Windows 10: MS Paint Update Sucks, Want to speak to someone about this

Discus and support MS Paint Update Sucks, Want to speak to someone about this in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The Windows 11 update of microsoft paint is horrible compared with win 2010 paint. Can we get the option for the earlier version?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Andre Pestilho, Jan 23, 2024.

1. MS Paint Update Sucks, Want to speak to someone about this

The Windows 11 update of microsoft paint is horrible compared with win 2010 paint. Can we get the option for the earlier version?

:)

Andre Pestilho, Jan 23, 2024

2. MS Paint Update Sucks, Want to speak to someone about this

So, MS Paint just updated and the new update is horrible! Whenever I resize, flip, or rotate an image, it comes out bad. The lines lose their quality and become blurred all over the edges, ruining the fill tool's purpose a little and destroying my desires and creativity to make pictures. Leaving a feedback doesn't seem to be effective, I feel. Microsoft has ruined the product I love to use... Is there a way to revert paint to a previous version or get an older paint program or something? If not, I want to speak with someone about this issue because I am greatly unsatisfied!!! I am not the only one complaining.

I would like to talk to someone in support about this and would like to know if there is a way to get the older versions back or at least fix the problem. I don't want to stop using paint......

Zachary Mandel, Jan 23, 2024
  3. MS Paint not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to use Microsoft Paint on your PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed on the PC? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

In this scenario, we would suggest you to check if you are able to launch Microsoft Paint from System32 folder.

1. Press Windows + E key to open
      File/Windows Explorer

2. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32
    3. Double click on mspaint.exe
    4. If you are able to launch then Pin to Taskbar and
      create a shortcut.

If the issue persists then try these steps.

Step 1: Run DISM & SFC scan

We would also suggest you to run the DISM & SFC Scan tool to check if you are able to launch MS Paint, refer this article:
    System File Checker.

Step 2: Reinstall Microsoft Paint app.

1. Press Windows + I key to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & features
      from left pane.
    3. Click on Optional features and select
      Microsoft Paint from the list.
    4. Click on Uninstall. Close
      Settings
      and restart the PC.
    5. Now perform step 1 and 2.
    6. Click on Optional features and click
      Add a feature.
    7. Check the box beside Microsoft Paint and click on
      Install.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 23, 2024
  4. MS Paint Update Sucks, Want to speak to someone about this

MS Paint

Hi Tawm,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

Method: 1

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Press windows key on the keyboard.
    • Type “Paint” & select the paint icon & hit enter.

Method: 2

• Press windows + R.
    • Type “MSpaint” hit enter.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jan 23, 2024
Thema:

MS Paint Update Sucks, Want to speak to someone about this

1. MS Paint Update Sucks, Want to speak to someone about this - Similar Threads - Paint Update Sucks

2. MS Paint Update Sucks, Want to speak to someone about this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Paint Update Sucks, Want to speak to someone about this: The Windows 11 update of microsoft paint is horrible compared with win 2010 paint. Can we get the option for the earlier version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-paint-update-sucks-want-to-speak-to-someone/29f588b5-328f-4592-8254-312a53d2531e
  3. Speak to someone

Speak to someone: Hello,I have been trying to speak to someone regarding a refund for a subscription i believe my son had mistakenly signed up for. I am having such a hard time trying to get this resolved. I have tried to request to speak to an agent, but it keeps saying i cannot be called at...
  4. Speak to someone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speak to someone: Hello,I have been trying to speak to someone regarding a refund for a subscription i believe my son had mistakenly signed up for. I am having such a hard time trying to get this resolved. I have tried to request to speak to an agent, but it keeps saying i cannot be called at...
  5. MS Paint Update Sucks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Paint Update Sucks: So, MS Paint just updated and the new update is horrible! Whenever I resize, flip, or rotate an image, it comes out bad. The lines lose their quality and become blurred all over the edges, ruining the fill tool's purpose a little and destroying my desires and creativity to...
  6. MS Paint Update Sucks

MS Paint Update Sucks: So, MS Paint just updated and the new update is horrible! Whenever I resize, flip, or rotate an image, it comes out bad. The lines lose their quality and become blurred all over the edges, ruining the fill tool's purpose a little and destroying my desires and creativity to...
  7. Speak with someone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speak with someone: I need to speak with someone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speak-with-someone/01157021-81d9-461c-85fa-887f9a20fde0
  8. Speak with someone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speak with someone: I need to speak with someone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speak-with-someone/01157021-81d9-461c-85fa-887f9a20fde0
  9. I need to speak with someone about a charge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to speak with someone about a charge: I need to speak to someone about a charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-speak-with-someone-about-a-charge/540bdaa3-4e10-486c-a521-2b9dd0b86007
  10. I need to speak with someone about a charge

I need to speak with someone about a charge: I need to speak to someone about a charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-speak-with-someone-about-a-charge/540bdaa3-4e10-486c-a521-2b9dd0b86007