Windows 10: MS Posts Support Note About Defender SFC /Scannow

Discus and support MS Posts Support Note About Defender SFC /Scannow in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; See this note for Microsoft's explanation of the Defender PowerShell script issue that leads SFC /scannow to return hash value mismatch errors for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EdTittel, Aug 18, 2019.

1. EdTittel Win User

MS Posts Support Note About Defender SFC /Scannow

See this note for Microsoft's explanation of the Defender PowerShell script issue that leads SFC /scannow to return hash value mismatch errors for those files: https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/...s-as-corrupted. Apparently one needs version 4.18.1908 of the Antimalware platform to avoid this error. My only problem now is that some of my 1903 PCs are running version 4.18.1907.

MS Posts Support Note About Defender SFC /Scannow [​IMG]

Checking for updates refreshes the Security Intelligence updates just fine, but the engine number stays unchanged. Why do some of my Win10 1903 PCs run older Antimalware platforms? Is there any way I can find and force an install of the 4.18.1908 version? Can't seem to find a link on the MS site to do this. Sigh.
    --Ed--

:)

EdTittel, Aug 18, 2019

2. SFC scannow not working but verify only is working

there is no problem in chkdsk I've checked When I select command prompt and sfc scannow from f8 and repair.. it shows that a reboot is required for pending repair and pending renames folder in winsxs is full of files.. what should I do??

ELiTRiGG3R, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Sticky Note Error?

Hi,

To further help you with your concern about the sticky note, we suggest using System File Checking in Windows 10. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, then select Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Enter sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/").

Let us know how it goes.

Wilfred Mac, Aug 18, 2019
  4. lvgandhi Win User

sfc /scannow error

Problem is not with windows update. It is with defender malware update.
    Please do
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

After above steps, reboot laptop and do sfc /scannow.

lvgandhi, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

1. MS Posts Support Note About Defender SFC /Scannow - Similar Threads - Posts Support Note

2. About sfc/scannow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    About sfc/scannow: Yesterday I did sfc/scannow to check my system files are OK. After finished I got message windows resource protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. I go to CBS file to check . I found repaire : onedrive.ink from store onedrive I unistall it from my pc...
  3. About sfc/scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About sfc/scannow: Yesterday I did sfc/scannow to check my system files are OK. After finished I got message windows resource protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. I go to CBS file to check . I found repaire : onedrive.ink from store onedrive I unistall it from my pc...
  4. About sfc/scannow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow: i ran sfc /scannow and got when it reched around 54% i got the followingmessage "Windows Resources Protection could not perform the requested operation" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/425af61f-5e61-4f8e-badc-1e44ae02698e
  6. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow: when I run sfc /scannow in command prompt it will only run to 71% and than it stop, how can i fix that problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/5f81a97e-769a-413c-8139-2871d8c08b5f
  7. MS Posts Support Note About Defender SFC /Scannow Errors

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MS Posts Support Note About Defender SFC /Scannow Errors: See this note for Microsoft's explanation of the Defender PowerShell script issue that leads SFC /scannow to return hash value mismatch errors for those files: System File Checker (SFC) incorrectly flags Windows Defender PowerShell module files as corrupted. According to this...
  8. SFC /scannow - Defender corruption?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC /scannow - Defender corruption?: A run today of sfc /scannow reported errors, with this message:. "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log." CBS.log was largely...
  9. SFC /scannow - Defender corruption?

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC /scannow - Defender corruption?: A run today of sfc /scannow reported errors, with this message:. "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log." CBS.log was largely...
  10. Question about sfc /scannow...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Question about sfc /scannow...: I'm having some irreparable results in sfc /scannow. I know this is a long shot in the dark but I thought it is worth asking. My question here is...is it possible that windows registry and system files have duplicates and thus sfc /scannow returns them in the results...