Windows 10: MS POP UP BOX WITH USER ACCOUNT CONTROL ICON ASKING IF I WANT TO ALLOW GOOGLE INC TO MAKE...

Discus and support MS POP UP BOX WITH USER ACCOUNT CONTROL ICON ASKING IF I WANT TO ALLOW GOOGLE INC TO MAKE... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In my Windows 10 PRO system, I get a "Google Update" popup window appears several times a day asking for permission to access a hard drive. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JulieHelenaDouglas, Jan 28, 2019.

1. MS POP UP BOX WITH USER ACCOUNT CONTROL ICON ASKING IF I WANT TO ALLOW GOOGLE INC TO MAKE...

In my Windows 10 PRO system, I get a "Google Update" popup window appears several times a day asking for permission to access a hard drive. I have replied no but at least 1 yes. The details in the popup show CLSID 9B2340A0-4068-43D6-B404-32E27217859D. Is this really Google, and why does it keep occurring. Using Norton 360 Security Suite, but queried Microsoft through Answer Assure and the technical person invoked MS User Account Control Settings and this is since then. The Pop up box have the icon of User Account Control and Norton is not finding any malware on my system.

Google Chrome tells me I have the latest version. What is a CLSID on my hard drive? ALSO the CLSID number listed above is the same as in another person's query that was dated 2014 on a Windows 8 system.

:)

JulieHelenaDouglas, Jan 28, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

User Account Control: Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?

Hi Josh,

User Account Control helps prevent malware from damaging a computer. It also allows all users to log on to their computers using a standard user account. To isolate your issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you tried booting up your computer in Safe Mode?
    • Do you have an antivirus application installed?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you change your User Account Control Settings in Control Panel to modify the Settings. Kindly follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click User Accounts icon.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings.
    • This will open the C:\Windows\System32\UserAccountControlSettings.exe file.
    • If prompted by User Account Control, click Yes.
    • Move the slider up or down to the setting for how you want to be notified by User Account Control, and click OK.
    • If prompted by UAC, click Yes.
    • When finished, you can close User Accounts.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Alpha1435 Win User
    User Account Control Pop-up

Upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. Several trusted programs (Carbonite, Malwarebytes, etc. ) all require me to allow a change to my PC. Is there a way to permanently allow changes following a restart or to open on the desktop? I don't want to disable the
    User Account Control function, but it is a pain having to go through six pop-ups every time I restart. Note: All my affected programs have a UAC icon superimposed on the program icon. Win help pages were not much help or were simply confusing.

Alpha1435, Jan 28, 2019
  4. MS POP UP BOX WITH USER ACCOUNT CONTROL ICON ASKING IF I WANT TO ALLOW GOOGLE INC TO MAKE...

User account Control

Hi,

Administrator accounts are accounts that are allowed complete control over a computer. They are allowed to make changes to settings, get through the User Account Control or UAC prompts to perform elevated tasks, and install programs. which is why in order
    to change the account type of the guest account into an administrator, you will need access or permission to use an administrator account on your computer.

Once you have access to the administrator account on your computer, follow the steps below on how you can change the user account type of the guest account through the Settings app:

• Click Start, and then Settings.
    • Click on Accounts, and then Family & other people.
    • Click to select the guest account, and then click the Change account type button.
    • Click on Standard User to open the drop down menu, and then select
      Administrator.
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it turns out.

Patricia Yu, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

MS POP UP BOX WITH USER ACCOUNT CONTROL ICON ASKING IF I WANT TO ALLOW GOOGLE INC TO MAKE...

1. MS POP UP BOX WITH USER ACCOUNT CONTROL ICON ASKING IF I WANT TO ALLOW GOOGLE INC TO MAKE... - Similar Threads - POP BOX USER

2. pop up box "do you want to allow this app to make changesto your device" ONLY NO BOX askes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pop up box "do you want to allow this app to make changesto your device" ONLY NO BOX askes...: Hi. Can anyone solve this problem? pop up box "do you want to allow this app to make changesto your device" ONLY NO BOX askes for admin password but no where to enter it Windows 11 just installed...
  3. pop up box "do you want to allow this app to make changesto your device" ONLY NO BOX askes...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pop up box "do you want to allow this app to make changesto your device" ONLY NO BOX askes...: Hi. Can anyone solve this problem? pop up box "do you want to allow this app to make changesto your device" ONLY NO BOX askes for admin password but no where to enter it Windows 11 just installed...
  4. I have recieved a notice from HP. INC ? asking if I want to allow it to make changes to my...

I have recieved a notice from HP. INC ? asking if I want to allow it to make changes to my...: I have recieved a notice from HP. INC ? asking if I want to allow it to make changes to my hard drive. I keep answering NO but I can't CANNOT GET RID OF THE APP...
  5. Pop-up User Account Control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop-up User Account Control: Working on DELL desktop, initially with Windows 10 & upgraded to Windows 11 aka NIGHTMARE. I want to go back to W10, but "Reset this PC" will not allow me to. When I click on "Reset PC" A window from User Account Control pops up. I enter my password from Microsoft or dell and...
  6. Pop-up User Account Control

Pop-up User Account Control: Working on DELL desktop, initially with Windows 10 & upgraded to Windows 11 aka NIGHTMARE. I want to go back to W10, but "Reset this PC" will not allow me to. When I click on "Reset PC" A window from User Account Control pops up. I enter my password from Microsoft or dell and...
  7. Google Drive Pop Up Box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Drive Pop Up Box: Recently when I login into my computer a Google Drive Pop Up Box appears. How can I remove or hide this box? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-drive-pop-up-box/4ab34fbe-661e-4913-b159-bbdcbbf1b7aa
  8. Google Drive Pop Up Box

Google Drive Pop Up Box: Recently when I login into my computer a Google Drive Pop Up Box appears. How can I remove or hide this box? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-drive-pop-up-box/4ab34fbe-661e-4913-b159-bbdcbbf1b7aa
  9. User Account control pop up

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account control pop up: When I click on my google browser icon in toolbar a UAC pop up ask if I want to let app make changes to computer Yes or No Why? I did not have to do this until a few days ago. What is making this happen?...
  10. User account control pop-up when running Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    User account control pop-up when running Google Chrome: I get a message every time I open Chrome. The message asks if I allow it to make changes to my computer. If I check no, it doesn't open. I try changing the notification settings but it always revert back to high security. Am I getting the message because Chrome is not in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clsid 9b2340a0-4068-43d6-b404-32e27217859d