Windows 10: MS Search box will appear out of nowhere, obscure half the screen and will not exit.

Discus and support MS Search box will appear out of nowhere, obscure half the screen and will not exit. in Cortana to solve the problem; How do I get rid of the search box = also how do I prevent it appearing in the first place?[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by DavidTonge1, Jun 27, 2019.

1. MS Search box will appear out of nowhere, obscure half the screen and will not exit.

How do I get rid of the search box = also how do I prevent it appearing in the first place? MS Search box will appear out of nowhere, obscure half the screen and will not exit. c52e4409-5e76-41c2-ae65-5d306e92c681?upload=true.jpg

:)

DavidTonge1, Jun 27, 2019

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Search Box

Hi Aliya,

I would suggest you to run search and indexing troubleshooter
    and check. Please follow these steps:

• Right click on Start and select Control panel.
    • Find troubleshooting and click on it.
    • Click "View all" and then click "Search and Indexing".

Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.
    I hope this information helps.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

MS Search box will appear out of nowhere, obscure half the screen and will not exit.

search box not there.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft community.

I would like to know some information about the issue so that we could help you better.

• Have you already upgraded to Windows 10 final version?
    This issue may occur due to corrupt Windows search files or settings.

I would suggest you to run search and indexing troubleshooter
    and check if it helps. Please follow these steps:

a. Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.

b. Click troubleshooting in the search results.

c. Click "View all" and then click "Search and Indexing".

d. Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

I hope this information helps.Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you

Arul_D, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

MS Search box will appear out of nowhere, obscure half the screen and will not exit.

1. MS Search box will appear out of nowhere, obscure half the screen and will not exit. - Similar Threads - Search box appear

2. Activate Windows watermark appeared out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows watermark appeared out of nowhere: I've been using Windows 10 Pro for a few years now, and just recently, while playing a new game, the "Activate Windows" watermark appeared out of nowhere. I've tried multiple things already, and nothing is helping my case.I cant even change the product key, when i try to do...
  3. Microsoft family bug appearing out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft family bug appearing out of nowhere: I randomly started to have some family time limit, my parents did not make any changements and I’m old enough to leave the family which I did yet I still have screen time limits, this did not happen to other members, if II press the button asking a parent for some more time…....
  4. Transparent rectangle box that appears out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transparent rectangle box that appears out of nowhere: Hi folks,I have the following transparent box:https://gyazo.com/6c97874e97f37a46cd7079431f54800dIt appears randomly and does not go away until I restart my Windows.I am on Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview, Build 22494.rs_prerelease.211029-1421. I know that betas come with bugs...
  5. Transparent rectangle box that appears out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transparent rectangle box that appears out of nowhere: Hi folks,I have the following transparent box:https://gyazo.com/6c97874e97f37a46cd7079431f54800dIt appears randomly and does not go away until I restart my Windows.I am on Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview, Build 22494.rs_prerelease.211029-1421. I know that betas come with bugs...
  6. Windows search box graphical glitch that appeared seemingly out of nowhere... Any potential...

in Cortana
    Windows search box graphical glitch that appeared seemingly out of nowhere... Any potential...: Hi,A few days ago, I have been having this weird windows search bar graphical glitch from my recently purchased laptop Zephyrus G15 2021. The laptop has the most recent Windows updates with a fresh install to clean out unnecessary software from OEMs, as well as all the latest...
  7. Abnormal appearance of the search box

in Windows 10 Customization
    Abnormal appearance of the search box: Hello,Since a few days I have witnessed that the search box looks abnormal suddenly. The magnifying glass suddenly disappears and there is slight blue tinge that appears in the box. All of it returns to normal when I just hover the curser on the search box. Is there a...
  8. Windows Search box is half gray and half white

in Cortana
    Windows Search box is half gray and half white: Hi!I'm posting this as my final thing to do, cuz I tried EVERYTHING to fix my problem but nothing works.So here is my problem: I run Windows and everything is normal until I run some programs and RAM fills up. When the RAM usage is high something strange happens to my search...
  9. Blue Screen out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue Screen out of nowhere: I am having a blue screen problem that says: Stop Code: UNEXPECTED_KERNAL_MODE_TRAP I have done a memory diagnostic and it says there are no problems wioth my memory, I am not sure what else to do....
  10. Screen appearing half back

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen appearing half back: [IMG]after Upadate in windows 10 what shuold i do... is it due to virus or .....??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-appearing-half-back/892a7849-9115-4352-83a9-8bf647aa640c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. white bar obscure half screen