Windows 10: MS Photos Compresses photos

Discus and support MS Photos Compresses photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; 11mb to 2.6mb, did nothing to photo. Dimensions remain the same. 6000 x 4000. [IMG][ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by qkrick nonya, Dec 17, 2018.

1. MS Photos Compresses photos

11mb to 2.6mb, did nothing to photo. Dimensions remain the same. 6000 x 4000.

MS Photos Compresses photos [​IMG] MS Photos Compresses photos 47598a6a-c663-41fd-a0b1-047a8eaa4939?upload=true.png

:)

qkrick nonya, Dec 17, 2018

2. Photo Compression

It's great having a 5 mega-pixel camera on my phone, except for the fact that because the photos are too highly compressed to be any good.

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/976/photocompare.jpg

Same photo, different cameras.

Okay, I know that probably no phone camera will ever as good as a dedicated product but seriously.. the figures suggest a 2.5x compression ratio.

Any way to switch this compression off?

Thanks.

CarlW---01, Dec 17, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    New Memorex Mirror for Photos Simplifies Photo Backup

Today’s consumers are looking for simple technology solutions that allow them to swiftly and safely back up their ever-growing digital photo collection. With a quick, one-time software installation, the Memorex Mirror for Photos external hard drive automatically backs up photos when connected to the computer without having to open numerous settings, dialogs or having to navigate multiple menus.

Mirror for Photos is a fast, smart and maintenance-free method of backing up photos and takes the guesswork out of protecting one’s precious memories. Its built-in software automatically runs each time the device is connected to a PC or MAC, finds photos and backs them up. This eliminates the hassle of manually backing up photos each time they are uploaded on a computer. A unique monitoring feature detects when new photos are present and reminds the user to connect Mirror for Photos.

MS Photos Compresses photos 116a_thm.jpg

“As people’s digital libraries continue to grow, they understand how critical it is to preserve those moments, yet are often intimidated with the notion of backing up,” said Jess Walton, Memorex brand manager. “Mirror for Photos provides even non tech-savvy users with a quick, simple and maintenance-free method for backing up and protecting precious memories.”

Mirror for Photos’ compact, space-saving design – at 3x5x1/2 inches – also eliminates the need for power cords, thanks to its simple USB-bus powered connection. The product’s user-inspired packaging also boasts easy-to-understand icons that convey product features, attributes and applications.

Memorex Mirror for Photos is available in three sizes, 320GB, 500GB and 640GB, or an estimated capacity of 64,000, 100,000 and 128,000 high-resolution photos* respectively. Mirror for Photos (320GB model) is currently available at Toys“R”Us. Suggested retail prices for capacities are:
    • $79.99 for the 320GB Mirror for Photos
    • $99.99 for the 500GB Mirror for Photos
    • $119.99 for the 640GB Mirror for Photos

btarunr, Dec 17, 2018
  4. CargoX Win User

MS Photos Compresses photos

Windows 7 Will Not Include Email, Photo and Movie Programs

I think people missed that MS did not say "Internet" in the program list. Just Email, Photo, Movie.

CargoX, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

MS Photos Compresses photos

1. MS Photos Compresses photos - Similar Threads - Photos Compresses photos

2. Photo Resizing and Compressing Techniques

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Resizing and Compressing Techniques: Photo Resizing and Compressing Techniques that are used to compress and resizing image to complete task is php https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-resizing-and-compressing-techniques/464270d7-71a2-4141-ab44-aee53e1ceaed
  3. Photo Resizing and Compressing Techniques

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Resizing and Compressing Techniques: Photo Resizing and Compressing Techniques that are used to compress and resizing image to complete task is php https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-resizing-and-compressing-techniques/464270d7-71a2-4141-ab44-aee53e1ceaed
  4. Photo Resizing and Compressing Techniques

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. MS Photos.

MS Photos.: I am sure I could search 'MS Photos' with a description.......ie... search 'Birds' and all images of birds were revealed.Now it only displays images where the search word is in the title.I also use 'Pictures' and now find that this programme now does search for specific items...
  6. MS Photos

MS Photos: I am suddenly having problems opening my photo files as thumbnails, tried to repair MS Photos, but no help, no option to delete and reload but no option to do this. Any fix would be appreciated...
  7. MS Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Photos: Hello,I went to settings and stopped OneDrive from copying my Pictures Library. When I go to Photos and look at the pictures, how do I know if they are the ones on OneDrive or they are solely on my PC?Thank you...
  8. MS Photos

MS Photos: Hello,I went to settings and stopped OneDrive from copying my Pictures Library. When I go to Photos and look at the pictures, how do I know if they are the ones on OneDrive or they are solely on my PC?Thank you...
  9. Photo Viewer Image Compression

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Viewer Image Compression: Hi,Does the Windows Photo Viewer automatically compress pictures to edit them? I took some portraits for my niece that I'd like to edit, but it's compressing them from a large file to a small one, which I don't want. Ex. The picture starts out as 7.8MB & ends up as 1MB.I know...
  10. MS Photos

MS Photos: I adjust my photos on an SD card using MS Photos. Before a recent update? I could click on 'Save a Copy' and up would pop the folder directory of my laptop and I could save to my specified folder for adjusted photos. Now I click 'Save a Copy' and a copy is automatically saved...