Windows 10: Ms PLEASE bring back ISO's again

Discus and support Ms PLEASE bring back ISO's again in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Wasn't the no ISO deliberate, this time around, so they could test the upgrade process? That's the gist of what I've been reading anyway. This way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Ms PLEASE bring back ISO's again

The ISOs are all over the web, in the usual places, but I would not risk using these! You might get more than you bargained for... *Wink
    If it's ISO's for this new build they must be home made? It's not even up on MSDN. It wasn't the last time I checked anyway. It's no big deal for me, I can easily go back to 8.1 if it had failed. Or reinstall 10 again. It doesn't take long to install. And for all those that like imaging their system, yeah I know, but I can't be bothered. I have the ESD so I can make an ISO myself if need be.

alphanumeric, Oct 22, 2014
  2. adamf Win User

*Ditto I upgraded to TP without making a backup and haven't made one since. Come April or when something goes wrong I'll just have to clean install some version or another.

adamf, Oct 22, 2014
  3. badrobot Win User
    *Ditto I upgraded to TP without making a backup and haven't made one since. Come April or when something goes wrong I'll just have to clean install some version or another.

Image backups is not just for the matter of restoring your system. It's for shrinking the time you have to spend if something goes wrong like those upgrade errors that some people are experiencing here. Clean installing can take up to an entire day (incl. reinstalling drivers and all your programs) compared to 30mins maximum with image restoration.

It only takes 3mins to create image backups with free Macrium.

badrobot, Oct 22, 2014
  4. Ms PLEASE bring back ISO's again

Granted I'm in a VM on a Laptop, but watching the spinning dots gets old. It's got to be 90 minutes since I hit Install Now and I'm not even to a reboot. I already made an iso and a new VM. Unfortunately it didn't pick up my network hardware.

The only indication what's up is looking in Task Manager.

MilesAhead, Oct 22, 2014
  5. Kari Win User
    Miles, a vm should not use your NIC on host directly but instead use an emulated virtual NIC which connects to host NIC. Which virtualization program you are using?

6. I'm using VMWare Player. The previous W10 build there was no issue. I still have this 9860 clean install VM to mess with. I tried to update the 9841 build. I got as far as Almost Ready do not turn off your PC. But I ran out of time. The last screen color change was light blue and it stayed there for over 20 minutes. I suspended it. Later today I'll try to resume and let that VM sit. See if it ever goes to the next step.

I tell you though, for people who don't care about "Apps" there is way too much install and config. People better buy preloaded and forget about updates unless they can leave the machine in a corner for 3 hours. Way too many counts up to 100% in the update. It's a total waste when you could just hit a check box "I don't want any Apps."

We'll see what happens. I hope it goes on because the new build seemed more responsive. But with no network I can't do anything with it.

MilesAhead, Oct 23, 2014
  7. Edwin New Member
    If you perform a clean install don't choose 'Express Settings', don't create a Microsoft Account (yet), and turn off ALL Microsoft "Favors".

Edwin, Oct 23, 2014
  8. Pendaws Win User

Ms PLEASE bring back ISO's again

I made an iso today from the downloaded install.esd and have since burned (?) to a USB 3.0 drive.
    It works ok and have used it twice on new disks with NO problem at all. *Smile

Pendaws, Oct 23, 2014
  9. I believe they are as well. I was made to understand that only the original release version on media was going to be the original RTM or release version of Windows 10. Then, down the road, you would get to v10.5 through five update downloads. Perhaps v10.10 might be released a year later on CD (no different than XP SP3 on CD, or Win7 SP1), but then you would revert back to upgrades over the Internet.

I really don't think there will be a "next" conventional release of Windows.

Jody Thornton, Oct 23, 2014
  10. If you perform a clean install don't choose 'Express Settings', don't create a Microsoft Account (yet), and turn off ALL Microsoft "Favors". You and Kari are both right. It was my mistake. I thought sure I checked the 9841 settings before I started the clean install with the ISO. But I got it wrong. I set OS to Windows and Windows 8 and everything went on in an hour. As you say I turned off even driver auto updates and made a local account to log in.

Now to install some tray programs to see if they show up in the system tray any faster than 9841. *Smile

MilesAhead, Oct 23, 2014
  11. How often is MS going to be releasing Windows 10 "updates" in such a dramatic fashion? In less than a month in a year long preview we have an update that has been released as a full .iso. We might have a bunch of these "update .iso" by the time Win 10 officially releases.

John Pombrio, Oct 23, 2014
  12. Very often, as they fix and break things. There is a daily build so this could be a very frequent upgrade deal. Having worked on testing software in the past the developers will release something and that breaks something else which then gets fixed and so on and so forth. So you can either ignore some of the releases if are of no interest or join in with "the fun".
    We?re rolling out our first new build to the Windows Insider Program

Indianatone, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Ms PLEASE bring back ISO's again

1. Ms PLEASE bring back ISO's again - Similar Threads - PLEASE bring ISO's

2. Please bring back the Windows Mobile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please bring back the Windows Mobile: I am waiting for Windows 11 mobile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-bring-back-the-windows-mobile/efaf7a36-2789-44f3-88c8-dae1e50f91a6
  3. Please bring back the Windows Mobile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please bring back the Windows Mobile: I am waiting for Windows 11 mobile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-bring-back-the-windows-mobile/efaf7a36-2789-44f3-88c8-dae1e50f91a6
  4. Please Bring Back This Slideshow Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please Bring Back This Slideshow Option: I just recently got a Windows 11 laptop, and I'm really irritated that the option for slideshows was removed. To specify, I'm talking about the one where you can open up a picture folder, and up on the toolbar I think that's the right term there was an option to start a...
  5. Please Bring Back This Slideshow Option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please Bring Back This Slideshow Option: I just recently got a Windows 11 laptop, and I'm really irritated that the option for slideshows was removed. To specify, I'm talking about the one where you can open up a picture folder, and up on the toolbar I think that's the right term there was an option to start a...
  6. Please bring back Aero Glass!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please bring back Aero Glass!: Lots of people are complaining, it's not just me, but please bring back full transparency, it looked so awesome in Windows 7! It is literally the sole reason why Windows 7 is my best operating system, and not only that, just go search up "aero glass Windows 10", look at how...
  7. When will MS bring back Homegroup?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When will MS bring back Homegroup?: I have a simple home network: desktop, my laptop, my wife's laptop. I cannot get them all to see one another. Sorry, but I do not have the patience to go into arcane setting and services to adjust 150 setting options. This seems to be among the most obvious things an...
  8. Please bring back Windows Vista or 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please bring back Windows Vista or 7: Hello. Windows Vista was best and most beautiful OS made ever by Microsoft. Vista has ended support in April 2017. Succesor of Vista, Windows 7, was worse, because it was removed avaibility to select visual style and is removed very good programs like Windows Calendar, Photo...
  9. Windows Refs file system -- mega improvement PLEASE BRING IT BACK Ms

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Refs file system -- mega improvement PLEASE BRING IT BACK Ms: Hi there restored an old W8.1 system so I could create a 3 HDD storage space thing to REFS. Then restored W10 pro system. It still had the HDD's as REFS -- I had to do it that way as W10 has removed REFS file creation although read/write still supported. Even over a 5GB...
  10. Ms please bring back W8 search !!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Ms please bring back W8 search !!!: Hi there I have to agree with other posters who say the current W10 search is an absolute DOG - also the fact that I can hardly read the start menu (text size for me too small and I've found no way so far of being able to increase the size of the start menu itself - other...