Windows 10: ms-resource:AppName in start menu

Discus and support ms-resource:AppName in start menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I uninstalled edge using this tool: Download Uninstall Edge browser for Windows 10 And now I see ms-resource:AppName in start menu, please help. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by markrobby, Nov 7, 2020.

1. markrobby Win User

ms-resource:AppName in start menu

markrobby, Nov 7, 2020
  2. dm33tri Win User

Phantom app in start menu

In the start menu I have item named @{Microsoft.WindowsFeedback_10.0.10586.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy?ms-resource://Microsoft.WindowsFeedback/FeedbackApp.Resources/Appname/Text} which can not be deleted nor launched.

App is not on the get-appxpackage's list also. How do I get rid of it?

dm33tri, Nov 7, 2020
  3. markrobby Win User
    markrobby, Nov 7, 2020
  4. ms-resource:AppName in start menu

Start Menu Corrupted - ms-resource:appDisplayName

So after further searching , I found out the following odd facts :

ms-resource:AppName in start menu [​IMG]

So this is the odd app showing in start menu with several other missing apps .

Now few forums suggested this to be a sign of corruption example here .

So forums suggested too that there is a tool to fix corruptions called Start Menu Troubleshooter which wasn't easy to find .

Like always all MS Troubleshooters it managed to state the obvious :

So searching on for means to fix the corruption since Microsoft was vague enough about this I came across this page here :
    The odd thing is my old profile has an XML based setting file and empty database folder :

While new profile has no XML file but a database folder :

Any body came across these blahs before ?! @Brink think these are familiar ?

nIGHTmAYOR, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

ms-resource:AppName in start menu

1. ms-resource:AppName in start menu - Similar Threads - resource AppName start

2. ms-resource:DisplayName in Windows start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ms-resource:DisplayName in Windows start menu: So i recently upgraded to windows 11 from windows 10 and when I was scrolling through my start menu apps i saw one app with no icon called "ms-resource:DisplayName" and when i try to open ,it wont launch . i tried uninstalling it and it just wont uninstall. i also tried to...
  3. ms-resource:DisplayName in Windows start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ms-resource:DisplayName in Windows start menu: So i recently upgraded to windows 11 from windows 10 and when I was scrolling through my start menu apps i saw one app with no icon called "ms-resource:DisplayName" and when i try to open ,it wont launch . i tried uninstalling it and it just wont uninstall. i also tried to...
  4. ms-resource on my Windows Start Menu Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ms-resource on my Windows Start Menu Windows 11 Pro: Hello there, A few days ago, my win11 was upgraded to the latest bate channel update, which is version 22622.601. But due to some inexplicable problems in the update, I updated it several times until it succeeded, and after this update, my start menu interface has changed a...
  5. ms-resource on my Windows Start Menu Windows 11 Pro

ms-resource on my Windows Start Menu Windows 11 Pro: Hello there, A few days ago, my win11 was upgraded to the latest bate channel update, which is version 22622.601. But due to some inexplicable problems in the update, I updated it several times until it succeeded, and after this update, my start menu interface has changed a...
  6. Why ms-resource: AppListName is showing on my Start menu?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why ms-resource: AppListName is showing on my Start menu?: I just got my new laptop with windows 10 set up 2 days ago..... and this issue appeared.... is this normal anyway? and how can I fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-ms-resource-applistname-is-showing-on-my-start/548e87f6-07a5-457d-9cb9-daf7ffbfe3c2
  7. ms-resource:AppName in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    ms-resource:AppName in start menu: I uninstalled edge using this tool: Download Uninstall Edge browser for Windows 10 And now I see ms-resource:AppName in start menu, please help. I'm using Windows 10 Pro 2004 Version10.0.19041 Build 19041 [img] 167815
  8. Win10 - 3 bad lines "ms-resources" that appeared in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 - 3 bad lines "ms-resources" that appeared in Start Menu: Hi All ! I am using Windows 10 Pro v1903 Build 18362.175 I have in my Start menu, 3 bad lines "ms-resources" that appeared at the bottom of the menu in the "Others" section. (see my screenshot, in French *Party) and it does not correspond to anything. No errors with SFC or...
  9. ms-resource

ms-resource: Impossible to get rid of "ms-resource" apps that appears after system restore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-resource/50a3b08d-fb6e-4d14-86d9-c469d411e6f4
  10. Start Menu Corrupted - ms-resource:appDisplayName

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Corrupted - ms-resource:appDisplayName: So lately I was faced by the following symptoms : 1 - Alot of apps not appearing on start menu where I can only run them through store 2 - Mysterious app called : ms-resource:appDisplayName appearing on start menu that can't be deleted / uninstalled 3 - All my previous...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove ms-resource edge from start menu

2. qtart search ms-resource:appname