Windows 10: MS Photos: Imported pics not going into month folder

Discus and support MS Photos: Imported pics not going into month folder in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After yesterday's Windows 10 update 2004?, photos imported from my camera aren't going into the appropriate month folder 2020-12. Have I lost a setting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WillHaines1, Dec 5, 2020.

1. MS Photos: Imported pics not going into month folder

After yesterday's Windows 10 update 2004?, photos imported from my camera aren't going into the appropriate month folder 2020-12. Have I lost a setting or has this feature been discontinued?

System up to date except for optional quality update.

:)

WillHaines1, Dec 5, 2020

2. Trouble importing photos with windows 10

Not a solution but a fix.

The problem appears to lie with the way MS have set up the Pictures folder. I've tried changing permissions but it did no good at all. So:

• I created a new folder "Photos and Pics" as a subfolder of Documents.
    • I copied all my folders from "Pictures" to "Photos and Pics". This required giving approval to copy each folder!
    • Inserted SD card. Loaded Picasa. Clicked on Import.
    • Clicked OK when the error message appeared. "An error has occurred etc etc"
    • Identified the folder with the photos.
    • Identified the receiving folder under Documents/Photos and Pics.
    • I could then import photos as before.
    It isn't ideal but better than not being able to import. I can also now export photos from the "Photos and Pics" folders without needing to give myself permission.

If I attempt to import into Pictures instead of Documents/Photos and Pics/appropriate folder Picasa shows the photos but lowlights the import options so they can't be used.

I tried importing into the Photos app and got that totally useless message "An error has occurred"!

Hope this helps. Now onto my other Windows 10 problems!

When will MS do something about this?

JezzaWozza, Dec 5, 2020
  3. Ruz San Win User
    importing photos

Thank you for clearing that out. It looks like you are importing the files using the Photos app. When you import photos using this app, the files get imported into your Pictures library. To view these files, refer to these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • On the list of folders on the left side of the window, click on Pictures. You shall see the photos imported from the SD card using the Photos app.

Another option you have is to import the files solely using File Explorer. Here's how you can do it:

• Connect the SD card into the computer.
    • Launch File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Locate your SD card under Devices and drives.
    • Double-click on the SD card.
    • Manually choose which photos to move into your local folders. Right-click on each photo and choose
      Copy (Ctrl + C) then go to the destination folder then right-click on an empty space in the window and select
      Paste (Ctrl + V).
    • If you are importing all the photos, you can press Ctrl + A on the keyboard to select all of the files. Copy then Paste them into the destination folder.
    • If you are importing selective photos, hold the Ctrl key while clicking on the photos you want to copy. This will let you choose a number of photos instead of selecting all of them like what Step 7 suggests.

Once you're able to get the hang of the tricks, importing photos will not be a challenge anymore.

Tell us which method works best for you.

We're here if you need more help.

Ruz San, Dec 5, 2020
  4. MS Photos: Imported pics not going into month folder

Importing Photos

Having problems importing pics to the new photo program from my iPhone. Never had an issue before, still connects and syncs with iTunes not a problem but when my phone is connected the photo app brings up a list of all the photos I can select for importing
    but doesn't provide any button to tell it to begin so I'm constantly stuck in the select mode. Any ideas? Tried going back to 7 which I loved but got caught out with that stupid had 10 for more than a month rubbish. Gah someone please help.

NicoleDenteith, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

MS Photos: Imported pics not going into month folder

1. MS Photos: Imported pics not going into month folder - Similar Threads - Photos Imported pics

2. Photo import not saving in folders by month of date taken

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo import not saving in folders by month of date taken: My Original photo library was somewhat messed up including what was on OneDrive so I pulled them all down to my local computer. Having purged all the problem images and happy with the result I then copied them to a memory card and used Photos to start importing them.However...
  3. Photo import not saving in folders by month of date taken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo import not saving in folders by month of date taken: My Original photo library was somewhat messed up including what was on OneDrive so I pulled them all down to my local computer. Having purged all the problem images and happy with the result I then copied them to a memory card and used Photos to start importing them.However...
  4. Photo import not saving in folders by month of date taken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New photos app difficult to import pics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New photos app difficult to import pics: Trying to import my photos from iphone, the app doesnt sort the pictures by month anymore. How can I solve this? I dont want to manually select 1000s of photos....
  6. New photos app difficult to import pics

New photos app difficult to import pics: Trying to import my photos from iphone, the app doesnt sort the pictures by month anymore. How can I solve this? I dont want to manually select 1000s of photos....
  7. Photos app limiting imports to 100 pics

Photos app limiting imports to 100 pics: My mom recently got a new computer Windows 11, so I was trying to back up her iPhone photos/vids to the windows app. All 4,000 of them. She has always just plugged in and started the backup to the photos album not OneDrive and selected to import all photos not previously...
  8. Photos not going into monthly folders any longer??????????

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos not going into monthly folders any longer??????????: Why do my photos new uploaded photos no longer show up in folders by the month? The existing photos are still in monthly folders. Very frustrating. Using Windows 10. They use to....
  9. Importing pics.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Importing pics.: I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. I am trying to import some pics from an external hard drive to my laptop. The pics are showing but not staying on the laptop. Can someone help in laymans terms as I am a technophobe. Andy...
  10. Moving pic from MS Photos

Moving pic from MS Photos: Photo Gallery was easy to work with. Photos is the most screwed up affair they could come up with. How the heck do you email a photo, or save it to the desktop in Win 10? I tried "share", which I've never used before, and it wanted me to add accounts to some app. I detest...