Windows 10: MS Photos

Discus and support MS Photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I adjust my photos on an SD card using MS Photos. Before a recent update? I could click on 'Save a Copy' and up would pop the folder directory of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MicrosoftAccount4, May 13, 2021.

1. MS Photos

I adjust my photos on an SD card using MS Photos. Before a recent update? I could click on 'Save a Copy' and up would pop the folder directory of my laptop and I could save to my specified folder for adjusted photos. Now I click 'Save a Copy' and a copy is automatically saved back onto the SD card with no option to save elsewhere. Any ideas?

:)

MicrosoftAccount4, May 13, 2021
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done MS Photos :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, May 13, 2021
  3. CargoX Win User
    Windows 7 Will Not Include Email, Photo and Movie Programs

I think people missed that MS did not say "Internet" in the program list. Just Email, Photo, Movie.

CargoX, May 13, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

MS Photos

Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, May 13, 2021
Thema:

MS Photos

1. MS Photos - Similar Threads - Photos

2. Photo folders and most pictures are showing the microsoft photo icon.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo folders and most pictures are showing the microsoft photo icon.: The folders in my pictures file and on One Drive are showing the blue icon with the mountain and moon of the Microsoft photo app. The folder does not display the pictures until I open the folder. And then sometimes the pictures are the Microsoft photo app icon,. Once I...
  3. Losing Some of Default Programs like Microsoft Store, Photo etc. after 21H1 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Losing Some of Default Programs like Microsoft Store, Photo etc. after 21H1 update: After 21H1 update I was restarting my Laptop Then The startup is failing after that I can enter to the desktop and I got a notify like this Then some of My Programs are not working...
  4. Moved default pictures folder - now photos are not being stored in dated files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moved default pictures folder - now photos are not being stored in dated files.: Hi thereWhen I got this computer, the 'pictures' folder was on the C drive a relatively small SSD. When I imported photos from my phone, they appeared automatically in Windows Photos grouped by month, and in the pictures folder, they were in subfolders labelled by month.I had...
  5. Windows Photos App creates duplicate images when copy/pasting to Gmail

Windows Photos App creates duplicate images when copy/pasting to Gmail: Hello All,I wanted to see if I can get some assistance with an issue that I cant seem to resolve.Basically, I have a client that pastes images into a new gmail email but the images get duplicated, as if they were pasted in twice.The workflow is the user has program that opens...
  6. Photos video editing broke my film

Photos video editing broke my film: The subject is kind of hard to understand, so let me elaborate.I was using Photos video editor to edit a film I made over the course of a year or so. The video was 1 hour, 15 minutes long. Today, I decided to change the background music, so I added a custom audio which was 1...
  7. Lost photos

Lost photos: I lost all my photos. There are pictures of a mountain instead of my pictures.Please help.AW https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-photos/17139993-7974-4c4c-b0d6-038364b628c7
  8. Windows Photo 3d Effects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photo 3d Effects: I was editing and creating a video and noticed that that the 3d effects are limited to only 3 choices, confetti, lens sparkles and snow. The others are no longer available. Is this a mistake or are these effects just gone now? I was having a blast with all the effects so its...
  9. Windows is automatically duplicating photos

Windows is automatically duplicating photos: I'm not sure why this question has not yet been answered so I'll try to be super clear on it because maybe support just doesn't understand what people are asking. This is duplicatable issue and my experience is from windows explorer. It doesn't matter what folder I'm in, when...
  10. Microsoft account photo gone/not showing up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account photo gone/not showing up: My Microsoft account photo is not showing up in bing.com, microsoft.com, Microsoft Store app, Microsoft News app, Weather app, Maps. Every time I try to upload a new one, nothing happens....