Windows 10: MS Pen Looses Connection

Discus and support MS Pen Looses Connection in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Surface Book 2 and just bought a MS Surface Pen. I have successfully connected it via Bluetooth to the PV, and have been able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cg5000, Feb 23, 2019.

1. cg5000 Win User

MS Pen Looses Connection

Hello,

I have a Surface Book 2 and just bought a MS Surface Pen.

I have successfully connected it via Bluetooth to the PV, and have been able to launch apps via one click or double click just fine.

However, when I switch to tablet mode, or undock my screen and re-dock it facing the other way, the computer looses connectivity to the pen.

Only when I remove the pen in the bluetooth settings and re-ad it while in either of the above configurations, does it regain connectivity and full functionality.

Switching back to normal PC configuration mode (non tablet mode, screen facing me), breaks connectivity once again. I must again, remove the pen and add it again to get it to reconnect.

The pen is the newest model - it is model M 1776 SC

:)

cg5000, Feb 23, 2019

2. Stylus pen

Hi,

It can be a compatibility issue between the pen and your tablet. We suggest that you visit the manufacturer of the Bamboo Ink pen for the list of devices that are compatible with the pen.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Feb 23, 2019
  3. dencal Win User
    touch pen not working

Open Settings, click on Devices then Bluetooth, turn on Bluetooth.
    Press and hold top button on pen until light flashes on side of pen.
    Surface Pen should then appear listed, tap on it to Connect.

dencal, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

MS Pen Looses Connection

Support for Pen with Windows Application Driver v1.1 Preview

Source: Announcing support for Pen with Windows Application Driver v1.1 - Preview available now - Windows Developer Blog

Brink, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

MS Pen Looses Connection

1. MS Pen Looses Connection - Similar Threads - Pen Looses Connection

2. Loosing WIFI connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Loosing WIFI connection: After updating to Win 10 v2004 I am loosing my internet connection, in fact I loose all wifi connections and cannot see any wifi connections. I have another PC which connect perfectly to the internet. When I reboot my laptop, I can see the wifi connections and connects...
  3. PC looses connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC looses connection: I'm not even sure that's an apt description. MWB worked seamlessly for a couple of weeks. Now, and I can't put my finger exactly on when, it will from time to time quit working. I'll switch from the host to the other pc both W10 -- different versions -- and the mouse /...
  4. MS Pen Loses Connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MS Pen Loses Connection: Hello, I have a Surface Book 2 and just bought a MS Surface Pen. I have successfully connected it via Bluetooth to the PV, and have been able to launch apps via one click or double click just fine. However, when I switch to tablet mode, or undock my screen and re-dock it...
  5. MS Pen Looses Connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MS Pen Looses Connection: Hello, I have a Surface Book 2 and just bought a MS Surface Pen. I have successfully connected it via Bluetooth to the PV, and have been able to launch apps via one click or double click just fine. However, when I switch to tablet mode, or undock my screen and re-dock it...
  6. MS Office 2007 loosing support

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS Office 2007 loosing support: I have MSWord 2007 and been using it for quite some time. I also have a legal copy of Office 2016 which I bought a few months ago. I don’t like 2016 as it is so much different with all its bells and whistles so I’m back to 2007. But sometime this year MS will discontinue...
  7. loosing ethernet connection on sleep

loosing ethernet connection on sleep: Soooo ... I have read a lot of posts on this subject but still not found an answer. I have 4 computers networked together .... two windows 7 units, one linux unit and one windows 10 unit. The problem is with the windows 10 unit. When it goes to sleep, I loose my...
  8. Loosing internet connection

Loosing internet connection: Odd issue, internet keeps disconnecting, sometimes only 15-30min between sometimes hours between. The wireless shows as connected and diagnostic doesnt help. only thing that helps is to disable and enable it OR wait for a few min and it usually comes back on its own....
  9. Laptop WiFi looses connection

Laptop WiFi looses connection: Hello: I use my Smartphone as a Hotspot, I have me Dell laptop set-up to connect to the Smartphone "Hotspot" and for several months I had no problems using the internet with this set-up. But in the last month, the few times I have worked with this set-up the Dell laptop...
  10. Loosing connection for a while

Loosing connection for a while: Hello. Iam loosing connection with an internet for a couple of seconds every time I connect to the VPN, Steam or starting a few other applications. I had this same problem with Win8 and now with fresh Win10 but not with Win7. What can cause this behavior? As you can see there...