Windows 10: MS Paint Unsaved File Recovery?

Discus and support MS Paint Unsaved File Recovery? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I know this is crazy, but during a few important work calls last week I took screenshots - and out of habit - posted them to regular MS Paint in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by xz_422, Apr 9, 2020.

1. xz_422 Win User

MS Paint Unsaved File Recovery?

I know this is crazy, but during a few important work calls last week I took screenshots - and out of habit - posted them to regular MS Paint in a rush. I had about 10 different screenshots. I never saved them. I woke my computer up from sleep today they've been there for days and were gone.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to get them? I have a restore point to April 6, if I restore to that date will they show up again as open files is the restore point a pure screenshot of point in time?

Please help, thank you so much! and yes I know to do Windows + PrsntScrn now and other options, but I need help with the above.

I see this article:

https://mspoweruser.com/great-news-...ow-automatically-recover-your-unsaved-images/

How do I recover them?

:)

xz_422, Apr 9, 2020
  2. cereberus Win User

MS Paint Recent Files

Here s a partial solution. Works for Windows 10 as well.

Paint - Delete Recent Pictures from List in Windows - Windows 7 Help Forums

This will clear it but of not disable list ie you would have to do again later etc.

cereberus, Apr 9, 2020
  3. ms Paint

Hi,

There are several ways to remove MS Paint. Let's try deleting the app from its file location. Follow the steps below:

• Type mspaint.exe in the search bar.
    • Right-click on mspaint.exe, and select Open file location.
    • Press Delete on your keyboard.
    • Follow the next instructions to remove the program.
    Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Martin Bar, Apr 9, 2020
  4. MS Paint Unsaved File Recovery?

MS Paint

Hi Tawm,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

Method: 1

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Press windows key on the keyboard.
    • Type “Paint” & select the paint icon & hit enter.

Method: 2

• Press windows + R.
    • Type “MSpaint” hit enter.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

MS Paint Unsaved File Recovery?

1. MS Paint Unsaved File Recovery? - Similar Threads - Paint Unsaved File

2. unsaved document recovery?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unsaved document recovery?: Hello,my friend is trying to get an unsaved document on Microsoft word on her MacBook. Her laptop restarted randomly and the 10 pages of writing she had, all gone. Anything from after nov 29th is gone....
  3. unsaved document recovery?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unsaved document recovery?: Hello,my friend is trying to get an unsaved document on Microsoft word on her MacBook. Her laptop restarted randomly and the 10 pages of writing she had, all gone. Anything from after nov 29th is gone....
  4. unsaved document recovery?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to recover an unsaved ms paint project that glitched?

How to recover an unsaved ms paint project that glitched?: I was drawing on ms paint and was going around closing tabs so that the software would run more smoothly. I realised I closed the ms paint tab, which was strange because usually it goes "save before closing?". I know it was dumb not to save the project from the beginning, and...
  6. How to recover an unsaved ms paint project that glitched?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover an unsaved ms paint project that glitched?: I was drawing on ms paint and was going around closing tabs so that the software would run more smoothly. I realised I closed the ms paint tab, which was strange because usually it goes "save before closing?". I know it was dumb not to save the project from the beginning, and...
  7. How to recover an unsaved ms paint project that glitched?

8. MS Paint 3D - project file recovery

MS Paint 3D - project file recovery: MS paint kept crashing when I opened it. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and all my projects were gone!Is there any way to get them back. Are the files automatically backed up before uninstalling, if so tell me how to access them , or is there another way to get...
  9. recover unsaved ms paint work?

recover unsaved ms paint work?: I was working on a picture in MSpaint when my laptop ran out of battery and turned off. When I plugged it in and got back on the window was closed and my progress was gone. is there a way to recover it?...
  10. MS Paint Recent Files

MS Paint Recent Files: MS Paint keeps showing the last 9 files which were opened. Is there a way so that when I close the Paint, these files could automatically removed. I do not want to make a new user. Or if there is any other free program which is like MS Paint but have option to not to show...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unsaved paint files

2. how to recover unsaved ms paint files

3. unsaved paint after reboot

4. recover ms paint file,
  5. recover unsaved ms paint file in windows 10