Windows 10: MS Photos

Discus and support MS Photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I adjust my photos on an SD card using MS Photos. Before a recent update? I could click on 'Save a Copy' and up would pop the folder directory of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MicrosoftAccount4, May 13, 2021.

1. MS Photos

I adjust my photos on an SD card using MS Photos. Before a recent update? I could click on 'Save a Copy' and up would pop the folder directory of my laptop and I could save to my specified folder for adjusted photos. Now I click 'Save a Copy' and a copy is automatically saved back onto the SD card with no option to save elsewhere. Any ideas?

:)

MicrosoftAccount4, May 13, 2021
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done MS Photos :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, May 13, 2021
  3. CargoX Win User
    Windows 7 Will Not Include Email, Photo and Movie Programs

I think people missed that MS did not say "Internet" in the program list. Just Email, Photo, Movie.

CargoX, May 13, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

MS Photos

Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, May 13, 2021
Thema:

MS Photos

1. MS Photos - Similar Threads - Photos

2. Photo app auto cropping image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo app auto cropping image: I am trying to figure out why the Photos app keeps shrinking and cropping cuts both sides off an image whenever I open it. I can't find any settings to see why it would. If I view the image in a slideshow, it will show the full image. I have also transferred the files to...
  3. Microsoft Photos - Feedback

Microsoft Photos - Feedback: Greetings, I'll make it quick.As a youtuber hobbyist, I started using Photos a few months ago after using another video editor's free version long term. I like Photos because it is satisfying and easy to use - no watermark, but access to so much. Things were great between me...
  4. Transferring photos from Iphone to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transferring photos from Iphone to windows 10: I need to be able to transfer some pictures from my I phone to my PC WIN 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-photos-from-iphone-to-windows-10/dc47dcb6-8cd1-4779-8f38-14d1d258951c
  5. Attaching Photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Attaching Photos: Hello,I have just purchased a new computer and installed Windows 10 Pro. Since then, I have been unable to attach/upload photos to sites such as Ebay etc. What would the obstacle be do you think?Thanks....
  6. Background photos do no fit the screen. None of the "choose a fit" options work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background photos do no fit the screen. None of the "choose a fit" options work.: None of the "choose a fit" options work. Have tried many times to fit the photo to the screen in all of the different fits that are listed. The fits are causing me fits. Help?...
  7. photos from my phone

in Windows 10 Support
    photos from my phone: is there a way to get my phone photos to show last one taken the first one to show? when i just go to the folders and click my phone it opens with the last photo at the top, but when i am sending an email and i go to upload a photo the photos show up in reverse order, so i...
  8. Photo folders and most pictures are showing the microsoft photo icon.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo folders and most pictures are showing the microsoft photo icon.: The folders in my pictures file and on One Drive are showing the blue icon with the mountain and moon of the Microsoft photo app. The folder does not display the pictures until I open the folder. And then sometimes the pictures are the Microsoft photo app icon,. Once I...
  9. Losing Some of Default Programs like Microsoft Store, Photo etc. after 21H1 update

Losing Some of Default Programs like Microsoft Store, Photo etc. after 21H1 update: After 21H1 update I was restarting my Laptop Then The startup is failing after that I can enter to the desktop and I got a notify like this Then some of My Programs are not working...
  10. Moved default pictures folder - now photos are not being stored in dated files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moved default pictures folder - now photos are not being stored in dated files.: Hi thereWhen I got this computer, the 'pictures' folder was on the C drive a relatively small SSD. When I imported photos from my phone, they appeared automatically in Windows Photos grouped by month, and in the pictures folder, they were in subfolders labelled by month.I had...