Windows 10: MS photo app. can't delete pictures.

Discus and support MS photo app. can't delete pictures. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just downloaded pictures from a backup disc to my new computer. I can't delete individual pictures. Do I have to uninstall the app? can't find any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DwayneGronquist, Jul 3, 2019.

1. MS photo app. can't delete pictures.

I just downloaded pictures from a backup disc to my new computer. I can't delete individual pictures. Do I have to uninstall the app? can't find any 'settings' to help correct the problem.

:)

DwayneGronquist, Jul 3, 2019
  2. Marby Rey Win User

why does the photos app pickup face book pictures?

Hi Dale,

Photos app only serves as a viewer for your Photos on your Facebook account. It will only save on your computer if you download it manually. To address your concern about deleting photos, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open the Photos app.
    • Select the photos you wish to delete by clicking the checkbox on the photo.
    • Click the Delete icon at the top right corner of the window.

Feel free to ask back any question and let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Jul 3, 2019
  3. tincanguy Win User
    Transferring pictures from MS Photo gallery to Photos in Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestions. While exporting MS Photo Gallery contents to the Windows 10 Photo App can't be done directly, I stumbled on a way to do it indirectly.

1) Open MS Photo Gallery

2) Click on "select all"

3) Click on "OneDrive". A page titled "Publish on OneDrive" will appear

4) Choose and enter a title in the blank

5) Click on "Publish"

I followed the above procedure and after the nearly one hour it took to download 2298 pictures, voila, they all appeared in the Windows 10 Photo app!

tincanguy, Jul 3, 2019
  4. MS photo app. can't delete pictures.

Photo App displaying deleted folder pictures on Windows 10.

Hi Mike,

The above issue might have occur due to the following reasons:

• Photos stored on OneDrive
    • Duplicate of the picture file saved on the computer.
    • Corrupted/missing app files & folders.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Do you have duplicates of the deleted picture stored on the PC?
    • Have you stored the deleted picture folder on OneDrive?

If you have saved a copy of deleted picture folder on the computer, the photos will be displayed if
    Linked duplicates option is switched to On status in
    Photo app.

Method 1: Follow the steps below to disable
    Linked duplicates option from Photo app and check if the issue is resolved.

• Open Photo app and click on Settings or
      gear icon from the left bottom corner of the app window.
    • From the right side panel, check if Linked duplicates option is switched to
      On status. If yes, slide the bar to Off and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persists, run
    Windows apps troubleshooter to check if the any of the app files are missing or corrupted.

In many cases, the Windows Store will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, this tool can automatically identify and fix some problems
    with apps and the Store.

Write to us with the status of the Photo app displaying deleted pictures on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

MS photo app. can't delete pictures.

1. MS photo app. can't delete pictures. - Similar Threads - photo app can't

2. Can't delete multiple photos in app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete multiple photos in app: Hey everyone. I have a strange problem. I take lots of photos of my family. I then upload them to my computer and use the built-in photo app to review them, deleting the ones I don't like.I have found that as I scroll through the photos using the left-right arrows, I can...
  3. Can't delete multiple photos in app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete multiple photos in app: Hey everyone. I have a strange problem. I take lots of photos of my family. I then upload them to my computer and use the built-in photo app to review them, deleting the ones I don't like.I have found that as I scroll through the photos using the left-right arrows, I can...
  4. Storing pictures in MS Photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storing pictures in MS Photos: I sought an answer to this question before but perhaps I didn't word it well.I am scanning a collection of photographs that was years in the making, and I want to store them in several folders my choosing. I don't want the app to decide where to place them. Can this be done?...
  5. Storing pictures in MS Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storing pictures in MS Photos: I sought an answer to this question before but perhaps I didn't word it well.I am scanning a collection of photographs that was years in the making, and I want to store them in several folders my choosing. I don't want the app to decide where to place them. Can this be done?...
  6. Storing pictures in MS Photos

7. photos app and pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos app and pictures: Why is it that the photos app duplicates photos into the pictures files? who needs that? The problem is that you cannot move photos to the pictures file or make new folders or choose where you want your pictures to go as it used to be. And why in the world are there two...
  8. photos app and pictures

photos app and pictures: Why is it that the photos app duplicates photos into the pictures files? who needs that? The problem is that you cannot move photos to the pictures file or make new folders or choose where you want your pictures to go as it used to be. And why in the world are there two...
  9. Unable to delete pictures from Photos app

Unable to delete pictures from Photos app: I just downloaded pictures from a backup disc to my new computer. I can't delete individual pictures. Do I have to uninstall the app? can't find any 'settings' to help correct the problem. ***Modified title from: MS photo app. can't delete pictures.***...
  10. Windows 10 deleting Photos app, loss of pictures

Windows 10 deleting Photos app, loss of pictures: Tired of the ***** "automatic album", the impossibility to watch the album i create like regular photos and not as a stupid presentation, despered for not easily copy all the pictures on my external device, so i can finally manged my pics as i ***** want, i delete the *****...