Windows 10: MS Pen Loses Connection

Discus and support MS Pen Loses Connection in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Surface Book 2 and just bought a MS Surface Pen. I have successfully connected it via Bluetooth to the PV, and have been able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cg5000, Mar 5, 2019.

1. cg5000 Win User

MS Pen Loses Connection

Hello,

I have a Surface Book 2 and just bought a MS Surface Pen.

I have successfully connected it via Bluetooth to the PV, and have been able to launch apps via one click or double click just fine.

However, when I switch to tablet mode, or undock my screen and re-dock it facing the other way, the computer looses connectivity to the pen.

Only when I remove the pen in the bluetooth settings and re-ad it while in either of the above configurations, does it regain connectivity and full functionality.

Switching back to normal PC configuration mode (non tablet mode, screen facing me), breaks connectivity once again. I must again, remove the pen and add it again to get it to reconnect.

The pen is the newest model - it is model M 1776 SC

:)

cg5000, Mar 5, 2019
  2. cg5000 Win User

MS Pen Looses Connection

Hello,

I have a Surface Book 2 and just bought a MS Surface Pen.

I have successfully connected it via Bluetooth to the PV, and have been able to launch apps via one click or double click just fine.

However, when I switch to tablet mode, or undock my screen and re-dock it facing the other way, the computer looses connectivity to the pen.

Only when I remove the pen in the bluetooth settings and re-ad it while in either of the above configurations, does it regain connectivity and full functionality.

Switching back to normal PC configuration mode (non tablet mode, screen facing me), breaks connectivity once again. I must again, remove the pen and add it again to get it to reconnect.

The pen is the newest model - it is model M 1776 SC

cg5000, Mar 5, 2019
  3. cg5000 Win User
    MS Pen Looses Connection

Update - I see that the pen looses connectivity randomly now, even after pairing and not changing any configurations (as noted above)

cg5000, Mar 5, 2019
  4. MS Pen Loses Connection

Stylus pen

Hi,

It can be a compatibility issue between the pen and your tablet. We suggest that you visit the manufacturer of the Bamboo Ink pen for the list of devices that are compatible with the pen.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

MS Pen Loses Connection

1. MS Pen Loses Connection - Similar Threads - Pen Loses Connection

2. Losing connection but still connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Losing connection but still connected: A game I was playing randomly lost connection on my PC I was playing on so I closed it and opened my browser and that also wouldn’t connect but I also had another game open in the background which required a constant internet connection which was still working until I closed...
  3. Losing connection but still connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Losing connection but still connected: A game I was playing randomly lost connection on my PC I was playing on so I closed it and opened my browser and that also wouldn’t connect but I also had another game open in the background which required a constant internet connection which was still working until I closed...
  4. connection lose

connection lose: hello I need help every time i dont have my laptop charger plugged in i loose connection but when i have it plugged in i dont loose connection and youtube is not helping https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connection-lose/055cb0b6-e430-4eb7-b32a-abdad7969e4e
  5. MS Pen Looses Connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MS Pen Looses Connection: Hello, I have a Surface Book 2 and just bought a MS Surface Pen. I have successfully connected it via Bluetooth to the PV, and have been able to launch apps via one click or double click just fine. However, when I switch to tablet mode, or undock my screen and re-dock it...
  6. MS Pen Looses Connection

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Pen Looses Connection: Hello, I have a Surface Book 2 and just bought a MS Surface Pen. I have successfully connected it via Bluetooth to the PV, and have been able to launch apps via one click or double click just fine. However, when I switch to tablet mode, or undock my screen and re-dock it...
  7. Losing Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Losing Connection: Hi, I'm having problem with the internet connection. Everytime I play an online game, I will lost internet connection after about 5 - 10 minutes into the game and it happens ever single time. The wifi suddenly switch off, and after 15 - 20 seconds it turns back on itself but...
  8. Losing connection

Losing connection: Hi, Hopefully some kind sole will be able to help me. I had a problem with windows 10 pro in that it wouldn't let you view any you tube video plus a few other issues. So I decided to do a clean install which was successful apart from when I use windows explorer which after...
  9. losing MS Word

in Windows 10 Support
    losing MS Word: I don't want anything to do with MS Word. I have Word Perfect on my computer. Every document wants to open in MS Word. I know how to click a document, then right click, and then choose Word Perfect, but I don't want to go through all that every time I want to open a document....
  10. Lose use of my USB pen & tablet

in Windows 10 Support
    Lose use of my USB pen & tablet: Since upgrading to Windows 10, I lose use of my Monoprice pen & tablet fairly often after a system restart. Generally this if fixed by unplugging my tablet from the upper system USB port: I get use of the pen back when I plug it back in. But this is annoying since it...