Windows 10: MS PHOTOS Not Fit For Purpose

Discus and support MS PHOTOS Not Fit For Purpose in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ever since Windows 10 came out MS Photos has been not fit for purpose with so many glitches when used to download media from your phone. I thought it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gsshaw, Apr 26, 2020.

1. gsshaw Win User

MS PHOTOS Not Fit For Purpose

Ever since Windows 10 came out MS Photos has been not fit for purpose with so many glitches when used to download media from your phone.

I thought it could not get any worse but IT HAS, MS have clearly done a revision as the interface when you do downloads has changed, for instance there is no longer a toggle to delete media you have down loaded.

Problem is now when you try to select what photos you want to download it just crashes.

Don't bore me with all the 'fixes' I've tried them all, uninstalled and reinstalled so many times its painful and tried every single trick suggested , nothing works.

MS are you not embarrassed that a key part of the Windows 10 interface is so poor? Are you not also embarrassed that after so long you are unable to fix the problem or bring out a replacement that is fit for purpose?

Try something else I hear you say, well I have I also use Fast Stone Image Viewer, problem is MS Photos is an integral part of Windows 10 used by MS Explorer for instance to view thumbnails and every time I set Fast Stone Image Viewer as default program MS Photos finds a way of weaseling its way back.

Having said that Fast Stone Image Viewer does not seem to fully integrate so if you want to view thumbnails in File Explorer you can't; you just see a 'placeholder' graphic.

Why oh why wont MICROSOFT sort this out, I'm actually thinking my next Laptop and Phone will be APPLE at least they have all these BASIC functions working properly.

I suppose now I will get a load of cut-and-pasted / recycled suggestions from MS instead of a proper solution and some resources spend fixing the problem.

:)

gsshaw, Apr 26, 2020
  2. erocker Win User

Fit's current machine... always changing

I'm just waiting for evga to list them for a step-up! Looks killer fits.

erocker, Apr 26, 2020
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done MS PHOTOS Not Fit For Purpose :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Apr 26, 2020
  4. dark2099 Win User

Fit's current machine... always changing

I might be doing that with my incoming cards. Pics tomorrow of what they are.

dark2099, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

1. MS PHOTOS Not Fit For Purpose - Similar Threads - PHOTOS Fit Purpose

2. Why is MS Bluetooth so unfit for purpose?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is MS Bluetooth so unfit for purpose?: My audio system drops out randomly. Sorting the problem out is repeatedly difficult. Naturally, I have been through the available "solutions" on forums and on YouTube. I have worked through all recommendations. The problem persists. Not only does it just drop out but also...
  3. Why is MS Bluetooth so unfit for purpose?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is MS Bluetooth so unfit for purpose?: My audio system drops out randomly. Sorting the problem out is repeatedly difficult. Naturally, I have been through the available "solutions" on forums and on YouTube. I have worked through all recommendations. The problem persists. Not only does it just drop out but also...
  4. MS Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Photos: Hello,I went to settings and stopped OneDrive from copying my Pictures Library. When I go to Photos and look at the pictures, how do I know if they are the ones on OneDrive or they are solely on my PC?Thank you...
  5. Microsoft Photos not stretching images to fit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos not stretching images to fit: I've been having this weird aspect ratio problem that started two days ago. The borders of the image viewer prevents the pictures from extending vertically completely even though the images are at least 1080 pixels tall. Zooming in does not solve this, nor does using the...
  6. Background photos do no fit the screen. None of the "choose a fit" options work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background photos do no fit the screen. None of the "choose a fit" options work.: None of the "choose a fit" options work. Have tried many times to fit the photo to the screen in all of the different fits that are listed. The fits are causing me fits. Help?...
  7. Fit for purpose

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fit for purpose: The Microsoft products that are on the new computer I have purchased do not seem fit for purpose. I bought the new machine to replace an older machine running windows 7 the Windows 10 does not let me do simple actions in the Mail account such a import emails, make groups,...
  8. Outlook.com not fit for purpose...

Outlook.com not fit for purpose...: Apart from the fact that you cannot create email rules for 'Not Junk/Spam' emails in the Mail app for Windows 10, or Outlook for Android app - you have to log in to outlook.com to do it - even when you do create mail rules, outlook.com/Mail app/Outlook for Android STILL...
  9. Keyboard included with language pack not fit for purpose - can't override.

Keyboard included with language pack not fit for purpose - can't override.: Language pack for Te Reo Māori comes with the international keyboard, which does not include macrons. I cannot override this or install the fabled Māori keyboard which supposedly fixes the problem. I can't install keyboards separately from language packs. Need to either...
  10. Is it me or is the windows store not fit for purpose for gaming?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it me or is the windows store not fit for purpose for gaming?: Having an absolutely awful time with gaming via the windows store, so much that I've cancelled my gamepass subscription. Is it just me or is this just totally unfit for use? Simple tasks like trying to find and launch the games I own are tediously long winded while seeing...