Windows 10: MS Photo in Win10 SaveAs Error

Discus and support MS Photo in Win10 SaveAs Error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I converted and saved several HEIC files to BMP files using MS Photo app. Much to my surprise, MS Photo saves the HEIC file and just replaces the .heic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JosephDepp, Jun 23, 2022.

1. MS Photo in Win10 SaveAs Error

I converted and saved several HEIC files to BMP files using MS Photo app. Much to my surprise, MS Photo saves the HEIC file and just replaces the .heic with .bmp. To verify, I did a WinDiff comparing both files and they are identical. Naturally, any program that takes BMP files as input cannot use a BMP file created from an HEIC file by MS Photo.I then used MS Paint to open the HEIC file and save it as a BMP file. That conversion seems to work OK except that the color conversion leaves much to be desired.Any comments from MS?

:)

JosephDepp, Jun 23, 2022

2. Adding photos to Win10 outlook contact list....

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

A quick question before proceeding:

What do you mean by ‘Adding photos to Win10 outlook contact list’?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to add photos to the contact list.

1. Go to people app.

2. Right click on contacts

3. Click edit to add photos to the contacts on People app.

Hope the above information helps. Reply if you need more assistance and I'll be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 23, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    Link to MS Photos required.

Windows Photos Viewer is an oddity; as I suggested, find a free downloadable image viewer you like, and use that.

One random list: (there are many such)
    18 Best Free Image Viewer Software

I use a program in building my family tree- it lets me use an external viewer- simply whatever is set as default. Here you can see it displays the image in Photoviewer. I imagine Vuescanner requires you to specify the path literally.

MS Photo in Win10 SaveAs Error [​IMG]

dalchina, Jun 23, 2022
  4. kormath Win User

MS Photo in Win10 SaveAs Error

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done MS Photo in Win10 SaveAs Error :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

MS Photo in Win10 SaveAs Error

1. MS Photo in Win10 SaveAs Error - Similar Threads - Photo Win10 SaveAs

2. MS Photo app error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Photo app error: My Windows 11 MS Photo app will not download photos from camera to computer. Shows only icon of mountains. Photo files are JPG and are on SD card. Sometimes get an error message that says cannot open and have tried the following per MS recommendations... reboot, reset and...
  3. MS Photo app error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Photo app error: My Windows 11 MS Photo app will not download photos from camera to computer. Shows only icon of mountains. Photo files are JPG and are on SD card. Sometimes get an error message that says cannot open and have tried the following per MS recommendations... reboot, reset and...
  4. Where is ms windows photos in win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is ms windows photos in win10?: I need the exact path. I want to associate all webp file to open there instead. I found nothing in program files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-ms-windows-photos-in-win10/8bb29946-64e0-4b39-a542-10c5877595dd
  5. Where is ms windows photos in win10?

Where is ms windows photos in win10?: I need the exact path. I want to associate all webp file to open there instead. I found nothing in program files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-ms-windows-photos-in-win10/8bb29946-64e0-4b39-a542-10c5877595dd
  6. MS Photo in Win10 SaveAs Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Photo in Win10 SaveAs Error: I converted and saved several HEIC files to BMP files using MS Photo app. Much to my surprise, MS Photo saves the HEIC file and just replaces the .heic with .bmp. To verify, I did a WinDiff comparing both files and they are identical. Naturally, any program that takes BMP...
  7. MS Photos

MS Photos: I am suddenly having problems opening my photo files as thumbnails, tried to repair MS Photos, but no help, no option to delete and reload but no option to do this. Any fix would be appreciated...
  8. MS Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Photos: Hello,I went to settings and stopped OneDrive from copying my Pictures Library. When I go to Photos and look at the pictures, how do I know if they are the ones on OneDrive or they are solely on my PC?Thank you...
  9. MS Photos

MS Photos: Hello,I went to settings and stopped OneDrive from copying my Pictures Library. When I go to Photos and look at the pictures, how do I know if they are the ones on OneDrive or they are solely on my PC?Thank you...
  10. MS Photos

MS Photos: I adjust my photos on an SD card using MS Photos. Before a recent update? I could click on 'Save a Copy' and up would pop the folder directory of my laptop and I could save to my specified folder for adjusted photos. Now I click 'Save a Copy' and a copy is automatically saved...