Windows 10: MS Photos used to work well, Did Windows 10 update and now Photos wont work

Discus and support MS Photos used to work well, Did Windows 10 update and now Photos wont work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; MS Photos used to work well, Did Windows 10 update and now Photos wont work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by joey FL, Oct 5, 2019.

1. joey FL Win User

MS Photos used to work well, Did Windows 10 update and now Photos wont work

:)

joey FL, Oct 5, 2019

2. Automatic Update Made Photo Editing Not Work Correctly

This is NOT solved--just fixed.
    Microsoft ran an automated update a couple of days ago and now photo editing is not working the way it did previously. I shoot a lot of photos for a local news website and after editing, saved them with new names that help me sort--so, for example, football photos might be F1, f2, etc. After the update, when i edit a photo, it saves only as a copy of the original name (IMG4028, for example, so I get IMG4028(2). Only after I do that, do I get the "save as" option back, which means i either give up my naming convention or have two or more copies of everything.
    Any suggestions? The "save as" option does not appear in the first step anymore.

ADDED: It's the software that came bundled with the Windows 10 Edge computer--it's just the Photos app.

Thank you.

Pam Robinson, Oct 5, 2019
  3. OLGALAU Win User
    MS photos app has stopped working

The Microsoft photos app has stopped working since the last windows update in late October 2017. It doesn't open at all. I get this message "This app can't open. Check the windows store for more info about photos...copy to clipboard or close" I have
    done so many troubleshooting steps! I have scanned (sfc), reset app, ran a troubleshoot for the store, uninstall then install again, reinstall from the store, checked windows update, did an inplace upgrade....there are more troubleshooting steps but frankly,
    too many to remember at this point. I've exhausted all the troubleshooting available in the MS site. My last resort is to reset or reinstall windows which can be time consuming which I am willing to do but there are NO GUARANTEES it will solve the issue.
    I was told by a Microsoft tech support agent that the inplace upgrade will definitely correct the issue but it didn't. The problem persists and it looks like this problem has been floating around for several years with the same troubleshooting suggestions
    that do not solve the problem. I'm so disappointed and frustrated because I prefer the MS photos app over others. Did October's update change some settings that might be causing this problem? Help! OL

(windows 10 home version 10.0.16299 build 16299; x64-based PC)

I just noticed that under "other updates" 3 have failed. I will list them here:

9P1SWVRL6FKD-Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.1.6 (failed-0x8024000b)

9N38V762FHPD-Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.1.6 (failed-0x8024000b)

9NBLGGH3FRZM-Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00 (failed-0x8024000b)

I have run a windows update troubleshooting and clicked on fix. It didn't work. Photos app is still not working. Think any of these failed windows updates have anything to do with the issues I'm having with the MS photos app?

OLGALAU, Oct 5, 2019
  4. MS Photos used to work well, Did Windows 10 update and now Photos wont work

Windows 10 Microsoft Photos has stopped working.

Hi Roger,

This issue often caused by a corrupted files. For us to have your Photo app working, we suggest that you restore Photos app package by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type PowerShell, and select Windows PowerShell
      from the list of result.
    • Type this command and press Enter:
      • Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    • Restart your computer. Check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

1. MS Photos used to work well, Did Windows 10 update and now Photos wont work - Similar Threads - Photos used Did

2. photos not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos not working: Microsoft photos and tv and videos does not work, it keeps closing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-not-working/31b9b3dc-2105-47f3-a1d8-cac427257434
  3. Clipchamp doesn't work well with edited photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clipchamp doesn't work well with edited photos?: This never happened before. I take pictures and make them look better using an app called Lightroom. But I don't think Clipchamp can stand the edited photos. because when the sky looks beautiful in the actual picture, then I put it in Clipchamp and it completely destroys the...
  4. Clipchamp doesn't work well with edited photos?

Clipchamp doesn't work well with edited photos?: This never happened before. I take pictures and make them look better using an app called Lightroom. But I don't think Clipchamp can stand the edited photos. because when the sky looks beautiful in the actual picture, then I put it in Clipchamp and it completely destroys the...
  5. photos not working

photos not working: hi my photos app has stopped working it says i need to reinstall but when i try that it says error ive tried troubleshooting but that does'nt bring any faults up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-not-working/8035997f-6054-458b-a396-61de4f269198
  6. Reset Photos app, all MS apps now not working

Reset Photos app, all MS apps now not working: My MS Photos app kept crashing. I reset it and now MS Store and all apps within the store are not loading. MS Store appears to be gone showing 0 bytes. Other apps appear to still be there but will not open. I've done the code-pasting in powershell Admin, reset the Store app,...
  7. MS Photos are not working,

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS Photos are not working,: MS Photos are not working, it will not let me download with a good email account. I went to CMD and follow the command to remove it and then go to the store to download. I click on Get and ask for the email address and it states the account is is not good....
  8. Well, the new Photos app update isn't working. :(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Well, the new Photos app update isn't working. :(: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Albert-React [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hz3ljm/well_the_new_photos_app_update_isnt_working/
  9. Windows 10 Photos not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Photos not working.: My virus protection provider (AVG) removed Windows Photos from my computer and replaced it with windows photo viewer, telling me there was a problem with Windows Photo that was causing problems with my computer. Is that true? Is Microsoft having problems with Windows Photos?...
  10. MS Photos quit working right

MS Photos quit working right: Photos app in win 10 quit letting me sort the new photos from the camera memory card by the present date. It wants to download everything on the card including current pictures but won't put them on top of the list. (jumbles them up now). 109139