Windows 10: MS Security Essentials picked up Behavior:Win32/LimeRat.gen!MTB - How do I get rid of it?

Discus and support MS Security Essentials picked up Behavior:Win32/LimeRat.gen!MTB - How do I get rid of it? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; MS Security Essentials picked up Behavior:Win32/LimeRat.gen!MTB. It said: The following error occurred: Error code 0x80070005. Access is denied. So... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AlbertC6, May 15, 2020.

1. AlbertC6 Win User

MS Security Essentials picked up Behavior:Win32/LimeRat.gen!MTB - How do I get rid of it?

MS Security Essentials picked up Behavior:Win32/LimeRat.gen!MTB. It said: The following error occurred: Error code 0x80070005. Access is denied. So MSSE was not able to quarantine it

Category: Suspicious Behavior
    Description: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.
    Recommended action: Remove this software immediately.
    Items:
    behaviorMS Security Essentials picked up Behavior:Win32/LimeRat.gen!MTB - How do I get rid of it? :pid:284:54648274745608
    processMS Security Essentials picked up Behavior:Win32/LimeRat.gen!MTB - How do I get rid of it? :pid:284,ProcessStart:132336680787440781

Get more information about this item online.

I did a full scan and also downloaded and ran MS Security Scanner, which found nothing. I also have Malwarebytes premium running full time and it did NOT pick it up. I have contacted them but they are ignoring me. This is a bad virus and can infect connected computers, usb dives

Accoding to what I have read - the malware registers itself as “Critical Process” and when the user tries to kill it, a Blue Screen of Death BSoD is raised on the victim machine. Besides this peculiar tricks, the malware has a complete set of very powerful and dangerous capabilities, such as:

• USB drive propagation, infecting all files and folders on USB drivers.
    • Evasive startup methods fileless to avoid AV detection.
    • Virtual machines and analysis box awareness to avoid detection.
    • Stealer and CryptoStealer module to steal cryptocurrency wallets and saved passwords.
    • Keylogger module
    • Backdoor and RDP access.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

AlbertC6, May 15, 2020

2. MS Security Essentials

WInX comes with Defender, but I prefer Security Essentials. Is there a way to upgrade to MS Security Essentials?

Mayagrafix, May 15, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Windows Defender versus Microsoft Security Essentials

Hi Bryan,

Microsoft Security Essentials was upgraded to Windows defender and it was a default security software from Windows 8. You cannot have both as they are one.

Since you get this annoying popup at the startup i suggest you to disable any Microsoft Security Essentials entries in Startup tab.

• Open the Task manager. by pressing Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • click on Startup tab
    • Right click on Microsoft Security Essentials entry and click on Disable.

Restart the computer and check if that helps.

Waseemulla S, May 15, 2020
  4. MS Security Essentials picked up Behavior:Win32/LimeRat.gen!MTB - How do I get rid of it?

Cannot uninstall MS Security Essentials

I had MS Security Essentials when in Windows 7.

Now that I have upgraded to Windows 10, I'm trying to uninstall MS Security Essentials but couldn't.

The reason I want to do it is the Windows Defender that comes with Windows 10 seems to provided added protection for rootkits and bootkits.

In my computer, Windows Defended has been turned off (automatically?), and I can't uninstall MS Security Essentials (I get a message saying "You don't need to install MS Security Essentials" when trying to uninstall it, which is weird because I'm trying
    to uninstall, not install it). I also cannot turn Windows Defender on because all I get is a message saying "This app has been turned off and isn't monitoring your computer", without the ability to go any further.

MS Security Essentials is running fine and seems to have a better User Interface (Extra "Settings tab" not found in Windows Defender, that allows you to set a scheduled scan, automatically check for definition files etc...). I know this because I just bought
    a brand new computer with Windows 10 that only has Windows Defender on it.

What can (or should) I do?

Thanks

PikaChule1, May 15, 2020
Thema:

MS Security Essentials picked up Behavior:Win32/LimeRat.gen!MTB - How do I get rid of it?

1. MS Security Essentials picked up Behavior:Win32/LimeRat.gen!MTB - How do I get rid of it? - Similar Threads - Security Essentials picked

2. Please How do i go about this Virus Win32/Expiro.EB!MTB, Win64/Expiro.DD!MTB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please How do i go about this Virus Win32/Expiro.EB!MTB, Win64/Expiro.DD!MTB: Please How do i go about this Virus Win32/Expiro.EB!MTB, Win64/Expiro.DD!MTB on My windows 11 it gradually taking over my PC, The Notification form windows defender keep coming non stop and the defender can do anything about please somebody should help meI have tried using...
  3. Cant Get Rid Of A Trojan :Win32/Xpack.A!MTB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant Get Rid Of A Trojan :Win32/Xpack.A!MTB: Hi, all my windows security when a scan was carried out I found this Trojan:Win32/Xpack.A!MTB I can't seem to get rid of it or find that folder. I have turned off the system restore scanned with malware bytes and found nothing with the anti-virus program Total AV and found...
  4. Cant Get Rid Of A Trojan :Win32/Xpack.A!MTB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant Get Rid Of A Trojan :Win32/Xpack.A!MTB: Hi, all my windows security when a scan was carried out I found this Trojan:Win32/Xpack.A!MTB I can't seem to get rid of it or find that folder. I have turned off the system restore scanned with malware bytes and found nothing with the anti-virus program Total AV and found...
  5. Cant Get Rid Of A Trojan :Win32/Xpack.A!MTB

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. how do I get rid of Win32/SpeedingUpMyPC

how do I get rid of Win32/SpeedingUpMyPC: Defender tells me I have Win32/SpeedingUpMyPC on my computer. How di I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-win32speedingupmypc/1b2ed31e-a00f-4d0d-9ed5-61f8a37b806a
  7. Windows Defender picks up Win32/deplock but cannot get rid of it?

Windows Defender picks up Win32/deplock but cannot get rid of it?: Dear All, I wonder whether you've come across this one: I run Windows 20175 and I use MalwareBytes as main protection software. Yesterday I decided to also enable Windows Defender to fully scan the system. Windows Defender found two trojans: One (which I can't remember its...
  8. How do I get rid of MS gaming overlay pop up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of MS gaming overlay pop up?: I don't know what this is, but this isn't even a game so **** off... [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/how-do-i-get-rid-of-ms-gaming-overlay-pop-up/f572b5c0-f1dd-40f8-a16b-7bcbe62b4690
  9. MS Security Essentials

MS Security Essentials: WInX comes with Defender, but I prefer Security Essentials. Is there a way to upgrade to MS Security Essentials? 4902
  10. How do I get rid of the MS popup?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get rid of the MS popup?: I'm sure everyone here is familiar with this annoying little bugger which pops out on the side and says, "You need to fix your MS account for apps on other device to be able to blah blah blah, etc.... Does anyone know how I can get rid of it? When I tried "fixing my account"...