobody, Aug 31, 2019
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

Paint 3D Text Box Issue

Hi Ashley,

This issue may happen due to font and text box size conflict.

For us to better assist you, can you send us a screenshot? Click here
    for more information on how to include a screenshot on your post.

Also, as an initial troubleshooting step, try resetting the app from App & features:

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click Apps.
    • Select App & features.
    • Locate Paint 3D and click Advanced Options.
    • Click Reset.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Arjay Dom, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Paint 3D Text Box Issue

Hello,

Im working with 3D Paint & I am having issues with any text box I create, after I am done writing out my bit I click off the box to set permanently and only half the text appears, it always cuts the right half of the text off. Why is this happening? Im working
    with a .PNG image.

Please help, thanks!

Also why isnt there a Paint 3D option to select when posting a question?

AshleyFortin, Aug 31, 2019
  4. MS Paint text box issue

MS Paint

Hi Tawm,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

Method: 1

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Press windows key on the keyboard.
    • Type “Paint” & select the paint icon & hit enter.

Method: 2

• Press windows + R.
    • Type “MSpaint” hit enter.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

MS Paint text box issue

1. MS Paint text box issue - Similar Threads - Paint text box

2. Paint - Text box doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint - Text box doesn't work: Hi, I use Paint a lot for simple graphics, and the text box tool has stopped allowing carriage return and sometimes stops spacing too. When I hit carriage return the text freezes and the curser jumps to the edge of the text box. Any solutions? I'm on Windows 10....
  3. Paint - Text box doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint - Text box doesn't work: Hi, I use Paint a lot for simple graphics, and the text box tool has stopped allowing carriage return and sometimes stops spacing too. When I hit carriage return the text freezes and the curser jumps to the edge of the text box. Any solutions? I'm on Windows 10....
  4. Tab key doesn't 'tab' in MS Paint Text Box anymore - is there a fix?

Tab key doesn't 'tab' in MS Paint Text Box anymore - is there a fix?: Hi, Title says it all really. I use MS Paint a lot (ask my kids who think I'm mad). However, with the recent update of Windows (I believe the 'feature' appeared with v.1903), I can't TAB text anymore - indeed it is the subject of this thread on TenForums: New Microsoft...
  5. Tab key doesn't 'tab' in MS Paint Text Box anymore - is there a fix?

in Windows 10 Support
    Tab key doesn't 'tab' in MS Paint Text Box anymore - is there a fix?: Hi, Title says it all really. I use MS Paint a lot (ask my kids who think I'm mad). However, with the recent update of Windows (I believe the 'feature' appeared with v.1903), I can't TAB text anymore - indeed it is the subject of this thread on TenForums: New Microsoft...
  6. MS Paint Tab key grabs transform box in text editor...

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Paint Tab key grabs transform box in text editor...: I opened paint, fudged some keys and noticed when typing into a text box, the tab key now grabs the corners one by one of the transform box around the text editor. I have tried everything to solve this. Driver updates, plugged in different keyboards, downloaded paint 3D Tab...
  7. Text box issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Text box issues: I’m having problems typing my password in the text box for Wifi connection, It won’t let me type in the password , I’ve moved the cursor and clicked it in the text box both left and right and still nothing . Thanks...
  8. text box in Paint 3D

text box in Paint 3D: How do I access the text box I created in Paint 3D? I want to delete the text box https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-box-in-paint-3d/a7600acd-231d-4515-b6bf-4086b1bd814d
  9. Text not appearing in text box on Paint 3D

Text not appearing in text box on Paint 3D: When I try to create a text box on top of a photo, I get nothing - nada, zero, zilch. Here are the steps I'm taking: 1. right click on a jpeg file and select "edit with paint 3D" 2.click on "T" (text) at the top, hover over the area I want my text box and click again....
  10. 3D Paint Text Box Issue

3D Paint Text Box Issue: Hi, I'm having some issues with 3D paint? Every time I write a text and leave it to set, the text just disappears! I've tried resetting the app and computer, uninstalling and then installing the app again, but nothing works. xx, Hannah :)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Microsoft Paint issues