Windows 10: MS Paint won't open?!

Discus and support MS Paint won't open?! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A day or two ago I discovered that MS Paint (not Paint 3D) will no longer open. I've tried double-clicking on images, on the shortcut in the Taskbar,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/curiousscribbler, Mar 6, 2020.

1. MS Paint won't open?!

A day or two ago I discovered that MS Paint (not Paint 3D) will no longer open. I've tried double-clicking on images, on the shortcut in the Taskbar, on the icon under WINDOWS > system32 -- you name it. I've tried editing the registry as per the page below, and looking under Apps > Optional Features (Paint doesn't appear anywhere there). What's weird is that, if I right-click on the Taskbar icon, I see a list of recent files which includes all the files I've tried to open! It's as though Paint is opening, but in another dimension. Help!

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/restore-classic-ms-paint-app-windows/

submitted by /u/curiousscribbler
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/curiousscribbler, Mar 6, 2020

2. ms Paint

Hi,

There are several ways to remove MS Paint. Let's try deleting the app from its file location. Follow the steps below:

• Type mspaint.exe in the search bar.
    • Right-click on mspaint.exe, and select Open file location.
    • Press Delete on your keyboard.
    • Follow the next instructions to remove the program.
    Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Martin Bar, Mar 6, 2020
  3. MS Paint

Hi Tawm,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

Method: 1

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Press windows key on the keyboard.
    • Type “Paint” & select the paint icon & hit enter.

Method: 2

• Press windows + R.
    • Type “MSpaint” hit enter.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Mar 6, 2020
  4. cereberus Win User

MS Paint won't open?!

MS Paint Recent Files

Here s a partial solution. Works for Windows 10 as well.

Paint - Delete Recent Pictures from List in Windows - Windows 7 Help Forums

This will clear it but of not disable list ie you would have to do again later etc.

cereberus, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

MS Paint won't open?!

1. MS Paint won't open?! - Similar Threads - Paint won't open

2. Paint 3d won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint 3d won't open: Paint 3D won't open at all for me.I've tried reinstalling it,I've checked for updates but nothing is working and the same thing has happened to my friends Paint 3D as well. We don't want to restart them because it says that it will delete all our creations and we don't want...
  3. Paint 3d won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint 3d won't open: Paint 3D won't open at all for me.I've tried reinstalling it,I've checked for updates but nothing is working and the same thing has happened to my friends Paint 3D as well. We don't want to restart them because it says that it will delete all our creations and we don't want...
  4. Opening MS Paint using Run function it does not open MS Paint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening MS Paint using Run function it does not open MS Paint: Hi so for i while now I am suffering from this problem when I try to open MS Paint with the Run function it does not open,there is nothing like the program not found this is the log in the event viewer:Faulting application name: mspaint.exe, version: 11.2110.0.0, time stamp:...
  5. Opening MS Paint using Run function it does not open MS Paint

Opening MS Paint using Run function it does not open MS Paint: Hi so for i while now I am suffering from this problem when I try to open MS Paint with the Run function it does not open,there is nothing like the program not found this is the log in the event viewer:Faulting application name: mspaint.exe, version: 11.2110.0.0, time stamp:...
  6. MS Paint not opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Paint not opening: Hello all,I'm using Windows 10 but MS Paint won't open when clicked in the taskbar, double-clicked from desktop, exec command, Windows search bar, etc. I tried opening the shortcut file as Administrator but nothing happened. There weren't any error messages appearing and...
  7. MS Paint not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Paint not opening: Hello all,I'm using Windows 10 but MS Paint won't open when clicked in the taskbar, double-clicked from desktop, exec command, Windows search bar, etc. I tried opening the shortcut file as Administrator but nothing happened. There weren't any error messages appearing and...
  8. MS Paint not opening

9. Paint 3D won't open.

Paint 3D won't open.: I was using paint 3Dand There was a glitch and I managed to add an extra custom colour, and then it crashed and now every time I try to open it the app shows the loading screen and then it closes the app....
  10. Paint : Remove "open paint 3d" within MS Paint

Paint : Remove "open paint 3d" within MS Paint: Hi, I have completely removed Paint 3D In MS Paint their is a option at the top that says "Open Paint 3D" how can i remove that? [img] 111166

Users found this page by searching for:

1. paint wont open

2. paint wont open windows 10

3. microsoft paint wont open

4. ms paint wont load