Windows 10: MS pushed an update and now what?!

Discus and support MS pushed an update and now what?! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So prior to today i had no problems with the functionability of my laptop, but when i turned it on i was forced into an update screen and by the time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TracyKing3, Nov 24, 2018.

1. MS pushed an update and now what?!

So prior to today i had no problems with the functionability of my laptop, but when i turned it on i was forced into an update screen and by the time it was done my whole operating system (i think?) has been wiped and i literally cannot do ANYTHING!! I dont know what to do, I really only use my laptop to backup and save photos but I’m sure those are long gone by now. The attached photo is what is shown upon startup. Please help!!MS pushed an update and now what?! [​IMG]

:)

TracyKing3, Nov 24, 2018
  2. ANUoldman Win User

PocketMSN does not push hotmail

• it appears to me that PocketMSN is a bridge to Windows Live as WM5 doesn't have it...
    • there is no option to resync every 15 minutes
    • no push email as advertised by PocketMSN (email update in real time)
    • WM6 update is due out in about 2 months for Blackjack on ATT / Cingular with Windows Live...
    • Microsoft support hasn't responded in days
    • product doesn't work as advertised
    I'm AOK with trying anything somebody can suggest to resolve this... my steps have been:

- hard reinstall of WM5, then install subscribe to and install PocketMSN

ANUoldman, Nov 24, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond MS pushed an update and now what?! :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 24, 2018
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

MS pushed an update and now what?!

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Yeah, I've been noting it for months on the refusenik thread. They do NOT want anything older than 10 running.

I still have an HTPC on W7, and every other month I have to fix the update agent in order to get all updates. SMH....

You provided a good step by step fix. I've bookmarked it for future reference.

rtwjunkie, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

MS pushed an update and now what?!

1. MS pushed an update and now what?! - Similar Threads - pushed update

2. What is the URL that MS uses to push updates to Windows 10 OS?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the URL that MS uses to push updates to Windows 10 OS?: I need help to figure out the URL domain that MS uses to push updates to the Windows 10 OS. MS has many domains, and I want to know just the one that is used to automatically check for new updates and download them to the computer....
  3. Microsoft's sneaky KB5001716 Windows 10 update pushes Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's sneaky KB5001716 Windows 10 update pushes Windows 11: If you run Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system on your devices and wan to keep it that way, you may want to check whether the Windows 10 update KB5001716 is installed on the device. The reason for this is that it is designed to push newer versions of Windows, including...
  4. Windows update KB5001716 could not install, 2023-10 Update for Win 10 push down in 2024 by...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update KB5001716 could not install, 2023-10 Update for Win 10 push down in 2024 by...: Recently I notice there's a particular Windows update Windows update KB5001716 2023-10 Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 could not install. I am not sure is this update push down by mistake or as on several PCs I had, this update will not go through. So it is definetely not...
  5. Windows update KB5001716 could not install, 2023-10 Update for Win 10 push down in 2024 by...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update KB5001716 could not install, 2023-10 Update for Win 10 push down in 2024 by...: Recently I notice there's a particular Windows update Windows update KB5001716 2023-10 Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 could not install. I am not sure is this update push down by mistake or as on several PCs I had, this update will not go through. So it is definetely not...
  6. Windows update KB5001716 could not install, 2023-10 Update for Win 10 push down in 2024 by...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Did Microsoft push out an update thinking we are all 80+ years old?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did Microsoft push out an update thinking we are all 80+ years old?: I logged into Microsoft and the display and navigation panes on Outlook, Excel and Word are all bigger... like the system thinks I'm visually impaired. I reviewed all the ease of access and accessibility toggles and nothing is turned on. I toggled to the "new Outlook" and...
  8. Did Microsoft push out an update thinking we are all 80+ years old?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Did Microsoft push out an update thinking we are all 80+ years old?: I logged into Microsoft and the display and navigation panes on Outlook, Excel and Word are all bigger... like the system thinks I'm visually impaired. I reviewed all the ease of access and accessibility toggles and nothing is turned on. I toggled to the "new Outlook" and...
  9. Did Microsoft push out an update thinking we are all 80+ years old?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. WSUS not pushing out windows 10 22h2 feature update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSUS not pushing out windows 10 22h2 feature update: trying to use wsus to push out windows 10 22h2 update from windows 10 21h2 through wsus not able to approve kb5015878 as it does not exist so not able to get machines to pick up the feature pack any ideas what we can do to enable this update to install and bring it up to the...