Windows 10: MS Photos favours one daughter

Discus and support MS Photos favours one daughter in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have two daughters, and a lot of photos of them, together and separately. MS Photo has identified one daughter in over 3000 photos. And the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarkBastable, Nov 8, 2018 at 12:47 PM.

1. MarkBastable Win User

MS Photos favours one daughter

I have two daughters, and a lot of photos of them, together and separately.

MS Photo has identified one daughter in over 3000 photos.

And the other in about 120.

When they are both together, it seems to identify only one daughter, and always the same one.

How do I tell it to go back through all those pictures and identify the other daughter?

:)

MarkBastable, Nov 8, 2018 at 12:47 PM
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done MS Photos favours one daughter :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

3. CargoX Win User
    Windows 7 Will Not Include Email, Photo and Movie Programs

I think people missed that MS did not say "Internet" in the program list. Just Email, Photo, Movie.

4. Rose Cal Win User

Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Thema:

1. MS Photos favours one daughter - Similar Threads - Photos favours daughter

2. Saving movies in MP4 in MS Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving movies in MP4 in MS Photos: On windows 10; I have an .MOV file that I open in Photos. I don't need to edit it at all I simply want to save it as an MP4 file. How do I do that?...
  3. Photos in Photos application on One Drive and not C:

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Photos in Photos application on One Drive and not C:: The Photos application in Windows 10 stores photos on the C: drive or another local drive that you specify. I've installed an additional memory card on my Surface Pro 2017 but ideally the Photos application would store photos on One Drive and download them as needed (files...
  4. Microsoft photos and one drive

Microsoft photos and one drive: Help. I went to scan a document and my scanner said it had a problem with Onedrive and Microsoft Photos. It told me to uninstall Onedrive and try again I did this nothing changed. So this time I got a message saying it was a problem with Microsoft Photos to uninstall and try...
  5. NEXT PIACTURE IN MS PHOTOS

NEXT PIACTURE IN MS PHOTOS: To make MS photos show me the next arrow, I copied all of my photos from the original folder. Made a new folder and pasted all of my photos into it. Deleted the original folder and replaced it with the new folder and now I get the next arrow....
  6. Ransomware Daughters Computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ransomware Daughters Computer: Daughters computer has some kind of Ransomware virus on it. It has set the computers clock back, if you try to navigate to any website a fake Windows Defender web page appears. There is a "Microsoft" phone number and an audio suggestion you call the number. It is on my...
  7. Want to Give Laptop to Daughter

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Want to Give Laptop to Daughter: I have a laptop that I want to give to my daughter. I figure the process should be easy enough. BUT: I don't want my account on the computer any more, and I'd like to make sure that she can use the copy of Microsoft Office installed on the PC. Is this possible? I have...
  8. MS Photos quit working right

MS Photos quit working right: Photos app in win 10 quit letting me sort the new photos from the camera memory card by the present date. It wants to download everything on the card including current pictures but won't put them on top of the list. (jumbles them up now). 109139
  9. BSOD Daughter's Comp

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Daughter's Comp: Here is the zip file from my daughter's computer. She has experienced the BSOD several times. Attachment 127174 80523
  10. Giving up Acronis in favour of FREE AOMEI

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Giving up Acronis in favour of FREE AOMEI: Hi there I've been trying out the FREE version of AOMEI backup -- seems to have everything I need including Differentials / incrementals , explore Images, disk / partition / file backup restore / image checking, Linux partitions etc. Can also disable VSS when running on...