Windows 10: ms-resource on my Windows Start Menu Windows 11 Pro

Discus and support ms-resource on my Windows Start Menu Windows 11 Pro in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello there, A few days ago, my win11 was upgraded to the latest bate channel update, which is version 22622.601. But due to some inexplicable problems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Stay_With_You, Sep 23, 2022.

1. ms-resource on my Windows Start Menu Windows 11 Pro

Hello there, A few days ago, my win11 was upgraded to the latest bate channel update, which is version 22622.601. But due to some inexplicable problems in the update, I updated it several times until it succeeded, and after this update, my start menu interface has changed a bit. Most notably, some native windows APPs‘ names were changed, i.e. they all become "ms-resource" in front as shown in the first picture below. In this case, I have tried many methods But they didn't work, what should I do then?By the way, some of these apps still work fine, but some, like the media player, when I us

:)

Stay_With_You, Sep 23, 2022
  2. Namslas90 Win User

How do ya add to window start menu?

BTW if the option "pin to start menu" is not there than you need to tweek the registry, XP pro comes with this entry, Home does not(usualy), but you can add it if you are comfortable with reg.edit.

Google 'Pin to start Menu' (with or without "missing") and there are lots of answers to that, or tools you can purchase to fix it with if you are not comfortable.(I would use the one offered by MS windows, as it comes with other tweeks and tools).

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 23, 2022
  3. Start Menu Corrupted - ms-resource:appDisplayName

So after further searching , I found out the following odd facts :

ms-resource on my Windows Start Menu Windows 11 Pro [​IMG]

So this is the odd app showing in start menu with several other missing apps .

Now few forums suggested this to be a sign of corruption example here .

So forums suggested too that there is a tool to fix corruptions called Start Menu Troubleshooter which wasn't easy to find .

Like always all MS Troubleshooters it managed to state the obvious :

So searching on for means to fix the corruption since Microsoft was vague enough about this I came across this page here :
    The odd thing is my old profile has an XML based setting file and empty database folder :

While new profile has no XML file but a database folder :

Any body came across these blahs before ?! @Brink think these are familiar ?

nIGHTmAYOR, Sep 23, 2022
  4. ms-resource on my Windows Start Menu Windows 11 Pro

irlandezul, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

ms-resource on my Windows Start Menu Windows 11 Pro

1. ms-resource on my Windows Start Menu Windows 11 Pro - Similar Threads - resource Start Menu

2. ms-resource:DisplayName in Windows start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ms-resource:DisplayName in Windows start menu: So i recently upgraded to windows 11 from windows 10 and when I was scrolling through my start menu apps i saw one app with no icon called "ms-resource:DisplayName" and when i try to open ,it wont launch . i tried uninstalling it and it just wont uninstall. i also tried to...
  3. ms-resource:DisplayName in Windows start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ms-resource:DisplayName in Windows start menu: So i recently upgraded to windows 11 from windows 10 and when I was scrolling through my start menu apps i saw one app with no icon called "ms-resource:DisplayName" and when i try to open ,it wont launch . i tried uninstalling it and it just wont uninstall. i also tried to...
  4. ms-resource on my Windows Start Menu Windows 11 Pro

ms-resource on my Windows Start Menu Windows 11 Pro: Hello there, A few days ago, my win11 was upgraded to the latest bate channel update, which is version 22622.601. But due to some inexplicable problems in the update, I updated it several times until it succeeded, and after this update, my start menu interface has changed a...
  5. Windows 11 startmenu ms-resource display name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 startmenu ms-resource display name: hey i have this issue i have tried all and i mean all available fixes for this can seem to fix itapp - microsoft.windows.sechealthul_10.0.19041.1023_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy?ms-resource://microsoft.windows.sechealthulWindows is upgraded from 10 to 11What Doesn't work...
  6. Windows 11 startmenu ms-resource display name

Windows 11 startmenu ms-resource display name: hey i have this issue i have tried all and i mean all available fixes for this can seem to fix itapp - microsoft.windows.sechealthul_10.0.19041.1023_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy?ms-resource://microsoft.windows.sechealthulWindows is upgraded from 10 to 11What Doesn't work...
  7. Why ms-resource: AppListName is showing on my Start menu?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why ms-resource: AppListName is showing on my Start menu?: I just got my new laptop with windows 10 set up 2 days ago..... and this issue appeared.... is this normal anyway? and how can I fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-ms-resource-applistname-is-showing-on-my-start/548e87f6-07a5-457d-9cb9-daf7ffbfe3c2
  8. No windows apps ms-resource

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No windows apps ms-resource: I recently reset windows 10 and when it finished a while later I realized all the windoes store apps like sticky notes and the store were gone and were replaced in the start menu by ms-resource:"theirname". Is there any way to fix this and get back the windows store and all...
  9. Win10 - 3 bad lines "ms-resources" that appeared in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 - 3 bad lines "ms-resources" that appeared in Start Menu: Hi All ! I am using Windows 10 Pro v1903 Build 18362.175 I have in my Start menu, 3 bad lines "ms-resources" that appeared at the bottom of the menu in the "Others" section. (see my screenshot, in French *Party) and it does not correspond to anything. No errors with SFC or...
  10. ms-resource

ms-resource: Impossible to get rid of "ms-resource" apps that appears after system restore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-resource/50a3b08d-fb6e-4d14-86d9-c469d411e6f4