Windows 10: MS Photos delete button does not work

Discus and support MS Photos delete button does not work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've spent the last hour or so going through old photos and deleting unwanted ones. I noticed after my first run through (20 mins or so) that despite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SenilityNow, Jul 6, 2019.

1. MS Photos delete button does not work

I've spent the last hour or so going through old photos and deleting unwanted ones. I noticed after my first run through (20 mins or so) that despite pressing delete and enter to confirm delete, the photos are still there!

I "repair"ed the app in Apps and Features, then I "Restart"ed the app. I saw these solutions posted in a complaint about this issue from 2015! I reset my machine, also suggested, and I used space bar to confirm the delete.

The spacebar solution worked! So I cracked on using that method, only to go back into the folder of photos to find that this worked on only the first 5 or 10 photos. The rest were still there, rendering another half an hour of work useless!

Microsoft, this has clearly been an issue since 2015 at least. Fancy solving it for us?

:)

SenilityNow, Jul 6, 2019

2. Photos / Edit Stopped Working

This seems to be a hiccup with the application's software. What you can try is to do the following steps which will reset the internal state of the Photo app:

• Press Windows button + R.
    • Type: %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
    • Delete all the contents of that folder

Let us know if this suggestion helped.

Regene Jos, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 6, 2019
  4. MS Photos delete button does not work

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

MS Photos delete button does not work

1. MS Photos delete button does not work - Similar Threads - Photos delete button

2. MS Family safety button not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Family safety button not working?: Hi, I've been having some trouble with the requesting access feature on MS's Family safety system.When I click the request access button, it redirects me to the same page and doesn't send the e-mail to my parents, i've tried clearing my search history like another thread...
  3. Delete button and icon do not work in Microsoft Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete button and icon do not work in Microsoft Photos: I'm viewing photos uploaded to my S: drive, however, I cannot quickly go through them and delete them using the DEL key on the keyboard or even by using the icon within Microsoft Photos. How can I get these two functions enabled?The issue seems to be specifically related to...
  4. Delete button and icon do not work in Microsoft Photos

Delete button and icon do not work in Microsoft Photos: I'm viewing photos uploaded to my S: drive, however, I cannot quickly go through them and delete them using the DEL key on the keyboard or even by using the icon within Microsoft Photos. How can I get these two functions enabled?The issue seems to be specifically related to...
  5. Missing Edit & Create button in MS Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Edit & Create button in MS Photos: I have upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 and now the Edit & Create button no longer exists in MS Photos. I have checked that Windows is fully updated and there is no reason I can see for it. The file is on my PC's drive and not One Drive. Any ideas how to fix as I am regretting...
  6. Missing Edit & Create button in MS Photos

Missing Edit & Create button in MS Photos: I have upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 and now the Edit & Create button no longer exists in MS Photos. I have checked that Windows is fully updated and there is no reason I can see for it. The file is on my PC's drive and not One Drive. Any ideas how to fix as I am regretting...
  7. Start button does not work after MS November 2020 updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button does not work after MS November 2020 updates: Some Microsoft Office and Windows update were applied and installed today on my company PC that were released from November 2020. After the first four were installed and required a reboot, my START button will not respond to anything when I click on it. I can only RIGHT...
  8. MS Photos are not working,

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS Photos are not working,: MS Photos are not working, it will not let me download with a good email account. I went to CMD and follow the command to remove it and then go to the store to download. I click on Get and ask for the email address and it states the account is is not good....
  9. Windows 10 Photo inactive "Delete" button

Windows 10 Photo inactive "Delete" button: My problem is the "Delete" button in Photo app is greyed out and unclickable. -> https://prnt.sc/v0krvg I try to delete images in C:\Users\%my username%\AppData\Roaming\ while viewing them in Photos app. In other folders outside "AppData" everything seems fine, "Delete"...
  10. Windows 10, Delete button in Yahoo mail does not work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, Delete button in Yahoo mail does not work.: windows 10. HELP PLEASE yahoo mail taskbar seems to be disabled and delete button for email does not work.. Can't find how to enable task bar....